+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 @ 8 pm Renovate My Family--The Biggins Family

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

9/1 @ 8 pm Renovate My Family--The Biggins Family

OK. So, if anyone has noticed..there is going to be a new show where the family gets a new home, new stuff, etc..
    The previews have shown the Biggin's family home being demolished and a huge, brand new home erected in it's place. Almost like "Extreme Home Makeover"..but I'm sure there are tons of differences.

The show is scheduled to air September 1st @ 8 p.m. (ET)

Here is how Tammy allotted the $50K to be used for the family:

$20,000 to pay off bills; $22,000 for a down payment on a new home; $3,000 for the parents; $500 for each kid; $750 for Mela & Anthony to spend only on themselves. This must include a day at the spa for Mela and a trip to Anthony's favorite electronics store. The rest is for them to use as they please.

Which leads up to my question. Are they bound by the agreement/contract from Trading Spouses to use that money strictly as a down payment for the new home? What happens to that $22K now that a new show is building a new house for them? I can't imagine them having to use that money towards the new house that Renovate my Family is obviously paying for.

Enquiring minds want to know.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    It's like deja vu all over again!

Have the airwaves become so glutted with reality show celebrities that they are now RECYCLING contestants? I'm convinced this may be one of the signs of the Second Coming of Milton Berle (lame and esoteric Biblical reference to the early days of television).

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    They couldn't do this for another family? One that didn't just appear on a reality tv show, let alone win a cash prize on one?
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Oh yea, forgot to rant about that too ..I totally agree!
    Whyyyyy they would even THINK of re-using a previous reality family is way beyond me. Buncha crap actually.

:rolleyes

I was wondering the same thing myself... Would that 22K be used to rebuild this house?? Good question, but I do plan on watching the show to see what their new home looks like.

I like the Bigginses, but enough's enough.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Makes you wonder if there's really such a shortage of people who are willing to pimp themselves to appear on TV!?!

I saw the commercial for this show. I don't understand why they are going to make over their cars. They have two nice cars; a newer model Nissan Altima and a Camero. (Or something similiar)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Makes you wonder if there's really such a shortage of people who are willing to pimp themselves to appear on TV!?!

Man, I'd pimp myself out on television for a cream filled doughnut.

I imagine that the Biggins were such a hit on Trading Spouses that the producers couldn't pass this famiily up. Bottom line: it's all about the Benjimins baby.
    Truth be told If I had the chance to go through what the Biggins did I'd do it in a heart beat because .....well, I have no shame and all in all it's a win - win situation.

I would do it too! Even if I was on a DOZEN reality shows...if they offered this show to me, I'd blaze a path to the contract signing.

I just don't get why the producers do that. Why not get another family? Also, what I REALLY want to know.. where is that $22K that's suppose to go toward a new home, where is it going now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast