+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito - The Chef

FORT Newbie

Hi, what's up with These Chefs such as Rocco who Has Breakdowns and Yells at his Chef

Hi, I've noticed on some of these restaurant shows or even "The Restaurant" that some of the Chefs seem to have breakdowns and yell at the beginning Chefs or Chefs. Is this how most Chefs act in that they yell at those below them and are mean? What's up with that? I mean don't you think Chefs that yell at others are immature and can't hold in their anger? What do you think?

Why do they have to have such an immature fit and yell at others? What's up with that? I wouldn't want to give money to these restaurants in which the Chefs are so mentally abusive and yell at others in such a cruel manner.

Thanks.

There will also be a one week reality show re: another chef and his resturant on the Food Network.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    There will also be a one week reality show re: another chef and his resturant on the Food Network.
    Any idea when this will be on?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Any idea when this will be on?
    It started last night, and continues until Friday. It's called "Jamie's Kitchen" with Jamie Oliver. The show is on The Food Network at 10:00 PM EDT, plus it repeats later in the evening. I understand there will be a marathon run of all five episodes in a week or two. Check the listings for The Food Network for more information.
    I watched the first show last night, and enjoyed it, but then I also enjoy Jamie's regular show on The Food Network, "Oliver's Twist".

Jamie's Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    It started last night, and continues until Friday. It's called "Jamie's Kitchen" with Jamie Oliver. The show is on The Food Network at 10:00 PM EDT, plus it repeats later in the evening. I understand there will be a marathon run of all five episodes in a week or two. Check the listings for The Food Network for more information.
    I watched the first show last night, and enjoyed it, but then I also enjoy Jamie's regular show on The Food Network, "Oliver's Twist".

Jamies kitchen is on every night this week on FoodTv and 5 hours on Sunday. CAN'T WAIT!!

Whoa, so people are finally comparing Rocco to my Thom over here? And the second that happens, the forum is all but abandoned..lol

Yes, Rocco is a jackass. The least he can do as a manager and owner is to get on his management's cases about problems, rather than just ignoring them until they become so big he goes into offensive tizzy fits.

To correct every member of the waitstaff when a competent manager could have done it is just stupid, and blaming employees in front of customers was hella-tacky.

But in the end for me, jackass or not, he is a very attractive one. And what is reality tv about? eye candy...entertainment...contro versy. This show had it all.

I'm just amazed it came off as cleanly as it did. I'm sure that if half of the restaurants in my neighborhood were broadcast behind the scenes on national television, the health department would immediately shut them down, half of Chicago would come down with dry heaves, and the boss's wife would file for divorce, and those are just the decent restaurants.
    Last edited by elysive; 10-27-2003 at 02:37 AM. Reason: a geode is not a verb :)

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Rocco you fakeah eetaleeahn baistard! -Caroline... that was funny cuz Caroline was more Italian that Rocco lol

Hopefully she can still get a job. Good luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
    I am astonished at Rocco's lack of respect for his employees. He is just begging for a large lawsuit. And what was the deal with the smart ass remarks he was making towards the NY Post food critic. Some of the things he was saying to her could have been classified as sexual harrasment.
    Talk about an ego-maniac. I was a fan of Bobby Flay, up until the time he was on Iron Chef. Then he was very unprofessional and egotistical. I know that most chefs have a little bit of ego about them, but geez! Then on his other show Food Nation. I have noticed that he talks differently to home cooks than he does to professionals.
    I just don't like him anymore.
    As for Rocco. I like him, but I think he needs to make sure that all his ducks are in a row. Go down in the kitchen and make sure everything is ready there. Do some of the cooking. One of the best night he had on the show, he was down in the cooking.
    And I don't know if it was just creative editing, but the people they selected sure were a bunch of petty, sniping, whiners.
    I think Rocc was trying too hard to please everyone (employees). I was kind of upset when he talked down about Topher in front of the guests. But I think he needs to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by n8lhf
    As for Rocco. I like him, but I think he needs to make sure that all his ducks are in a row. Go down in the kitchen and make sure everything is ready there. Do some of the cooking. One of the best night he had on the show, he was down in the cooking.
    And I don't know if it was just creative editing, but the people they selected sure were a bunch of petty, sniping, whiners.
    I think Rocc was trying too hard to please everyone (employees). I was kind of upset when he talked down about Topher in front of the guests. But I think he needs to learn.
    Agreed and n8lhf

+ Reply to Thread