+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI 2/21 Results Show Recap: One Hour Show, Five Minute Recap

AI 2/21 Results Show Recap: One Hour Show, Five Minute Recap

Welcome everyone. Tonight we have an extra long show that will be filled with excessive talking by Ryan, clips that weíve seen over and over and oh yeah, group sings. Result show should really be about a 5 minute blurb they show at the commercial time of some other show. They could read the names of the eliminated, they could all sing their song at the same time, and then pan over the contestants who are staying so we can remember who they are again. American Idol should really hire me to direct this show, we would be in and out and have plenty of time to do meaningful things like wash our hair or stare blankly into space.

Who Are These People Again?

To kick start the show, we get a new little intro with all the contestants and their names. Iím thankful for this because I can barely remember them. The montage of contestants is done to a song by Doughtry; heís probably thrilled that his songs keep getting pimped by Idol. After that fun little bit, the Idols are going to do a group number featuring some of our favorites from the 60ís. The boys are up first all sporting suits with skinny ties. I like the look. The girlís next make their appearance all wearing trendy little mod outfits. I know this look because Iíve watched way too many reruns of Americaís Next Top Model. This is a cute little number and I hope they do these every week.

Getting Picked First Isnít Always Good

So far weíre doing well, not too much filler and not many shots of Paula looking high and bloated like the previous nights. We get right to eliminations and we still have 45 minutes left. This is going to be painful. The boys are up first and we get a little recap of them singing. During this montage I get to see Robbie again, he is so cute. Sorry, I digressed. Iím staying on track so we can get out of here with little pain. Ryan calls Garrett to the middle of the stage and he is cruelly told that he is eliminated. Garrett keeps waiting for the joke that heís not eliminated, but alas he is. Sadly, he made no impression on me except the fact he looks like a young Leaf Garrett. He sings, I cringe, and we go to commercial.

Itís girl time! A montage ensues of the ladies, and I wonder how some of them made it to the top 24. Christy is called to middle of the stage and she looks devastated. Ryan tells her she is safe and the relief washes over her face. Ryan announces that Amy Davis is leaving tonight and I donít have a clue who she is. Amy gets to her song, she seriously sounds horrible, and I donít think she will be missed.

Alright, the show is half over and we still have two people to eliminate. Before we can get to that, Ryan talks about all the wonderful people that Randy has worked with and that the highly drugged Paula has a track on his new album. Yippeee! I wonder when that comes out so I can be sure to not go anywhere near it. Much to all of our excitement, we get to watch the video of it. I run to the kitchen to grab the nearest sharp object to gouge my eyes out with. I catch a glimpse of Randy playing the base and I nearly wet my pants from laughing so hard. This is so cheesy and I look forward to her live performanceÖlike I look forward to c the plague.

LaLa Losers!
    The girls get to go first this time and Ryan has called Amanda and JoAnn to the stage. He goes over what the judges had to say about their performances and we all wait in anticipation of finding out the personís name that we will never remember again. JoAnn is eliminated and she takes her place to sing. She sings, I think of the movie My Best Friendís Wedding, and we are at a commercial and I have no idea what just happened.

We are in the home stretch and the most horrible thing has happened. My cable has frozen and I have no idea what is happening. Stupid Comcast! It finally comes back on and Colton is singing, leaving me to believe he has been eliminated. Iím sad because he sang Suspicious Minds, one of my favorite songs. I love that he sings it with a big smile and spunk. Nothing says Iím having an affair like a big cheesy grin and a peppy dance move. Sadly he is out and to be honest, he didnít have a chance.

And thatís another elimination night and I managed to pare down that show into a nice tight recap. I cut out most of the crap and tried to hit the highlights, which were few and far between. Join me next week when the recap is 4 sentences long and I get right to the point.

If you think we can go on together, with these suspicious minds, send me a PM.

Re: AI 2/21 Results Show Recap: One Hour Show, Five Minute Recap

American Idol should really hire me to direct this show, we would be in and out and have plenty of time to do meaningful things like wash our hair or stare blankly into space.
    They really should just make it 30 minutes.

Thanks for the update, Gnomie!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Nothing says I’m having an affair like a big cheesy grin and a peppy dance move.
    Great job, Gnomie! They should so hire you to direct the show.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

American Idol should really hire me to direct this show, we would be in and out and have plenty of time to do meaningful things like wash our hair or stare blankly into space.

The girlís next make their appearance all wearing trendy little mod outfits. I know this look because Iíve watched way too many reruns of Americaís Next Top Model.

I look forward to her live performanceÖlike I look forward to the plague.

Nothing says Iím having an affair like a big cheesy grin and a peppy dance move.
    I'd give you the director's chair in a second. Great recap, Yardgnome!

Nothing says I’m having an affair like a big cheesy grin and a peppy dance move.
    No, indeed. Thanks, Gnomie, great job.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I love american Idol so much. I'm new on here. Did ever know about the site!! I love watching top model too...anyone else here?

And that’s another elimination night and I managed to pare down that show into a nice tight recap. I cut out most of the crap and tried to hit the highlights, which were few and far between. Join me next week when the recap is 4 sentences long and I get right to the point.
    I certainly appreciated your concentrated effort!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thanks Gnomie!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Leo
    Premium Member

Thanks for soldiering through the muck. Well done YG!

FORT Newbie

big thanks for this. Well done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast