+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "The Restaurant" Recap - "Nights to Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Uzay
    I was lucky enough to have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Much needed relaxation time. Off to Shakespeare in The Park tonite. I don't live at Rocco's. It's not an island that I can't escape from. We all have lives outside of work.

Well, that's good to hear. It just seemed that they were working you to death on the show. Enjoy Shakepeare in the Park!!!

FORT Newbie
    Hey guys...great re-cap...pete is a little ummm....confused as to why he is getting such negative press on the message board. Im working on my re-cap on my site right now...thanks for watching guys...
    www.gideonhorowitz.com

Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    Hey guys...great re-cap...pete is a little ummm....confused as to why he is getting such negative press on the message board. Im working on my re-cap on my site right now...thanks for watching guys...
    www.gideonhorowitz.com
    Because he came accross as a bit of a rude idiot.

I mean really truly, I'm sure he is a lovely person, but he must not work well under pressure.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Part of why I'm down on Pete this week is because he broke, several times, Rocco's golden rule: the customer always gets what they want, no matter what.

The comment about bringing the chef out to set up around the one table was a little rude, and he several times told customers they couldn't get something they wanted.

That, plus he seemed to be there more to have fun with you, Gideon, than to work... And honestly, I was a little offended by his off-hand remark about the $200 tab giving him only a $20 tip. 10% for such a large tab isn't uncommon, and $20 is $20.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    And honestly, I was a little offended by his off-hand remark about the $200 tab giving him only a $20 tip. 10% for such a large tab isn't uncommon, and $20 is $20.
    It was a $40 tip on a $400 tab, John -- and his complaint was that they sat there most of the evening, so that no bigger tippers could occupy the table and give Pete the huge tip that he deserved.

Ah, oops. Still, 10%, not shabby, I guess.

Thanks for the great recap, Caligirl!

I'm actually pretty disappointed that I missed this show on Sunday, it sounds like things are heating up in the kitchen! Fortunately, I have your excellent recap to keep me up to date on the series.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

CC Thank you so much for your recap...I felt like I didn't miss a thing. Actually you make the show sound more entertaining than it really is. However, I did like the first show, it was quite different from the rest of the reality shows currently on the air.

FORT Fogey
    Fantastic recap, Calitaliana! I read it and laughed at 29,000 feet while those around me had their Wall Street Journals and USA Todays. Bulletproof, mouth-watering writing, babe!

CaliGirl -- Thank you SO much for your recaps!! I don't know HOW I keep missing "The Restaurant", but I do!! I have so many reality tv shows (& non-reality) that some just slip by, I guess. Maybe I'll catch it this week.

You're the best!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Your hard work is definately appreciated!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast