+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Idol Guy, Top 3: Are We There Yet?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: The Idol Guy, Top 3: Are We There Yet?

Brilliant assessment of the season. As I said in another thread, I have NEVER been uninterested in seeing a single week of AI before, but absolutely don't care about the outcome of this season. Melinda was the only reason to keep watching. May TIVO the finale on Wednesday and fast forward to the performances I care about (Carrie, Taylor, Melinda, Elliott (if he's going to be there)), but won't be watching Tuesday at all.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 5DogWorld;2401576;
    Excellent recap...one thing I think is worth mentioning that you missed, however. If the voting results from Idol's bloated Gives Back week and Bon Jovi week had not been combined, Jordin might well have gone home after her utterly dreadful "Living on a Prayer." And I believe she deserved to. For certain, she would have been in the bottom two or three that round.
    Sorry, 5Dog, but six years of evidence suggests you're mistaken. Once a contestant builds a substantial fanbase, it is exceedingly unlikely they will go home, or even be in the bottom 3, on their first truly bad performance. Perversely, the worse you do, the safer you are.

Jordin had a couple of so-so performances up to then, but nothing remotely close to the horror of "Prayer". Her fans would have saved her for certain.

Excellent analysis Leo. I am really not that excited about the final at all now that Melinda is gone. It will be interesting to see if they announce the voting totals for the finals. Looking forward to your take on the final as well.

GREAT article, Leo. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12