+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Idol Guy, Preseason Roundup: The State of the Idol Nation

Re: The Idol Guy, Preseason Roundup: The State of the Idol Nation

^^^ While I don't want this to get to far off base & take away from Leo's great article, I just have to say that even though Alicia Keyes has spent a few weeks at #1, she has done so by setting records for the fewest number of albums sold for a #1 album (a few weeks in the lower 60,000 range). It hasn't been a pretty chart for anyone & is only going to get worse & much more dificult to hit those really big numbers.

Thank you for a fantastic read, Leo. It was great to read about your thoughts on the past contestants and the future of the show. You covered everything!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Excellent article, Leo!

I agree with many of your points, especially about where the music industry is headed. However, they have something coming to them with all these RIAA lawsuits of the little people, all the DRM on stuff that pretty much is there to tell you that you don't really own what you own, and the ridiculously minuscule slice of the pie that the actual musicians get vs. what the fat label execs in the corner offices get. In a music world that is slow to adapt to change and where musicians don't really own their own material and are forced to step into prohibitive contracts with big centralized moneymaking machines who don't care about them, digital downloads and self publishing will probably be a way to go for many of the displaced. And maybe they'll be better of. Times they're achangin'.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Newbie

Thanks

FORT Fanatic

Let's be real - in this age of people downloading songs/albums - how can you tell who is a flop and who is not? IHow many people did not buy Jordin or Taylor - but downloaded them - you couldn't really do that with Kelly,Clay etc. That is all anybody does these days. Let's be real. I love Taylor Hicks - I would go see his concert in a heart beat. I would not pay 2 cents to see Clay Aitken.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;2806019;
    Let's be real - in this age of people downloading songs/albums - how can you tell who is a flop and who is not? IHow many people did not buy Jordin or Taylor - but downloaded them - you couldn't really do that with Kelly,Clay etc. That is all anybody does these days. Let's be real. I love Taylor Hicks - I would go see his concert in a heart beat. I would not pay 2 cents to see Clay Aitken.
    I can tell you that Jordins first single has been certified Platinum, Taylor has not had any songs to do so.

Really? Wow!

I do hear Jordin's single on the radio all the time. Her latest one, No Air, is climbing the charts too, I think.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12