+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What was the disclaimer at the end?

FORT Newbie

What was the disclaimer at the end?

OK, did anyone catch the disclaimer that was up for a total of no seconds at the end? Something about server table preference or what-not?

LG.
    I saw part of it was disclosing that Am Ex, Coors and Mitsubishi were paid endorsers of the show, just acknowleding the plugs were purchased. There was a lot of text though, so there could have been more.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

perplexed!

it was the text after that part... something about the server's tables, compisation, or something. its eating away at my sleep!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsteve
    it was the text after that part... something about the server's tables, compisation, or something. its eating away at my sleep!
    Yeah, I caught that too. It said that "Promotional considerations may have been provide to restaurant employees for preferred tables or service."

Basically, I think it just meant that the promoters (Amex, Coors, Mitsubishi) had first dibs on getting seats, service, glasses, food... (i.e., the Coors twins probably didn't wait around for a seat).

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by willkirby
    It said that "Promotional considerations may have been provide to restaurant employees for preferred tables or service."

But what promotional considerations have been given to the employess (the waitstaff) for the preferred table? Is it like, ok, you get to serve this table only if you mention AMEX; otherwise back to Burger King?

Whats the deal? What do they get!?! Fess-up !

I barely caught it! I didn't pay that much attention until I realized it was something worth reading. Did anyone tape the episode? What does it say! AUGH!!!!

-Lyzetth

FORT Newbie

The Disclaimer

OK, did anyone catch the disclaimer that was up for a total of no seconds at the end? Something about server table preference or what-not?

Consideration was furnished by MAGNA Global Entertainment for airing this program.

Promotional considerations may have been provided to restaurant employees for preferred tables or service.

Promotional consideration furnished by American Express Company, Coors Brewing Company, and Mitsubishi Motors North America.

Translation please?

FORT Newbie
    Any consideration or cash paid to television production company staff to have content included in the program (and I guess this would include money to waiters, managers and owners of a restaurant created for a reality show) must be acknolwedged, by FCC rules.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/broadcast/sponsid.html

FORT Fan
    jUST tape the show next time so you can pause the tape and read the actual text.. .like most reality shows, Im sure the fine print will hint th at theres more scripting and planning and editing than actual reality on these shows. If anyone thinks this is real and that no one is acting is a fool. You think the same things would have happened without cameras? Of course not, you wouldnt have had the same employees who were hoping to get on tv and get some fame.

As on 20-20 last week when a reality casting person was interviewed, she acknowledged that most contestants and cast members of th ese shows are aspiring for fame - many actors and models - cuz they have an attractive look plus they can afford to take 2-3 months off a job since often they are unemployed anyway despite the little chyrons

FORT Newbie

disclaimer

It said "Beware, exposure to Rocco DiSpirito may cause headaches, vomiting, frustration, anxiety, or the desire to be suffer from any of the afformentioned afflictions rather than have contact with Rocco DiSpirito"

+ Reply to Thread