+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Topher

FORT Newbie

Knowing topher

Hey guys...interesting thread about Topher. I was reading the back and forth comments and felt it necessary to throw my thoughts in because I actually do know Topher. First and foremost. What you see on the screen is Topher. He is a very funny, straightforward, all around nice guy. In fact, I know he is trying to answer every single email that he receives from random people on his web site and is trying to make the best of his participation on the show.

Was Topher qualified to be on the show? Oh my gawd-YES. Topher is an excellent waiter that makes eating out fun. He's been waiter and manager in restaurants for a long time but he is also a struggling actor trying to get his break. He's like everyone else, he was given an opportunity and he is trying to make the best of it. Can't fault him for that.

So...to end it all, everyone - claws in...Letís be happy and enjoy "The Restaurant" for what it is...a TV show with great editing.

Who's the waiter who quit?

Who's the waiter that quit? the gay dude. As soon as he found out that one chick got a moped for quiting he tried the same thing. He thought Rocco was going to run to him and give him one too. NOT!

FORT Regular
    I don't think Topher really quit? HUH?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    Who's the waiter that quit? the gay dude. As soon as he found out that one chick got a moped for quiting he tried the same thing. He thought Rocco was going to run to him and give him one too. NOT!

That was Topher, and unfortunately for him, Rocco would not ride on a Vespa?...with him...

But, Rocco is just a sweetie who wants people close to him...

Rocco, I will kiss you on the cheek and make meatballs with you!!

I'll be there!

This world is paradise for us...PUNK ROCK!!!!

et tu topher?

Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    I don't think Topher really quit? HUH?
    One of the articles posted quotes the production company saying that they were unhappy that some of the employees left and next time would probably want to control personel decisions. Gee I wonder who they were talking about. Maybe Topher can star in a spin off, Queer Eye for the idiotic Straight Guy who acts like a schmuck in front of millions of people every week- kind of a long title though. I can see why the producers were VERY unhappy- Topher will be missed. Scary belt buckle though.

You know given the way he dresses, his mediocre hairdon't and the rather interesting decor of Rocco's, our mama's son really is an ideal makeover canidate for Queer Eye; who needs Freddy vs Jason when you can have Rocco vs Carsen
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

I'm sad to see Topher go.

He seemed to be very professional and I would find it a pleasure to have someone like him as my server in a restaurant.

I can't say I blame him for going.
    He was clearly unhappy there, for good reason and I think Lola getting the Vespa was the final straw.
    To see one person given a gift like that while virtually everyone else is extremely under-valued makes for a very difficult work environment.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fade to black
    Is it professional to spend half your time whining about how bad things are?

From what I saw of him, when he was at the tables working - he was a good server. But he's a whiner. Pure and simple, and his attitude surely didn't help the demeanor of other servers.

I'm not sad to see him go. Go whine at some other restaurant.

Oh, and I liked him as a person. Just not as a server.

See fluff - we're disagreeing again! Ain't it fun!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Newbie

Remember Editing

Don't forget that the editing team has been working very hard to make each episode build an interesting story. Many days worth of stuff have been nicely packaged into last nights hour long story. The Vespa story and Topher quiting more than likely had nothing to do with each other.

I think we're all well aware of editing, particularly in any show that has anything to do with Mark Burnett.
    Topher wasn't exactly pleased that she had been given the Vespa, either was Uzay or anyone else who found out about it.

The Vespa probably wasn't the single issue that made him quit, but I imagine it was just another thing that made him feel undervalued and made him want to get the hell out.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Good riddance to bad rubbish! Topher has a despicable work ethic. If everything is peachy in theory, he's smiling. But once doing it is the issue, he strikes that diva pose and gasps in shock.

He can't even leave without making a Broadway production out of it. Going around and making his farewells in a last ditch effort to bring down moral. What a clown.

The only thing I liked about him was that he had the open mind to shop in the girls department for better fitting jeans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast