+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Show Causes Me Some Concerns!

This Show Causes Me Some Concerns!

As a general manager of a restaurant, I'm have concerns about this show. I'm concerned about how things will be portrayed through the wonderful world of editing. Does the chef have final say so before the show is aired? Do they have food service professionals doing the editing or advising on this show? Are they out to show how things really are? Silly me, this is reality TV! It doesn't have to be real at all! Think about having someone who doesn't know your job following you around all day with a camera to air on national TV what they perceive your career to be. All I can say is : It scares the hell out of me to think about the way my profession is going to showcased on *Reality TV*!

LG.
    welcome to the club, Unklescott! As an attorney, I've noticed that people think they know everything that there is to know about being a lawyer from watching CourtTv and Law & Order: Crime & Punishment, and even worse, not reality tv shows like Ally McBeal and The Practice. Of course they're wrong . . . but, it makes for entertaining tv. People would be bored into a stupor if there was a live feed from my office.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    welcome to the club, Unklescott! As an attorney, I've noticed that people think they know everything that there is to know about being a lawyer from watching CourtTv....
    So true, just look at Zach on PH.
    It's just when I see quotes like this already
    Then one of the waiters falls and injures himself, but management doesn't care.

The staff feels overworked, underpaid, under appreciated and abused. Mutiny is in the air, and Rocco doesn't have a clue as he dances with his Mama to an Italian folk song. .
    and the show hasn't even aired, I just know it's going to be a bunch of B.S.

But no pity party for me, look at what you have to go through!

LG.
    well, dancing with an Italian Mama is an all-encompassing experience, who can blame Rocco.

Do what I do, UnkleScott, just start yelling like a Jerry Springer guest and say: "You Don't Know ME! You Don't Know Anything About Me!" and then flash the audience. Um, ok, that doesn't really work. But it's all good. Reality tv shows don't have a whole lot of credibility. You can be the voice of reason here at the FORT for how restaurants are really operated.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Oh WTH, I guess it is just entertainment!
    *kicks soapbox over and walks away dejectedly*

FORT Fogey
    Aren't we doing a little too much conjecturing here?

Let's give this "Piece" a chance. After all it's the mighty Mark's production.
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 07-19-2003 at 01:15 AM.

Fade to black
    I worked as a head waiter in a five star restaurant for three years. I might have to check this out and see how "real" it really is. Oh, the stories I could tell. Behind the scenes at a restaurant would definitely make for good entertainment.

And Unkle, I know you're a gm and all - but there was sooooooo much our gm never saw. What happened after the restaurant closed was often a lot more interesting than what happened while it was open. I have a lot of stories. Maybe I'll flash back a little after watching an episode or two.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Aren't we doing a little too much conjecturing here?

Let's give this "Piece" a chance. After all it's the mighty Mark's production.
    It's a new day today and as I look back at what I wrote yesterday, yeah I was on a roll! It was a bad day at work, I was in a rotten mood, nasty customers, asst. mgrs with their heads stuck up their a**, then I see this and think *great, now I'll have customers say silly crap about seeing that show on TV and I know you're serving me spoiled food - everybody does it!*

Hazy, you're right there is a lot that goes on that I never see and the behind the scenes could prove quite interesting. I know the divorce rate of those in the business is quite high. The partying that goes on in this industry is something else.
    So Cali you are correct and being an old hippie I am always willing to listen to John Lennon and give "Piece" a chance!

LG.
    hey, let's all check it out, and then read CaliGirl's recap, where whatever glimmer of humanity the restaurant's management may have after the show can be ridiculed. Just kiddin.

so, pre-show I have three predictions:

1. The show will be entertaining (we hope)

2. The FORT recap will be funny (I'm certain)

3. The discussion about how "real" it is here at the FORT will be the highest quality of any such discussions in the internet reality TV website universe (I'm on an ego trip, but really, I think it will be)

So, dig in and Enjoy!

FORT Fogey
    You guys are the best!

I came here this morning expecting to be chastised for my optimistic outlook and instead I am reading these terrific posts!

There is hope for mankind and for "The Restaurant!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast