+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by zenial
    Alright, I understand the posting your personal website may not be the thing to do. But i'm sure that most people understand that this forum is a really really great way to get our names out there this is an invalueable tool. It's not like we are posting at random, the forum is The Restaurant come on. If you would like us to stop ok however if you look at gideon hit counter PEOPLE CARE and they want to visit the site. You know as well as I do i you dn't throw the url around every now and again it will get lost. As for putting the website a a signature thats a very good idea I did not think of, thank you.

P.S Deleting a post should be done only if absolutly nessecary (especially if it's funny)
    I think John made the right call on this one. We are getting sick and tired of the self promotion. And if you come here to read people's responses to your role in the show, than you should just do that. If you have anything to say to the responses then say them, but don't post your URL after every question, especially when it doesn't even answer it. I don't know if you've noticed, but if viewers find a passage from your site interesting enough, they usually post it here. So, please stop the self promotional URLs cuz it's actually working against you.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    I think John made the right call on this one. We are getting sick and tired of the self promotion. And if you come here to read people's responses to your role in the show, than you should just do that. If you have anything to say to the responses then say them, but don't post your URL after every question, especially when it doesn't even answer it. I don't know if you've noticed, but if viewers find a passage from your site interesting enough, they usually post it here. So, please stop the self promotional URLs cuz it's actually working against you.
    I agree on some level, but I mentioned my site once and the counter went through the roof. I don't really know how hundreds of people viewing my resume is working against me, unless of course it sucks which it dosn't. The point of people from the show posting here is to get people's feed back true, but also to get people intrested in them. I apologize if all this self promotion is bothersome but remember in a few weeks we'll all be gone. I don't really think most people mind. Again i totally see were your coming from, but if you had a chance to get hundreds possibly thousands of people that were at least slightly intrigued by you to see your clips and resume you would probably take the same path. NBC dosn't care about us Rocco fired us this is are only avenue. That is why we come to discuss the show and promote ourselves because it is generally very very hard to get yourself out there but this makes it very very easy, and let's face it we have a minute window in which to do so. No one will remeber who we are after the show unless we do stuff like this. Also not to contradict myself but self-promotion is not are only motive we a genuinely intrested in what people have to say, and I personally love coming on after every show the check people thoughts and reactions

Thanks

coors

FORT Fan
    Gideon,

Just finished reading your take on the last show..glad you are open about how lousy a boss Rocco is, but could you have your head any further up Laurant's ass? The guy said what he said and that hardly qualifies him as a nice guy. His also demanding Pete apologize to both he and the hostess is another indication that he enjoys humiliating people. and his demotion of Pete without giving him a second chance also shows his lack of compassion..so your claims of him being a great guy seem insincere.

FORT Regular

I have not read anything like that. Do you have a link to the article. As far as money is meaningless, I do believe it should be treated as a means to and end, a nessacery evil. But many people treat as the end. I believe Heather the girl with whom I was arguing with would agree the "discussion" we had was more a misunderstanding.

P.S I did think it was a soup kitchen

FORT Fan
    Brian,

I apologize, it was actually in the Reality News Online update. The quote is below. I have to agree with the writer that you a bit of a crackpot based on the comments.

Brian chimes in and says that he thinks the lack of identity is “so f***ing cool,” and that Rocco is a genius for keeping his customers guessing. You may remember Brian as the same guy who said earlier that money is unimportant. I wonder what it’s like to live in Brian’s world.

Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    For the record...Ive worked in restaurants for the past 5 years...3 of which I managed...Jekyll and Hyde on 57th and 6th ave and Tapas Lounge on 59th and 1st to name 2.
    Jekyll and Hyde, eh? I love that restaurant!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Okay. Gideon, they RESHOT your fall????? They needed a facial reaction so they RESHOT THE FALL? That's sinking to a new moral low for both of you. Them for asking, you for obliging. Ridiculous. No offense, because you seem like a nice enough guy, but why after injuring yourself would you allow them to treat you that way??
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Final5
    Brian,

I apologize, it was actually in the Reality News Online update. The quote is below. I have to agree with the writer that you a bit of a crackpot based on the comments.

Brian chimes in and says that he thinks the lack of identity is “so f***ing cool,” and that Rocco is a genius for keeping his customers guessing. You may remember Brian as the same guy who said earlier that money is unimportant. I wonder what it’s like to live in Brian’s world.
    Thanks for the info. And by the way its a wonderful beautiful world, filled with fantasy, excitment, and adventure...just no money

Maji, I can imagine that conversation...

Gideon: "You SOB's, I broke my arm, and all you had to say was 'that's life, go home'"

Mark Burnett: "Gideon, we need another shot of your fall - can you do it again for us?"

Gideon: "Hell no, I won't."

Mark: "We'll give you 5 minutes more airtime next episode, and won't show you doing anything stupid for the rest of the season."

Gideon: "Okay, put that camera over there..."

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread