+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waste of a great concept

FORT Newbie
    stebo said:

Of course, watching people drink spit (that ISN'T really spit; but rather a set up pitcher of poured out wine) is fun as well. I tel you what, I will respect that you like the entertainment of the show and you respect that I don't like how it is misrepresenting the truth of opening a rest. Deal?

I thought we cleared this up. It was a spit bucket...poured out wine...backwash...spit...there was no "set up"

I guess I just feel like your telling me I dont work for a "real" restaurant. It's a little offensive...judge me..call me names....but I am a real server...at a real restaurant...with the same issues as everybody else trying to pay real rent...

I posted a long response in your forum thread. I am not angry with you, I am dissapointed in the show.. I had extremely high hopes for it. Noting personal, my comments attack the show's way of going about things, you are just a player in the game.. I realize that. The article link didn't work but I take your word for it. You would think that they would have at least mentioned it in the show but maybe it didn't "screen" well and got cut out.

Good luck with your career, I think you are a pretty funny guy and I am sure that you will very scuccesfull in your future endeavors long after this show has come and gone. I will keep watching nd I will try to be a little less critical, I respect the hell out of you for coming on here and defending the show in a positive manner. Take care, you have won me over and now have a fan down in Texas. I might not be a fan of the show but I am definitely cheernig for you now.

By the way, I forgot to ask this earlier.. there is a different name for you on the other part of this board... is one a stage name or did they get it wrong?
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Newbie
    Stebo and Krom,

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you. I think this show had the potential to be something interesting, but so far it has been a disappointment. I am a big fan of reality tv, so I watched the first episode hoping that it would be entertaining. It wasn't. It was one long commercial....for Mitsubishi, Coors, Amerian Express and Rocco's.

I didn't like Rocco at all. I thought he was too self-important. He just seemed so in love with himself. I love watching the food network, and I think there are plenty of chefs on it that would have made this show more interesting. I know that Rocco DeSpirito is supposedly a very accomplished chef, so why didn't we see him cooking at all? Maybe a shot of him developing the menu or something? Personally, when I think of a chef, I don't think about a guy driving around in a Mitsubishi with a cell phone stuck to his ear. Just my opinion.

It seems alot of posters here are quite defensive of this show. Many are staff who obviously are wanting the restaurant to succeed. Don't worry guys! You have your 15 minutes of fame and Rocco's will certainly make money! But, please...let's be real here (no pun intended). The show is all about making money....for NBC, Coors, AMEX, and Rocco himself. It is not about a guy from an immigrant family struggling to be succesful in a competitive business.

Maybe it should be renamed "Who wants to make Rocco a millionaire." Now that would be real.

I enjoyed the show, and plan to watch again.

That's why, I guess, there are so many shows, reality and otherwise. So you don't have to subject yourself to shows you don't like, and don't have to venture into forums for shows you don't like or watch.

FORT Newbie
    [Q]don't have to venture into forums for shows you don't like[/Q]

Although sometimes it is interesting to hear the opinions of other people. I am intrigued to hear that some people like this show. I also feel the need to state that I do not. If you don't like hearing that, then you don't have to venture into a thread called "waste of a good concept", ya know?

Fade to black
    Interesting. But isn't the site called Fans of Reality TV?

Hey there's an idea for a sister site John - Bashers of Reality TV.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

LG.
    Oh, there are plenty of bashers sites out there, Hazy, I don't think John needs to set up a BoRT.

We love our reality tv shows here, and we also love to pick on the contestants, the plots, the challenges, and yes, even the "reality" of them. We've had plenty of people show up here who really don't like reality tv, claim to not watch it, and pretty much just show up to call everyone who does watch it a pack of losers. This is not the right site for those trolls. But for people who do like reality tv and just want to talk about it, that's fine as long as we all remember the site's respectful treatment of fellow posters policies.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Well said, LG!

FORT Newbie
    If you look at my original post I clearly state that I am a big fan of reality TV...just disappointed by this show.

It wasn't directed toward you, tvfreaky, more of a general comment about people who profess to hate reality TV hanging around being all negative on our shows...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast