+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito - The Chef

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    That "spellcheck" thing is getting a little annoying.
    Sorry, just trying to stay on top of things...sometimes I need a little help!

FORT Newbie

Gimme a break...

Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    OMG!!! Rocco is too cool to care what some lady from "The Post" has to say about him!!!

If anyone has worked in a really nice restaurant, they know the management are to the point, they say whatever's on their mind, that's just the biz.

C'mon, Rocco has 20 years of experience...let the degrees and awards do the talking...why does he have to cook and clean and wait tables??? He's the owner!
    Firstly, restaurant critics literally have the power to bankrupt even well-run restaurants with one bad review. Fortunately for Rocco, the chick from "The Post" wasn't a food critic, but was mostly just a entertainment/society columnist; her opinion is largely worthless. The "real" food critic, however, totally blasted the restaurant and the food! And you are right, Rocco doesn't have to cook. But as an Executive Chef (which is what he really is), if there is a problem, it is his job to fix it, and if the restaurant lacks anything, whether it be food quality or good service, the fault lies with his capacity to manage. He does not need to wait tables, but he must effectively gain trust and respect of his staff and he must be wise enough to hire people who will deliver what he wishes them to. It looks like Rocco needs to take Management 101.

Supopsedly this week was the doom and gloom week and Rocco comes out smelling like roses next week. It doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible waste of a great concept
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Newbie

He's good looking??

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish311
    I'm with MsTres when she says Rocco is gorgeous, he's fine as hell!!!!
    So was Ted Bundy, but I wouldn't have wanted to dine in his restaurant (if he had one) either.lol A good looking chef is of little use, since you can't dine on good looks.
    BTW, Eric Ripert, Chef of LE BERNARDIN is much better looking in my opinion, and his restaurant and food ratings in NYC are things that Rocco only dreams of. Rocco's nice looking, but his looks aren't noteworthy.

I do have a question though--what's the deal with all the kissing of his female waitstaff? If you didn't know he was from Queens, you'd think he grew up in Tuscany! Gimme a break! Rocco is more "Saturday Night Fever" than "The Godfather".

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Clark
    So was Ted Bundy, but I wouldn't have wanted to dine in his restaurant (if he had one) either.lol A good looking chef is of little use, since you can't dine on good looks.
    BTW, Eric Ripert, Chef of LE BERNARDIN is much better looking in my opinion, and his restaurant and food ratings in NYC are things that Rocco only dreams of. Rocco's nice looking, but his looks aren't noteworthy.

I do have a question though--what's the deal with all the kissing of his female waitstaff? If you didn't know he was from Queens, you'd think he grew up in Tuscany! Gimme a break! Rocco is more "Saturday Night Fever" than "The Godfather".
    Hi, ok, first of all, why are we comparing to Ted Bundy? Is there some kinda hang up for serial killers or something?

Anyway, I saw tonight's epi, taped it...and all I have to say, once again is, ROCCO, I LOVE YOU!!!! Keep doing what you're doing, baby!!! You're so sweet and so cute, and I don't care what anyone else says, you're an artist and a sweetheart!!

And, you're right, Mama does need a nap, make her take a break...I know she's strong and she knows what's going on, but everyone needs a break every once in a while!! *sweet smiles*

I hope this all makes sense, a few Coors will do that to a girl!!! :LOL, so loud!!!:

Come on you guys, no one was impressed when he was in the kitchen...I sure was...impressed that is!!!

FORT Regular
    PUNK< PUNK< PUNK

Rocco Dispirito represents ambition, sweetness, a baby face, a sense of humor, a boss, and an achiever!! Come and get me!!!!

He's really so much more, but the Coors have really taken' hold!!!

Something burning inside of me!!

Ok, did spellechck, gonna post mesage!!

FORT Newbie

Rocco!! What took ya so long???

Rocco,

I graduated from CIA in 1980 and am proud to be called an Italian/American Chef. My question to you is what took you sooo long to get in there and show everyone what you are made of? Do it more often and you will succeed big time ( I did) Rock On

I'm astonished at Rocco's insensitivity to his employees. He treats them like furniture and doesn't show the least bit of interest in their well-being until they threaten to quit. Then -- with the women at least -- he turns on the charm, which is more a manipulative ploy than a genuine appreciation. He hasn't figured out how to manipulate the men yet, so he lost his best waiter. All it would have taken to keep Topher would have been a sincere apology (not the fake one he gave last night) and actions to back up his words.
    As for the women going on about his looks (omigod he's so cuuuutttee), what does that have to do with anything? Check out the Paradise Hotel threads -- "hotness" is a big subject among that pubescent crowd.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    PUNK< PUNK< PUNK

Rocco Dispirito represents ambition, sweetness, a baby face, a sense of humor, a boss, and an achiever!! Come and get me!!!!

He's really so much more, but the Coors have really taken' hold!!!

Something burning inside of me!!

Ok, did spellechck, gonna post mesage!!
    Yes, please come and get her. Please, please, please. We at the Fort are begging you.

Now, now Maji. We shouldn't encourage him to "come get" a 14-year old.

+ Reply to Thread