+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I missed the beginning of the show, what did they say about the $50K that the Biggins' family got from "Trading Spouses" that was supposed to go toward paying for a new house and electronics and games for the kids? Does Fox take the money back and put it towards the ungodly amount they spent on this mansion for them or do they get to keep it, and if so don't they HAVE to spend it on what Tammy told them to and how do they do that NOW?

Even if they got paid "rent" they still have to pay taxes on that "rental income" and taxes on the $50K they "won" and all the stuff in the house and the house they got. The gift taxes on all that stuff alone would be incredible by themselves before any property taxes even take effect. By the way, will their neighbors now have to pay higher property taxes since the addition of this Taj Mahal has now raised their property values in the tax assessor's eyes?

Yes, those are the Dahm Triplets, they are Playboy and other nude-type things models and I had no idea they were also very into contruction, wow, you never know.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    As mentioned in a few other posts, there are some serious bills to be paid. Are they going to be able to afford this on a monthly basis? Let's see:

A/C for a 3200 square foot home, plus A/C for the dog.
    Electricity - 110" projection TV / 10 regular TV's / music amplifier
    Satellite Dish and Cable
    Water - Supersized cool bath tub being used nightly & hair washing tub being used by every girl in the neighborhood
    Property Taxes
    Homeowners Insurance
    General utilities for 3200 square foot home
    Monthly alarm fee's (there was an alarm on that home, wasn't there?)

Plus - who's going to keep that 3200 sqaure foot home clean?!?

Hope they still love it when reality hits. Summertime in Dallas will bring a pricey bill from the utility man...
    Exactly. I think that unless this is somehow already paid behind the scenes, it would be cruel to "give" them this house if they are not going to be able to afford all that goes with it, and eventually have to sell it. Especially with Mela now going to school to be a nurse, so she won't be able to work tons of hours.

And as for the Dahm nudey triplets: :phhht famewh*res.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I also wonder how they're going to manage to pay for all the extra bills as mentioned. I do wish them luck, the house is just incredible and hope they'll be happy.

Although I really like shows like this & EM-HE... I just have to wonder if these shows aren't getting to be a bit over the top?! I know there are a LOT of people who live in much worse conditions than the Biggins did... people who don't even own a house... or people who can't even afford cable tv or a computer. It somehow seems obscene to be spending that much money on one house, when there are so many people in need. Sigghhh... but I guess life isn't fair... it's always been like that - some people have too much and others don't have enough!

The whole thing was very nice but like you all I wonder what happens when reality sets in. Maybe I'm nuts but I would be furious if someone bulldozed my place and started over. Add a room if you like and do some redecorating but please don't leave me in a totally strange place with bills I will never be able to pay. When I saw that spa tub I had to think that Mela sure will be hitting one of the kids rooms to bathe. How much HOT water would it take to use that thing daily?
    I hope they like it because there is no way that they could ever sell it for what it's worth. They way over built for the neighborhood. I'm also wondering if the neighbors won't be terribly envious. I would be.
    I really liked this family but feel that they've been had.

I agree with everyone that they will have a hard time paying insurance, taxes (although, those may not rise much), bills, etc on this house.

However, they could rent it out or sell it. I'd buy it, if the price was right.

They better have a damn good security system (never mentioned one) because that is in about as rough of a neighborhood as there is in Dallas. It's a neighborhood commonly called Oak Cliff (all though this is technically not part of the original Oak Cliff) and is very close to Pleasant Grove, which is the roughest area of Dallas.

If they don't have good security, that house will be robbed, and robbed, and robbed again. What was up with the multiple cameras pointed towards the kitchen so you can "have your own kitchen show". How about use those cameras as security cameras? Perhaps they could be pointed OUTSIDE! That was the most worthless thing I have ever seen on shows like these.

(and I've seen some bad ideas on Pimp My Ride..like TVs that come up so people driving in cars behind you can watch TV, and TVs in the trunk so you can stand behind your vehicle and play PS2)

Those triplets could come by and tear my place anytime....well if I actually owned a house.....( apartment living and paying rent sucks)

Yeah, I would imagine they will need an alarm system because so many people will be intersted in going by their new home now that they've been featured on television.
    Man that dog house looks better then my dive apartment that's for sure , heck I know how to fetch and i can bark and chew up a hair piece.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    The Biggens are so ghetto.

Quotes of the night:

"The word clinic concerns me."
    "We fat, We know we fat."
    "Uh oh. I ain't got no house no 'mo."

I'm glad they moved on up. They'll be alright.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    They better have a damn good security system (never mentioned one) because that is in about as rough of a neighborhood as there is in Dallas. It's a neighborhood commonly called Oak Cliff (all though this is technically not part of the original Oak Cliff) and is very close to Pleasant Grove, which is the roughest area of Dallas.

If they don't have good security, that house will be robbed, and robbed, and robbed again.
    Yes, they have a security system and it was mentioned on the show. You must have missed that.

Dang where's Tammy? We could use some positivism in this thread.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

The boys rooms were really nice. I especially liked the mural of the musicians on the wall. The girls room/beauty shop was a little over the top. I'll just bet the people in that neighborhood who do hair for a living are loving that. I thought the girl was going to preach a revival there for a minute.

+ Reply to Thread