+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Restaurant” Recap - “The special for this evening is…”

Cheers for the excellent recap, CG... spot on.

M
    ~M o s a i K~

CaliGirl,

Your recap was priceless!

Watching the show last night, all I could think of is who was gonna recap it and what great material this show would provide. My favorite parts, with so many to choose from, are the interviewing scenes:

"Why do you wanna work here?"
    " I eat, I eat alot. Im a COW"

You just cant make that stuff up!

P.S. Can you put me down for next week's recap....something close to the window please. *slips her a $20*
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    CaliGirl,
    P.S. Can you put me down for next week's recap....something close to the window please. *slips her a $20*
    Love it! You're in, Sepia.

Thank you everybody for all your great comments and your appreciation. I love doing it and am glad I finally found a show that I can literally sink my teeth into.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The next thing that happens is so peculiar that I am trying to take it all in while making sure that I have not ingested any hallucinogenic. Rocco goes downstairs to the vending machine in the station’s basement and proceeds to get M&Ms, Trail Mix, Skittles and Ring Dings. He also gets some coffee which he throws in a blender (where the hell did that come from?) with a Ring Ding and pours the resulting oozing slime on a paper plate which is laden with the aforementioned goodies. The DJs apparently have not eaten at the trough for at least an hour so they are salivating at this gruesome offering. One of them takes a mouthful and shows delicate restraint by saying it’s “interesting.” The other one take a big gobble and can’t get over at how good it is. I would not want to see their blood sugar count at this point.

OMG CG!! I was after I read this paragraph. I thought the same thing you did!! I believe it was the DJs that ingested the hallucinogenic...and thats why the guy couldn't get over how good it was.

NOT a dish for diabetics!!

Great Recap! I enjoyed this show, even though a lot of it does seem staged...but thats a whole other thread!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well CG, I didn't get to see the show, but with your astute observations I feel like I didn't miss a thing! Some of the reasons people give for saying they are qualified to work in a restaurant are quite unique. I have heard the "I like to eat", or "I wash dishes at home" or "I cook at home, it can't be that hard" and "I go out to eat all the time so I can wait tables". Look forward to hearing more of your exciting recaps!

FORT Newbie
    I've always supported reality TV and all the dating shows - even Survivor is sorta entertaining. But this show...seriously. I worked in the restaurant industry for 8 years, including the last two years, serving full time in a busy restaurant in Vail CO. I got paid hundreds of dollars a night to deal with this kind of stress.

My only hope is that people realize how much work a server does and therefore tip the much appreciated 20% rather than 10-15%. You know we don't get a pay check - ever?! You know we pay taxes as if we got tipped even if we get stiffed?

Now THAT's reality!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I really loved this show and the recap was great as always, Cali! I'm looking forward to the next episode. Gideon, did you really drink all that spitty wine? Ugh! Hope you got lots of money in the pot.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by madlibsbabydoll
    I've always supported reality TV and all the dating shows - even Survivor is sorta entertaining. But this show...seriously. I worked in the restaurant industry for 8 years, including the last two years, serving full time in a busy restaurant in Vail CO. I got paid hundreds of dollars a night to deal with this kind of stress.

My only hope is that people realize how much work a server does and therefore tip the much appreciated 20% rather than 10-15%. You know we don't get a pay check - ever?! You know we pay taxes as if we got tipped even if we get stiffed?

Now THAT's reality!
    I'm not sure what your point is here. This is a recap thread.

wicked awesome huge recap. wow, i'm famished and need food just from reading that ... this show seems interesting and I can hardly wait until next week ... finally, yay Sunday ... and yay CaliGirl for the dope awesome recap ...

The DJs apparently have not eaten at the trough for at least an hour

jckm

the truth

Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    wicked awesome huge recap. wow, i'm famished and need food just from reading that ... this show seems interesting and I can hardly wait until next week ... finally, yay Sunday ... and yay CaliGirl for the dope awesome recap ...

The DJs apparently have not eaten at the trough for at least an hour

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast