+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pete Giovine - Waiter

FORT Fogey
    Pete's big jowly mouth annoys me nearly as much as his personality. Again, another person that seems to think being a waiter at Rocco's means he gets to be the Queen of Sheba. It involves work, man, not just standing around.

On top of that his customer skills are abhorrent and I hope he's the next to go.

shameless
    pete's site is up @
    http://www.petegiovine.com

FORT Newbie
    I was really really embarrassed for Pete tonight, during his "comedy" routine.

FORT Newbie

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveRocco
    I was really really embarrassed for Pete tonight, during his "comedy" routine.
    Three rules of comedy:
    1) Don't make fun of rape victims
    2) Don't make fun of disabled children
    3) Don't make fun of terrorism

What on earth was he thinking making a joke about terrorism in NYC? Moreover, if you do make a joke, it should be funny. I'd like to hear more of his material though; some of it may be funny.

How in the heck could this guy get up in front of a NY audience and talk about how "cool terrorist" are? It really is mind boggling. And his "Yo dog" and his arms folded/kicked back stance doesn't cut it. And trying to act like a "brother" doesn't cut it either. However, I like the guy and I hope he makes it in the "business."

FORT Newbie

Giovine's lack of Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Clark
    Three rules of comedy:
    1) Don't make fun of rape victims
    2) Don't make fun of disabled children
    3) Don't make fun of terrorism

What on earth was he thinking making a joke about terrorism in NYC? Moreover, if you do make a joke, it should be funny. I'd like to hear more of his material though; some of it may be funny.
    George Carlin has a bit about how rape can be funny : elmer fudd being raped by Porky Pig.

Terrorism is not something I would ever joke about in front of a crowd of new yorkers. They have to be the most sensitive, I am a but surprised he wasnt roughed up after the show.

As he explained he wasnt really prepared to go on, but his delivery is TERRIBLE. The material -- maybe, with a drunk/liberal crowd, but his stuff is unpolished and he deserved what he got.

I am curious to see some of his other material though

FORT addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    How in the heck could this guy get up in front of a NY audience and talk about how "cool terrorist" are? It really is mind boggling. And his "Yo dog" and his arms folded/kicked back stance doesn't cut it. And trying to act like a "brother" doesn't cut it either. However, I like the guy and I hope he makes it in the "business."
    i definetly agree with you. but i thought the "yo dog" thing was kind of funny because obviously hes making fun of people who do that, and that is something that really gets on my nerves. the whole "wanna-be-ghetto" act that a lot of people put on.
    <3 Greta

Pete should see the movie "Punchline" with Tom Hanks. Maybe he could learn something from the movie. Things about ones life and family can be funny. Like my family loves to yell when the someone gets a phone call. They all yell back and forth to one another and nobody gets the phone. This goes on for a good five minutes until they get tired of yelling. And then the phone rings again. "Get the phone!!! It's for you! HUH! Get the dog a BONE!? No, it's the phone, HUH!

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    i dont really like pete he comes off to me as thinking hes better than everyone but that could be editing

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    what did he think the reaction would be to 'you know the best part bout terrorist bombings..." give me a break!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast