+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 185

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito - The Chef

  1. #41
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    I now understand why Mstresmulder is such a HUGE fan of Rocco. Her understanding of business, her opinion of "management", and her view of what constitutes professional behavior, are all in synch with what Rocco portrayed for us this past Sunday.
    If she isn't already close to him (which seems likely), someone should hook these two up. They are either soulmates, or twins seperated at birth.

  2. #42
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by kwm99
    I now understand why Mstresmulder is such a HUGE fan of Rocco. Her understanding of business, her opinion of "management", and her view of what constitutes professional behavior, are all in synch with what Rocco portrayed for us this past Sunday.
    If she isn't already close to him (which seems likely), someone should hook these two up. They are either soulmates, or twins seperated at birth.
    How many restaurant do you own? Just curious??

    Can you please teach me something about management? HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA

  3. #43
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    How many restaurant do you own? Just curious??

    Can you please teach me something about management? HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA
    O.K., it's pretty obvious that you are too close to the participants to join in a discussion about the show, and it's characters. It would be fair for you to divulge your connection, and let us get on with this forum.
    I do not own any restaurants, but I spend thousands of dollars each year in them, and am acquainted with many people who do own them.
    You can add "HAHAHA"S", and "just kiddings" after every post, but it is pretty clear that your sense of humor is missing.
    This is a TV show.
    Rocco knew he was being filmed.
    Relax.
    P.S. You may want to check out the NYPosts review today.

  4. #44
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by kwm99
    O.K., it's pretty obvious that you are too close to the participants to join in a discussion about the show, and it's characters. It would be fair for you to divulge your connection, and let us get on with this forum.
    I do not own any restaurants, but I spend thousands of dollars each year in them, and am acquainted with many people who do own them.
    You can add "HAHAHA"S", and "just kiddings" after every post, but it is pretty clear that your sense of humor is missing.
    This is a TV show.
    Rocco knew he was being filmed.
    Relax.
    P.S. You may want to check out the NYPosts review today.
    Hi, it's me again, how have you been?

    Anyway, I am not affiliated w/ anyone from the show, but I have WORKED in many fine dining establishments, I have seen the 'behind the scenes', I have been in situations very similar to what the staff at Rocco's was going through...

    Please don't assume that just because I have respect for Rocco and don't think he (or his mother for that matter) is a complete ass, doesn't mean that I am somehow connected to him personally, K?

    Also, all I was trying to say was that if I studied cuisine for 20 years, and already had a successful restaurant, and a TV show, and awards, and prestige, you're damn skippy I wouldn't be bussing tables and serving drinks, hell no!!!

    No, it's not fair, it's not necessarily right, however, that's the way the world turns. Don't get mad at me, I didn't make the rules, and I don't follow them either, but I know they exist.

    And I am dead serious.
    Last edited by MsTresMulder; 08-06-2003 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #45
    FORT Regular marvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder

    Also, all I was trying to say was that if I studied cuisine for 20 years, and already had a successful restaurant, and a TV show, and awards, and prestige, you're damn skippy I wouldn't be bussing tables and serving drinks, hell no!!!

    No, it's not fair, it's not necessarily right, however, that's the way the world turns. Don't get mad at me, I didn't make the rules, and I don't follow them either, but I know they exist.

    And I am dead serious.

    Nobody's asking Rocco to bus tables and serve drinks. That's not his job. His job is a chef. He is the owner of the restaurant because he is a chef. He wears that white coat every episode, because he is a chef. Chefs are supposed to cook. WE don't expect him to chop veggies, but his presence in the kitchen would be appreciated. I don't see how that is "not fair."

  6. #46
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    Nobody's asking Rocco to bus tables and serve drinks. That's not his job. His job is a chef. He is the owner of the restaurant because he is a chef. He wears that white coat every episode, because he is a chef. Chefs are supposed to cook. WE don't expect him to chop veggies, but his presence in the kitchen would be appreciated. I don't see how that is "not fair."
    Very good point!

  7. #47
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    Nobody's asking Rocco to bus tables and serve drinks. That's not his job. His job is a chef. He is the owner of the restaurant because he is a chef. He wears that white coat every episode, because he is a chef. Chefs are supposed to cook. WE don't expect him to chop veggies, but his presence in the kitchen would be appreciated. I don't see how that is "not fair."
    On the first show he did jump in and kicked some a** expediting right before the fire in the kitchen. It just seems to me he should have kicked his kitchen manager's butt way before then to get his line cooks moving!

  8. #48
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    141
    "'a boss shouldn't work', but your're also offended by the fact that the successful ones don't work????"

    do you comprehend that each restaurant is individual???? he might have 10 successful ones, does that mean that #11 shouldnt require the same care and attention??? unless he brought over the same staff and managers, its not the same as having other successful restaurants.

    my problem with you, hun, is that you act as if you know the business and you obviously dont. it offends those of us who have been in the business for years and know what it really takes, to hear someone, who obviously knows NOTHING about it, "explaining" it to us. my husband is also in the process of opening up a restaurant franchise this september. i should show him this post (if he had any free time i actually would). I know what he would say anyway...he would start at the extreme basics because thats what you need to understand first and foremost and that is what you dont understand...the BASICS.

    "Also, all I was trying to say was that if I studied cuisine for 20 years, and already had a successful restaurant, and a TV show, and awards, and prestige, you're damn skippy I wouldn't be bussing tables and serving drinks, hell no!!!"

    if you wanted to open a restaurant, and thats what it took for it to succeed, you would.

    i just have one question...is he really NOT the owner???? i thought he was at least a partner.

  9. #49
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,424
    Oh, cut the man a break. It's hard to cook food and chop veggies when you are being felt up by customers and are offending your "F-up" staff.

    :: insert multitudes of rolling eyeballs here ::
    ~*~ Maji *~

  10. #50
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    I have to say I find Rocco to be severly lacking in social skills.
    Obviously I'm only going by what I've seen on the show, but the way he handled to food critic was cringeworthy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.