+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Restaurant” Recap - “The special for this evening is…”

Great recap ClaiGirl.
    Some of my favourite parts...

Rocco’s financial backer and consultant is Jeffrey Chodorow, a guy with a 5 day growth of beard and a mission.

Twenty six hours before the 10 AM starting time for interviews, there is already a guy waiting. Apparently, there was no lame “Star Wars” prequel opening so this dude had loads of time on his hands.

It’s Rocco’s turn to give the induction speech. He tells them that they have each taken an unwritten oath to keep the customers happy. If somebody wants a daiquiri and none is available, you go out and get a blender (the one from the radio station perhaps)
    I love the idea that one of them would rush to the radio station and swipe their blender

Great recap.
    I really enjoyed the show and hope it'll get a good following.
    Great job CG
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    When he was a mere kid, Rocco remembers staring into the windows and watching all the parties that would go on in there. It is never explained why Rocco was on the outside looking in. Maybe Grandma was a bootlegger.
    The Sacco-Vanzetti-Grandma DiSpirito Case!

Rocco’s financial backer and consultant is Jeffrey Chodorow, a guy with a 5 day growth of beard and a mission.
    I swear this guy played Lee Donowitz in True Romance.

...and pours the resulting oozing slime on a paper plate which is laden with the aforementioned goodies. The DJs apparently have not eaten at the trough for at least an hour so they are salivating at this gruesome offering.
    Brilliant, CG!

Rocco’s appearance consists of being out in the street with a very slimmed down Al Roker (when was the last time you watched the “Today Show?”)...
    Al Roker is featured in the August Playboy I believe.

Apparently, there was no lame “Star Wars” prequel opening so this dude had loads of time on his hands.

Some of them didn’t know their rhubarb from arugula or a torte from a tart but they came in droves to get on the staff.
    I love this sentence.

Caroline charms the pants off Rocco when she does a wicked booty shake out the door, and we surmise that there will be a segment in a future episode about her.
    How quickly did he spring from his chair at the mere utterance she could samba! Cali from Ipanema, that's on your CV too, no?

I fail to see the logistics in this, but I am not about to open my third restaurant, so what the hell do I know?

...but then I realized that product placement is a key element in this show and Coors is one of the sponsors.
    This show and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy are taking product placement to entirely new levels.

They are all seated around a table and learn how to swish wine around in a glass and how to spit or swallow. No comment here.

He goes nutso and says the workers are on a three-shift schedule and where is everyone? At lunch!
    Sponsored by Burger King, conveniently located one block away on East 23rd Street!

His face is frozen in shock and disbelief as he is thinking, “Oy vey, already?”
    He hasn't had that expression on his face since he saw whatever it is he saw that made him stop peeping through his grandmother's windows.

CaliGirl, I love your recap! Congratulazioni!

FORT Fan
    HI CaliGirl....super recap...thanks..

I really enjoyed this one...it was relaxing to kick back and watch them all scurry around LOL>> I too loved the "pink panther" stuff...too funny

I agree ...nice to see a show that doesnt involve the american public voting like crazed sheep, or the people plotting like spies on bb4 LOL>> pretty refreshing..

so far so good Yum

FORT Newbie

Caligirl

Hi calligirl...Gideon here....wow...you really hate me don't you . I do look like a tool though I have to admit...There is so much more to that first episode that wasnt revealed though...for a little behind the scenes as to what went on go to my website at www.gideonhorowitz.com.
    and yes.....I did have a lot of time on my hands that day I waited 26 hours in line It was worth every second

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    Hi calligirl...Gideon here....wow...you really hate me don't you . I do look like a tool though I have to admit...There is so much more to that first episode that wasnt revealed though...for a little behind the scenes as to what went on go to my website at www.gideonhorowitz.com.
    and yes.....I did have a lot of time on my hands that day I waited 26 hours in line It was worth every second
    Hey, Gideon
    Why would I hate you? I am just writing about my perceptions of the show and inject my comments with humor.

I am sure that much more went on that we didn't get to see. How much can they cram into an hour?

Thanks for the link to your website. I will be sure to check it out.

LG.
    Fantastic recap, CG. I think all my favorite lines have already been quoted, but you've captured it's manic pace perfectly, and added your delightful humor.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    I know you dont hate me...I just cant believe someone in California even knows my name....Next episode the real drama comes out...there hookin up....an injury...I curse out a guest...I agree the product plugs were very cheezy...even while filming we were all made aware of who the sponsors were. When Rocco pulled up in his car to the casting call I really did say those things about his car....but now it looks like a shamless plug for Chrystler...ohhh well...thats reality...Cant wait to see your reactions from episode 2-
    Gideon

FORT Newbie
    36 Hours to Opening
    Everybody’s looking for the Bar Manager because huge Coors trucks have rolled up and they need to know where to put the cases of beer. Finally, John is found under the sink cleaning out a pipe full of rats. Perfect! He comes toward Rocco with the following gem, “You don’t want to touch my hand.” I believe that this was the furthest thing from Rocco’s mind. He would have rather slapped John’s face for going AWOL at such a critical time.

Sorry to correct your recap but John was not awol he was just doing a job that I'm sure I never want to think about in connection with eating again.... also it was not Rocco he started to offer his hand to, but the Coors delivery guy...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmom
    Sorry to correct your recap but John was not awol he was just doing a job that I'm sure I never want to think about in connection with eating again.... also it was not Rocco he started to offer his hand to, but the Coors delivery guy...
    Irregardless, the recap was wonderful even with these "hugely glaring" errors!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Pfffft. I skipped this show on purpose last night -- my plate is too full, pun intended -- but now after reading this great recap, I'll have to watch. Thanks for nothing, Cali!
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast