+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "The Restaurant" Recap - "Nights to Remember"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted2tv
    CaliGirl -- Thank you SO much for your recaps!! I don't know HOW I keep missing "The Restaurant", but I do!! I have so many reality tv shows (& non-reality) that some just slip by, I guess. Maybe I'll catch it this week.

You're the best!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Your hard work is definately appreciated!!
    You just made my day! Thank you!

By the way, I just tape these shows back to back on the slowest speed and watch them all sooner or later.

You are more than welcome!!
    Thanks again!! You're the best!!

I love this show!but honestly,how rude were the patrons?holy cow..I am from New Jersey and I have never acted like that in public.They would have to pay me a six figure income to wait on jerks like that.Meatball man was the most obnoxious loser I have ever seen on television.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe
    I love this show!but honestly,how rude were the patrons?holy cow..I am from New Jersey and I have never acted like that in public.They would have to pay me a six figure income to wait on jerks like that.Meatball man was the most obnoxious loser I have ever seen on television.
    The meatball jerk looks familiar, I think he is an actor. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the "patrons" are planted to create drama. They're out of red wine, rude guy gives waiter American Express to buy wine, he comes back empty handed and suddenly they have red wine again. Rocco is an egomaniacal jerk and this show is annoying, but I can't stop watching. What is wrong with me? Last week I wanted to jump through my TV and wring Rocco's neck!!! Blood pressure rising....breathe, breathe...o.k., o.k. I feel better.

FORT Newbie
    OMg!! That meetball guy...I would of punched him if I was there! How annoying...I bet if the cameras weren't there people wouldn't have acted like that. I felt bad for Rocco! Also, there was a couple who complained about every meal they ordered...anyone remember them? The wife thought the food was raw or something.

Hi, first post but I've been lurking here for awhile. Caligirl, you do an excellent job on the recaps. What makes these shows so much fun is not so much watching them, but logging in and ready everyone's snarky comments. I also think it's great that a lot of the show's participants log in as well to fill us in on stuff that really happened, I really enjoyed Gideon's website comments [http://www.gideonhorowitz.com]

Well, I think the Restaurant has so far been a summer highlight, along with last comic standing. The show has a really good format, it's natural entertainment to see what happens backstage in a resterant (I've always spelled it like that, maybe it's a regional thing), and NY waiter/waitress types are a great cast for a reality series. They have personalities unlike those boring schlubbs in the BB4 house right now.

My main dislike so far is the MAJOR overusage of product placement. More comments on this in the products thread. I like reality shows when they're compelling and well-done (survivor, LCS, amazing race is supposed to be good but I never watch it). All those other horrible dating/marriage they're putting out this summer because they're cheap to produce. I'd hate to see quality dramatic shows go the way of the dodobird This is a really funny parody site:

http://www.teevee.org/archive/2003/04/01/

So anyway, I'm tonite's ep looks equally entertaining from the previews, hopefully I'll come upwith something witty to say about it.
    "I'm pathetic. I owe my daughter 6 bucks for girl scout cookies, and I'm dodging her." -Rich Vos

Quote Originally Posted by Sancerre2001
    Rocco is an egomaniacal jerk and this show is annoying, but I can't stop watching. What is wrong with me? Last week I wanted to jump through my TV and wring Rocco's neck!!! Blood pressure rising....breathe, breathe...o.k., o.k. I feel better.
    i agree that at times rocco is a jerk with the way he handles things but did ya ever stop to think of the massive amount of pressure that he is going through??? so little time, so much to do, so much stress...... being on TV even...now im not saying that i didnt think he went overboard at times, because i know he did, im just saying that he has shown he doesnt handle stress well ALL OF THE TIME!!.....i love this show, think its very interesting to see it from the very beginning with the financial backing and the renovation and hiring to the opening....NY is where i have been thinking of relocating to and its great to see this side of it!
    I am what I am, God has made me...What do I see when I look in the mirror?? I see me.......Clay

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj3013
    Hi, first post but I've been lurking here for awhile. Caligirl, you do an excellent job on the recaps. What makes these shows so much fun is not so much watching them, but logging in and ready everyone's snarky comments. I also think it's great that a lot of the show's participants log in as well to fill us in on stuff that really happened, I really enjoyed Gideon's website comments [http://www.gideonhorowitz.com]

Well, I think the Restaurant has so far been a summer highlight, along with last comic standing. The show has a really good format, it's natural entertainment to see what happens backstage in a resterant (I've always spelled it like that, maybe it's a regional thing), and NY waiter/waitress types are a great cast for a reality series. They have personalities unlike those boring schlubbs in the BB4 house right now.

So anyway, I'm tonite's ep looks equally entertaining from the previews, hopefully I'll come upwith something witty to say about it.
    Thanks so much Dj3013! You are obviously a person with excellent taste and I'd like to welcome you to the FORT!

We all love to snark here, no worries. I believe tonight's upcoming episode will provide even more fodder for the grist. Rocco is such a great target - he's so full of himself! I already see where he brags to Mama Mia that he's fired 3 cooks and 2 waiters. This should be good!

*Rubbing hands*

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=jelizak]i agree that at times rocco is a jerk with the way he handles things but did ya ever stop to think of the massive amount of pressure that he is going through??? so little time, so much to do, so much stress...... being on TV even...now im not saying that i didnt think he went overboard at times, because i know he did, im just saying that he has shown he doesnt handle stress well ALL OF THE TIME!!.....

Yes, I did stop to think about it, and, yet, I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for the guy.

Ok, where do you folks who think tipping 10% is ok live? I've never tipped less than 15% in my life! 20% is the norm with folks I know around here (Boston), and more like 25% if the service is extraordinary.

A 10% tip is an insult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast