+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito - The Chef

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ngifto
    hey! thats cool hope you have a good time! i want to go too one day, seems like it would be fun.
    I think you should hook up with roccolover and go to the restaurant together.

I bet Rocco would slide in next to you and treat you right. Just be sure to come back here and tell us all about it.

FORT Newbie
    LOL
    I was around the area of where Rocco's is in Manhattan so I decided to go and look at it from the outside I noe it sounds stupid but it looks pretty I am going to go there in a couple of days (hope i see rocco)

FORT addict
    Is it just me or does Rocco sorta look like Thom from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?
    <3 Greta

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessdevotion
    Is it just me or does Rocco sorta look like Thom from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?
    It isn't just you, because I saw that same comparison in some magazine. Personally, I think he looks so much like Halle Eisenberg (the little curly haired Pepsi girl) in a lot of pictures that I've almost started to wonder if he could possibly be her father.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    It isn't just you, because I saw that same comparison in some magazine. Personally, I think he looks so much like Halle Eisenberg (the little curly haired Pepsi girl) in a lot of pictures that I've almost started to wonder if he could possibly be her father.
    Too funny daysee8
    I wouldnt be surprised either
    I knew he looked like someone but i couldnt figure out who

FORT Newbie
    I have a really dumb question
    I know it sounds stupid but exactly but how tall is Rocco
    He keeps bending down to talk and listen to people, maybe its a bad habit or hes like 6'6" or something
    Its been bugs me verytime i see him

FORT Newbie

the restaurant

just gotta say that the show is enjoyable to watch...but is it just me or does Rocco seem like a genuine a**hole. Maybe all those celeb chefs are like him. hmmmm. Something to think about.
    Last edited by John; 10-01-2003 at 09:22 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mastachef
    just gotta say that the show is enjoyable to watch...but is it just me or does Rocco seem like a genuine a**hole. Maybe all those celeb chefs are like him. hmmmm. Something to think about.
    There are certainly times in the show that I think he comes across as an asshole. But IMO, the people he seems to be an ass towards are people who come across as either slackers or complainers to me. The people on the show who come across as hard workers who recognize there is a time to complain, and a time to work hard whether you agree with what you're doing or not don't seem to pull out the ass in Rocco. So is he an ass in general, or is he just intolerant of slackers?

Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    There are certainly times in the show that I think he comes across as an asshole. But IMO, the people he seems to be an ass towards are people who come across as either slackers or complainers to me. The people on the show who come across as hard workers who recognize there is a time to complain, and a time to work hard whether you agree with what you're doing or not don't seem to pull out the ass in Rocco. So is he an ass in general, or is he just intolerant of slackers?
    I agree with you. Also, it's not just a job that he has to worry about, it's the rep., the customers, the employees, investor, and his future.

FORT Newbie

Rocco Is An Embarrassment To The Culinary Arts

I was so excited to see this new reality show. We are in this industry and thought it would be a great idea. The problem right off though was this idiot Rocko. Ugh, what a dolt. He was cute until his personality started showing then the show was truly embarrassing.
    The one thing that may have got him to the point of the tv show may have been his chef skills. But putting those skills down and trying on the restaurant owner hat is a completely different matter. I was dismayed at what little interest he showed for cooking at all. He barely went into the kitchen except to bit*h. I would think a true lover of the culinary arts would truly being overseeing the food. Especially if his name's on every meal.

He has no business sense and no people skills. He may have strong backers money wise, but that doesn't make a restaurant work.

The way he talks to people is amazing. I'm surprised he hasn't been slapped by a woman patron yet. I was sickened when he was sitting with that woman and said "I think I'm getting aroused"...and then he giggles. What the F*&K! What a stupid thing to say to a customer. Not only was that sexist, it was just plain crass. He's cute, but not that cute. I'd lose my lunch if he said that to me in his place. What a dork.

It went off the air so fast I thought it got canned. I'm not surprised the next 6 shows are with a different chef...he's a loser. Just cause you're a chef and just cause you're kind of cute and just cause you went to CIA doesn't mean you can be successful at anything....and especially be on tv for it. DUH
    Last edited by budosky; 10-09-2003 at 08:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread