+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gideon

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I never noticed that. LOL I don't know if I buy the whole broken arm thing to begin with, really. Never have. Just something too "fixed" about it knowing they made Gideon reshoot his fall and all.

FORT Newbie
    You guys crack me up. Switching slings...could be mirror shots used in editing...ever think of that...or maybe Im really that stupid and forgot which arm i was faking.

FORT Newbie
    Hey everyone...listen it's ok. i want you all to know that while i respond although the tone seems defensive i am smiling. I go on the message boards so i can talk directly to people who are watching the show. All my friends of course "love" the show. i dont want some bullshit answer i want to know the truth...so yes in a way Stebo i appreciate you for picking my life apart. I tried to clarify some things on my website. hell if you think i am lying then there are more people like you...so I can at least try to get the stories right...although Im probably digging a deeper hole by doing so. Jekyll and Hyde on 57th and 6th ave in NYC...go ahead make the call...i bet you will too. The Operations manager and the Front of house manager both worked with me, i actually visited there last week.
    And the elbow thing is great some people are now claiming to have seen me switch slings on the show. People "mirror editing"...ever hear of it....like taking a photo and switching it around...like looking into a mirror. I know you'll have a great rebutle for this one Stebo....and i cant wait to hear it. yeah Zenial gets a little too emotional about the boards. Believe me if i was offended i wouldnt be here. Like i said in the beginning, "I know what i signed up for."

I haven't watched the show again, but I imagine it was just an editing goof.

Gideon looked to be in a lot of pain when he was in the hopsital, so unless I'm completely naive I don't personally think he's faking.
    I feel bad for the poor guy.
    They call him in, then send him home.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Hey Gideon,

Can you give us any clues as to what the atmosphere at Rocco's is now? Are people more satisfied and tearing up less?

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, I guess you can say everyone is happy. Guests were always for the most part happy. In one night we have 300 covers...you see 4 tables complaining and assume that every table is the same. I warn you, do not be a puppet to Mark Burnett, realize that you are all thinking exactly what he wants you to think...rise above...be original!

FORT Newbie
    haha...
    I was actually thinking about the editing last night. Especially at the ned when they show all of the people fawning over the food. At any given time in a restaurant, there are going to be a few tables of unhappy people and a few tables of happy people. So when all of the people eating the food went from unhappy to happy, all it took was replacing all of the footage of the unhappy people with those that are happy.
    I guess I will have to save my pennies and make to trip out to NYC to get a true feel for Rocco's myself.

P.S. You and Pete are my two fave staffers

hi Gideon
    I just want you to know that it pains me when I see you get sent home all the time.Why does this keep happening?BTW how is your arm now?
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for asking...no one really ever asks that. I am still in physical therapy. The arm never healed right because I am an idiot...which all of you have already realized. I have about 5 degrees left in my range of motion. It can't bend straight completely but you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at it. Of course i could be making all of this up and always walk with my arm at a slight angle for the rest of my life....hahaaa Im fooling everyone.

FORT Newbie
    sucks that everyone is questioning gid's arm. it is mirror editing - if you remember in episode 1 it looked like rocco was driving a car from england at one point - just a mirror rerverse shot. it's used to balance certain transitions. sorry doubters.

+ Reply to Thread