+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "The Restaurant" Recap - "Nights to Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Uzay

The people who we waited on while show was taping were absolute characters. Imagine trying to do your job with minimal training and dealing with crazy New Yorkers who want to make a scene and get on TV. NOT EASY!!
    I'm sure that your clientele were really being even more of a pain because of the cameras. Did any of them get their meals free for being on TV? Did they have to sign releases before being allowed in the restaurant?

Thanks everyone for clearing up Peters mishap for me. What a goof. I sure hated that I missed this episode. Can't wait til next week.
    Thank God for CaliGirls recaps!!

FORT Fogey
    Thank you to my loyal readers for your great comments!

If anything makes this effort worth my time, it's knowing that you guys are enjoying it.

Another great recap CaliGirl. I just have a few observances/questions. Why would they install the grill next to a wall? Common sense in a kitchen is that there are going to be flare ups, so why take the chance? And am I to understand that the runners have to bring the orders up from the basement? That seems pretty risky.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
    Another great recap CaliGirl. I just have a few observances/questions. Why would they install the grill next to a wall? Common sense in a kitchen is that there are going to be flare ups, so why take the chance? And am I to understand that the runners have to bring the orders up from the basement? That seems pretty risky.
    Thank you, Chef!

Both are great questions that require answers from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Someone? Anyone?

Seeing as how space in NYC is at a premium, many restaurants have kitchens located in basements, 2nd floors etc. I know of a Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville Tn where the kitchen is located upstairs, a very narrow flight of steps!

I spent the whole episode screaming at the television screen. I saw so many things last night that went against everything I was taught in culinary school. I am amazed at the fact that the resturant is still open right now. And how many more lawsuits is this guy gonna get? First his financial backer got one last week and now Rocco.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzay
    Pete went to a restaurant across the street and restaurants are not allowed to have any alcohol leave the premises.

The people who we waited on while show was taping were absolute characters. Imagine trying to do your job with minimal training and dealing with crazy New Yorkers who want to make a scene and get on TV. NOT EASY!!

The law suit is real. The name of the restaurant in the Village is called Rocco Ristorante and we were just Rocco's. Now we have changed the name because of the lawsuit to Rocco's on 22nd.

Glad everyone is enjoying the show. Things only heat up more next week so keep watching.

Uzay, I was just curious if you still worked at Rocco's, and if so, how you have time to post things during dinner time...

Excellent recap, this was a great episode and i'm really enjoying this show ... glad I get your recap to re live my enjoyable watching experience.

The Real Thing
    I was lucky enough to have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Much needed relaxation time. Off to Shakespeare in The Park tonite. I don't live at Rocco's. It's not an island that I can't escape from. We all have lives outside of work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast