+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 9/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    And as for the Dahm nudey triplets: :phhht famewh*res.
    Damn. And I was hoping they were the non-fame kind.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yup, whomever said why not use the cameras as security is right on. WHy they didn't do that is beyond me.

Coming to think of it, I don't understand why their needs weren't taken more into consideration- their needs meaning their kind of income- they could have easily cut down the square footage and all those extra accessories that are going to run up their electricity bills. It's a bit too much for the Biggins, if you ask me. Reality will set in, eventually.

I wonder whatever happened with that $50k. Nothing was said of it.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Some how I have the feeling that the Biggins, as popular as they are ,will be back somewhere on someones reality or talk show. I don't see them running into a financial bind regarding the upkeep of the house ;someone is advising them about how to conserve energy in addition to their money management plus I would imagine their appliances are of the energy saving kind.

I'm sure they will have no problem payng their bills.

[QUOTE=EVOO] Reality will set in, eventually.

How true! Haha
    Terri

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    I don't see them running into a financial bind regarding the upkeep of the house ;someone is advising them about how to conserve energy in addition to their money management plus I would imagine their appliances are of the energy saving kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    I'm sure they will have no problem payng their bills.
    [Dave Mordal mode on]Yes. Because electricity is magic! It comes from Magic Beans![/Dave Mordal mode off]

Realistically, in the short term I'm sure they are okay. But in the long term? Plasma TVs by the dozen use electricity. The square footage of their house (and they live in a HOT climate) requires a lot of air conditioning. And I'm sure there are about a hundred other devices using electricity we DIDN'T see. So the fact that their Washer and Dryer might be somewhat energy saving probably isn't going to make up for all of that.

Think of other incidentals--light bulbs, for one (probably expensive ones--flood bulbs or something). There are surely dozens of other items like this. It probably all adds up over years.

Then add whatever taxes are assessed right off against the improvements, higher property taxes, etc. I'm sure its all something of a mess financially.

Then again, maybe if you appear on ENOUGH Reality shows you become a local celebrity or something, and people hire you to appear at birthday parties or something.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-05-2004 at 09:54 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread