+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "The Restaurant" Recap - "Nights to Remember"

I think the hairdos were supposed to support some kind of theme or motif Rocco was going for. Not sure, but I heard him say something about the new dos should look "outer borough New York". I assume he meant stereotypically, which I think is the result we saw.

Thanks for the recap Cali!
    Why wouldn't the liquor store across the street sell Peter the wine?
    What did they have to do to get the tow people to stop towing the cars?
    Most importantly Why didn't Rocco know there was already a Roccos in NY??

I couldn't believe the meatball guy either, that just seemed so much like a contrived character in a sketch on SNL or something. I thought that was just a stereotype, are there really people like that? Even for New York City, that guy was a cololssal ass! And the two other blimps at his table? No wonder he knows so much about pulling teeth from cows, his whole obnoxious, loud family is comprised of bovines.

And the jerks who kept sending back everything? I don't know if it was obvious to all, but his date? That's a MAN baby! What was the deal with the tranny who could not be pleased? He looked like Kathy Griffin on a bad day.

Who knew a Frenchman could be so cold and snotty?

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    The restaurant across the street wouldnt sell him the wine because Rocco's wasnt "officially" opened until the next day and Im guessing the date of the liquor license to "sell" wine would be the day after the Kickoff opening.

I think...can anyone help me out here?
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I bar may not sell alcohol for off-premises consumption unless they have a package liquor license also. So, especially with the cameras there to document things, they would not want to break the law by selling packaged alcohol.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    Thanks for the recap Cali!
    What did they have to do to get the tow people to stop towing the cars?
    Most importantly Why didn't Rocco know there was already a Roccos in NY??
    The fact is that there are probably a lot of "Rocco's" in NY as well as other places. However, his restaurant's name is "Rocco's on 22nd Street" and the "Cease and Desist" letter really did not carry any weight.

Thumbs on the recap CaliGirl!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Fran Drescher arrives and I have to turn down the television because her voice is taking the finish off my furniture. You’d think she was royalty or at least had a show currently. The only thing she’s ever done that validates her presence on the planet was to play Bobby Fleckstein in “This is Spinal Tap.”

In any case, Meatball Man is now going to make his presence felt by yelling across several tables at Fran,
    “Hey Fran, ain’t nobody makes meatballs like my mom (we can tell, she made you!). You gotta come over for meatballs.” I’m almost feeling sorry for Fran because she has a scared smile pasted on her face.
    :::sides hurt from laughing:::

I think Fran has a book out right now about her fight with cancer or an autobiography.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fan
    Great re-cap Cali. I still like this show. It just seems to fly by....before I know it a whole hour is gone. The frantic pace of the restaurant just carries over.

Uzay...I am SO with you man. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity ...and for those with very little experience who think they know more than the people who really do know what they are doing.

Way to keep them in line Uzay...I don't envy your job....dealing a egomaniac for a boss ....12 camera crews running around getting in the way...incompatent help..and a rude beyond belief clientele. I hope you made some good money...because the stress must have been a real killer!

Having watched for the first time this Sunday, I somewhat enjoyed the show. It was nice to see Rocco actually doing something when he jumped in and started to expedite the orders. Seems like he should have paid just a little more attention to the quality as well as the speed but his line cooks did need to get a fire lit under their butts. Now that sounded more like the real thing to me. I'm not quite as rude with my guys but I can sure insert a size 12 on 'em real quick! Why the idiot server (Peter?) took off on his own to find some wine without checking with a bartender, manager or anybody is beyond me. I'd fire that jerk in a heartbeat. Yeah, he was trying to take take care of the guests, but you just don't go leave your station unattended for any length of time. And the goofball hostess sipping the wine was trouble waiting to happen with a capital T.

The Real Thing

Just want to clear up a couple of things.

Pete went to a restaurant across the street and restaurants are not allowed to have any alcohol leave the premises.

The people who we waited on while show was taping were absolute characters. Imagine trying to do your job with minimal training and dealing with crazy New Yorkers who want to make a scene and get on TV. NOT EASY!!

The law suit is real. The name of the restaurant in the Village is called Rocco Ristorante and we were just Rocco's. Now we have changed the name because of the lawsuit to Rocco's on 22nd.

Glad everyone is enjoying the show. Things only heat up more next week so keep watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast