+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI 2/28 Recap: The 70ís Were Not Good to Some

AI 2/28 Recap: The 70ís Were Not Good to Some

Welcome back everyone. We are down to the top 20, soon to be top 16. Sadly, Iím not really sad that we are losing people left and right. I kind of miss the old way of picking the top Idols. Now I feel like its really long and I seem to lose interest quickly. There was boyís night, then there was girlís night, and I canít even tell you any of their names. All I know is that if I have to hear about the Dog Pound one more time, Iím going to go insane. Really, that is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I believe it was done in the early 90ís and it wasnít even cool then. Last week I promised you a four sentence recap but sadly, Iíve already gone past that. Letís all sit back, get comfortably drunk, and try and enjoy the most boring hour on television.

What Do You Want to Do With Your Life?

To kick the show off we get to hear the songs of the 70ís. The boys are up first again in the group sing, which Iím kind of enjoying. I particularly like the guy wearing the tuxedo shirt; that is quite the look. Whoa, the girls are in the house, they are hanging out on the balcony. Everyone is dressed casual tonight and I kind of like it better than the dressy look from last week. Overall, I like the group sings and hope they continue to do them every week. They are the one thing I look forward to on the elimination show.

Yeager? That Sounds Like a Decent Idea!

After the commercial, we get right to business with a montage of Tuesday night. That means a boy is going to be eliminated first for all you people more than comfortably drunk. Ryan makes small talk with them and they all seem kind of nervous. I wonder why? Ryan tells the back row to stand up, they all have lights in their eyes and are put under pressure. Jason is sporting what seems to be a denim vest and I just shake my head at his poor clothing choice. Jason Yeager is told he is eliminated and he makes his way to the middle of the stage. He is rocking, or not, a little skunk look with his hair. I donít care for it. He sings, he exits stage left, and we all have about 45 minutes to go. Letís all do a shot.

I Donít Really Feel Bad Ending It this Way

Itís time for the ladies to shine and then one to do the walk of shame off the stage. We jump right into the Wednesday night montage. Iím still underwhelmed at the performances. The back row of the ladies is also instructed to stand. Ryan starts telling them to sit and until he gets to Alexandrea Lushington, she is out. Randy doesnít think she should be out tonight. Paula has some slurred words for her and Ryan just keeps talking. She sings her song, some people cry, and I splash water on my face to wake myself up.

A Crying Shame
    We are back to the ladies again. They just donít get a break tonight. The front row is instructed to stand and told that one of them will be leaving tonight. Alaina Whitaker is out tonight and I honestly have no clue who she is until the song she sang last night is announced. I knew last night, anyone who sings a song from a musical is usually out. After her elimination is announced she starts bawling and yells out that she canít sing. I feel really bad for her right now and Iím a little surprised she is the first to have this kind of reaction. Itís kind of torturous to make the eliminated contestants sing. I will do a shot in her honor. Cheers!

Last Cut is the Deepest
    We are finally nearing the end of the show and we only have one more elimination to go. The boys are all sitting looking nervous ready to find out who is out. The front row is asked to stand and the boys all do this weird stare at the ceiling thing. Luke and Robbie are called to the center of the stage. Ryan goes over the judges remarks for them and Robbie Carrico is out. Iím really disappointed; he was an early favorite of mine. Granted, I never picked up my phone to vote so I canít really complain but I am going to whine about it a little. Well, my alcohol buzz is starting to wear off and itís just in time for Robbieís final performance on Idol.

Next Week

Make sure to join us next week when we find out who the Top 12 are. Also, come prepared to drink because next weekend is going to be the epitome of torture. Maybe I will spring for a keg for us all to share to get us through the spectacle.

If you think a keg of PBR is a sensible choice for Idol viewing, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 03-07-2008 at 09:20 AM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: AI 2/28 Recap: The 70ís Were Not Good to Some

"Next Week
    Make sure to join us next week when we find out who the Top 12 are. Also, come prepared to drink because next weekend is going to be the epitome of torture. Maybe I will spring for a keg for us all to share to get us through the spectacle."

now here i thought we were gonna have a fort drinking game..

Nice recap!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Great recap, Yardgnome.

Premium Member

Paula has some slurred words for her and Ryan just keeps talking. She sings her song, some people cry, and I splash water on my face to wake myself up.

Great recap, Gnomie!

[QUOTE=Yardgnome;2819255;]
    Jason Yeager He is rocking, or not, a little skunk look with his hair.

Robbie Carrico is out. Iím really disappointed; he was an early favorite of mine. Granted, I never picked up my phone to vote so I canít really complain but I am going to whine about it a little.

Great job , Yardgnome!
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

Let’s all do a shot.
    A shot after each elimination! That'll make the hour go faster. I'm in.

Great job, Gnomie!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

An excellent idea! Great recap, Gnomie! I love the title.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Iím really disappointed; he was an early favorite of mine. Granted, I never picked up my phone to vote so I canít really complain but I am going to whine about it a little.
    Well I did vote for him but apparently I was one of the few to do so!

Great recap YG!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread