+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I agree with you others on Jay McGraw. He isn't a construction expert so what does he know? I would love to see a forman tell him to take a hike. Actually he isn't a psychologist either I don't think. I read that he took his bar exams recently.
    The house is just right for this family. I liked the other family a lot but thought their house was a little over the top. This one seems near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    I always have closed captions on. The kid says ai yai yai

Wow this family looks great. I am so happy for them.
    Thank God somebody cleared that up. It was driving me nuts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I agree with you others on Jay McGraw. He isn't a construction expert so what does he know? I would love to see a forman tell him to take a hike. Actually he isn't a psychologist either I don't think. I read that he took his bar exams recently.
    The house is just right for this family. I liked the other family a lot but thought their house was a little over the top. This one seems near perfect.
    He's being presented as some sort of Phil Jr. but he sure doesn't handle problems very well. Dad would be ashamed of him.

In regards to Jay 'Quick Draw' McGraw ('Quick Draw' sounds better than 'Dr Phils son')...

The whole "Let me check out whats done...not done...not done...not done" is getting really old. Didn't he do the EXACT same thing last week?

Reality TV moment: The Shrinks-son, an interior decorator, 3 dum models and a construction guy are arguing..... oh wait that sounds like the setup for a joke.

Seriously, Jay was there to 'motivate' the crew. Last time I checked, construction motivation 101, is not offered in the whole pop-psychology program from the University of Dinjabringabeeralong.

If only they had someone who knew how to build houses AND how to motivate people.

The might call someone like that... oh don't know... thinking out loud here...a General Contractor... a Foreman. Gee I wonder where you can find someone like that? (Hint: look in the pool)

Speaking of the pool, I had never seen anything like that before.

Am I the only one who noticed how narrow that pool apron appeared? When Steve rolled out of his room I expected him to keep rolling another couple of feet, then splash.
    Do we think that in real life situations the contractor would tell Jay to get lost? He seems to be trying to be unlikeable. It's working for me.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I think the house was beautiful, and everyone loved it. The makeovers were great, glad Steven will be able to function more on his own and feel better about himself. Loved the girls rooms, and the kitchen was gorgeous.

next episodes family should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    I think the house was beautiful, and everyone loved it. The makeovers were great, glad Steven will be able to function more on his own and feel better about himself. Loved the girls rooms, and the kitchen was gorgeous.

next episodes family should be interesting!
    Well Morticia and the gang look real down to earth don't you think? I will be glued to my chair to see what the team comes up with for these "unique" folks. I wonder if the skulls stay or go.

Did anyone count how many times this family said "Oh mei gaid! Oh mei gaid!" It was so cute!

What a beautiful home! I cried through the entire reveal (as I usually do). The kids were adorable, the wife looked like a movie star, and the husband had a heart of gold. I pray he can stop his horrific smoking habit. I'm so thrilled for them all.

Jay has his moments where he seems very professional and is quite charming, yet it still feels a bit forced and staged. I'm sure with time he'll improve.

I love the part where they have the screen of the old house blocking the new house. That's SOOO cool! But those triplets still give me the creeps, and it's laughable to think they're actually manually helping in any way.

Next week is funkyyyy! What a family, huh? Should be very interesting. Their house was disturbing!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Bah!!

I wish there was a way to know when the show is on a different day then what is noted in the forum titles. (other than the obvious read the threads you moron)..

I missed the finale! So is tonight another round with another family?
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

This house looked to be well thought out. I noticed the designers included a work shop with the boy in mind. That was a nice touch. It will help bring the son and father back together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast