+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito - The Chef

FORT Newbie
    I'm smelling an insider.
    Can we all say DAMAGE CONTROL?
    I can't wait for next weeks episode...Maybe Bobby Flay will make a cameo appearance!

Well, I finally just watched the episode. Rocco MAY be a good chef (although I've never seen him cook anything except Skittles and pureed ring-ding), but as a businessman, he totally blows.

He's busy schmoozing while completely oblivious to everything around him, insults and blows off his staff at every turn, and constantly looks at his watch, rolls his eyes, answers cell-phone calls when they try to talk to him seriously.

Come on, seriously, one of his employees is voicing her concerns, and he's more concerned that she'll "make a scene" than anything else.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    What John said. Double on the oblivious.

FORT Regular
    Thank you, srfcty12, you have nice night also!!!

And, I don't even wanna go there on the 'what has Rocco done to you' thang, because...well...I can dream, and I do, and I do...; - )

FORT Regular
    "MsTresMulder, are you his girlfriend, publicist, or maybe Mama using a pseudonym? "

i actually think it is rocco himself

actually...bosses do work.
    good ones anyway.
    they certainly dont let all hell break loose around them and just sit on their asses. i am talking from personal experience. family restaurant and also my husband is a "boss." actually THE boss and he works his ass off. not only that but his employees LOVE LOVE LOVE him. one of them told me, "when T goes away on business, i feel like an orphan." (may i add that he has no college degree but i'd bet that he makes at least as much as rocco without relying on his looks.)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eve24
    "MsTresMulder, are you his girlfriend, publicist, or maybe Mama using a pseudonym? "

i actually think it is rocco himself

actually...bosses do work.
    good ones anyway.
    they certainly dont let all hell break loose around them and just sit on their asses. i am talking from personal experience. family restaurant and also my husband is a "boss." actually THE boss and he works his ass off. not only that but his employees LOVE LOVE LOVE him. one of them told me, "when T goes away on business, i feel like an orphan." (may i add that he has no college degree but i'd bet that he makes at least as much as rocco without relying on his looks.)

And, I have had a few very successful bosses, and they never do anything, really. They just dress up in pretty, navy suits and play with executive golf sets in their offices.

Listen, we have no idea what Rocco went through to open this restaurant. I am guessing: the menu, the design, location, theme of the rest?...I am sure the list could go on and on.

And, honestly, good for your husband, you have every right to brag about him. He is the exception and not the rule though, unfortunately. ; - )

A boss begins a business, employees work the business, that's just how it goes...
    Last edited by JR.; 08-06-2003 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    A boss begins a business, employees work the business, that's just how it goes...
    Would you please share with us what type of employment you have as this might help to explain your concept of a boss. My view of a boss is someone who leads by example, knows how to motivate their employees, knows the jobs the employees are supposed to be doing so in effect can determine if the business is operating in the most cost effective efficient manner possible to maximize profits, aid and assist said employees in performing their job functions in an atmosphere that enables them to grow personally and professionally.

FORT Regular
    "A boss begins a business, employees work the business, that's just how it goes..."

"And, I have had a few very successful bosses, and they never do anything, really. They just dress up in pretty, navy suits and play with executive golf sets in their offices"

this just proves your ignorance regarding business.

can you comprehend that without owners NO ONE WOULD HAVE A JOB????? if my husband didnt bust his ass then 60 people under him wouldnt have such great jobs. and you better damn well bet that after all this crap he goes through he wont be wanting to do all the legwork s*** forever. thats the whole point. a good boss shouldnt work. he/she should be smart enough to hire competent experienced people. do you honestly think your bosses did nothing to earn them being able to play golf and own expensive suits???? really???? my husband doesnt see himself as a success until he isnt needed at work anymore.

and no employee takes the risks that an owner takes. NO ONE. they put down the money and they have 100 percent responsibility. if the business fails, the employee finds another job, the owner is royally screwed. they still have to pay the loans. they are still out the money down.

i have no problem with rocco hanging out in his restaurant while everyone else works. but at least he could iron out the kinks first, he doesnt have to do it the first week. i guarantee you that isnt normal. maybe he was just trying to look slick in front of the cameras but he looked more like a jackass flirting with ugly women while the place practically crumbled around him.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eve25
    "A boss begins a business, employees work the business, that's just how it goes..."

"And, I have had a few very successful bosses, and they never do anything, really. They just dress up in pretty, navy suits and play with executive golf sets in their offices"

can you comprehend that without owners NO ONE WOULD HAVE A JOB????? if my husband didnt bust his ass then 60 people under him wouldnt have such great jobs. and you better damn well bet that after all this crap he goes through he wont be wanting to do all the legwork s*** forever. thats the whole point. a good boss shouldnt work. he/she should be smart enough to hire competent experienced people. do you honestly think your bosses did nothing to earn them being able to play golf and own expensive suits???? really???? my husband doesnt see himself as a success until he isnt needed at work anymore.

and no employee takes the risks that an owner takes. NO ONE. they put down the money and they have 100 percent responsibility. if the business fails, the employee finds another job, the owner is royally screwed. they still have to pay the loans. they are still out the money down.

i have no problem with rocco hanging out in his restaurant while everyone else works. but at least he could iron out the kinks first, he doesnt have to do it the first week. i guarantee you that isnt normal. maybe he was just trying to look slick in front of the cameras but he looked more like a jackass flirting with ugly women while the place practically crumbled around him.
    Point Taken execpt for one thing Rocco didn't lay down a dime. Also he's not just the boss he is the CHEF

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eve25

Good Morning, how are you, everything ok? Good...

Since you quoted me I thought it was important that you understand the very first words...a boss begins a biz, now, I could go into detail. That was my whole point, the boss struggles (most of the time), with all of the details and legwork in the beginning, and when the business gets to running smoothly and the money comes rolling in...then they just sit back and let it roll. They hire other people to work for their successful company...understand what I was saying?

I think we are coming from the same place, but somewhere you took offense to something?

That was my point. This is not Rocco's first restaurant! He's not a struggling businessman, he's past that point, he's successful!

And I don't understand your point of view. You say, 'a boss shouldn't work', but your're also offended by the fact that the successful ones don't work????

+ Reply to Thread