+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pete Giovine - Waiter

What little we saw of his set did not look good.

I think almost any subject can be touched upon in a set, as long as you do it in the right manner.

Pete's attempts were just embarassing and even if he'd had good material he was just so unpolished.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    What little we saw of his set did not look good.

I think almost any subject can be touched upon in a set, as long as you do it in the right manner.

Pete's attempts were just embarassing and even if he'd had good material he was just so unpolished.
    LOL the question is: how would he do in a Head to head with Dat Phan?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I think he would do very well against Dat...NOT!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    I think he would do very well against Dat...NOT!

I am a new yorker and I saw Pete's standup at some comedy contest I went to a few months ago and I have to admit he was good. The audience actually gave him a chance to do his material and he won. He did the entire bit about terrorist bombings and nobody got bent out of shape. His delivery didn't look as sharp on tv as it did when I saw him live though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynhere
    He did the entire bit about terrorist bombings and nobody got bent out of shape.
    Was the audience made up entirely of Al Qaeda members? It's crap material and there's just no humor in that. Pete is horrible.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Cool avatar, senrik.

Believe it or not, I was going to insert the following in my recap:
    "Pete made Dat Phan look like an original comic genius of stellar proportions," but I didn't want to muddy the already mucky waters.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    Was the audience made up entirely of Al Qaeda members? It's crap material and there's just no humor in that. Pete is horrible.
    It is pretty easy to judge an act from seeing a total of 12 seconds of it. All I can say was that it was a good joke it people let him get it off.

FORT Fogey
    A lot of damage can happen in 12 seconds. If a bunch of terrorist sympathizers find that material funny, they suck.

I support America.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    A lot of damage can happen in 12 seconds. If a bunch of terrorist sympathizers find that material funny, they suck.

I support America.

From what I remember, the jokes were about the idiocy of the mid-east bombings and those involved. Am I allowed to say "bombings" and "middle-east" or does that make me a anit-american-terrorist supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynhere
    It is pretty easy to judge an act from seeing a total of 12 seconds of it. All I can say was that it was a good joke it people let him get it off.

As an Oklahoman and American, I feel safe in saying that any joke that starts with "The cool thing about terrorism ... " just puts the speaker's sanity in question.
    mom2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast