+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI Interview with Nigel Lythgoe: Some of the Contestants Have Been Around!

Re: AI Interview with Nigel Lythgoe: Some of the Contestants Have Been Around!

He didn't have to get so snippy...

Leo
    Premium Member

I can sort of understand why Nigel was a little annoyed at all the Carly questions. Thanks for the interview Yardgnome!

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I thought Nigel had alot of good explanations for questions people have been wondering. It makes alot of sense to me that they couldn't show certain contestants due to song clearance issues. I also loved his explanation for ditching those stupid group sings in Hollywood week. And he made a good point about US vs. UK singers.

"To be frank, they’re much better singers, and I think that’s because of the church upbringing as well."

I've thought this myself, not necessarily about US vs. UK, but that alot of AI contestants seem to have some background singing in churches, especially where they first start, and it makes sense. Where else do people get frequent singing experience nowdays? I mean on a regular basis, for years.

I always enjoy the interviews with Nigel because I think we get good insight and inside info.

Thanks for posting this for us!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I appreciate you trying to pin him down on the Carly answers .. but you did go a bit overboard on rephrasing your question and trying to make him comment.

Overall, a great interview and you got some interesting information in there that you won't find anywhere else.

Kudos to Nigel for not being afraid to try new stuff and ditching old stuff when he feels it gets stale. It's one of the big reasons why AI has had the longevity it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic;2805409;
    I appreciate you trying to pin him down on the Carly answers .. but you did go a bit overboard on rephrasing your question and trying to make him comment.

Overall, a great interview and you got some interesting information in there that you won't find anywhere else.

Kudos to Nigel for not being afraid to try new stuff and ditching old stuff when he feels it gets stale. It's one of the big reasons why AI has had the longevity it has.
    I just listened in on the interview. The questions all come from different people and outlets of the media. I usually get to ask some questions and I will highlight those when I do, but it was not me pressing him for the Carly questions.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Great interview YG....I don't see what the big deal is as far as contestants having previous contracts.....if that was a deal breaker there never would have been 1/2 the contestants we've had!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

i dont care wheter they already had a contract before...america voted...and decide...if they like them..they'll keep them...

I also get Nigel's annoyance at the Carly questions. Great interview, Gnomie! Big thanks!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12