+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI6 5/1 Recap: Bon Jovi is the Old Rock

FORT Fanatic

Re: AI6 5/1 Recap: Bon Jovi is the Old Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2367331;
    As I posted in the Melinda thread:

Just checked, and from the Top 12 through this week, Melinda has had final spot twice, as has Jordin. Not sure where the idea that she keeps getting the pimp spot comes from.

Top 12 - Final singer was Jordin.
    Top 11 - Final singer was Melinda.
    Top 10 - Final singer was Chris R.
    Top 9 - Final singer was LaKisha.
    Top 8 - Final singer was Sanjaya.
    Top 7 - Final singer was Blake.
    Top 6 (Inspiration Week) - Final singer was Jordin.
    Top 6 (Double elimination) - Final singer was Melinda.
    How about since this season started - getting to the top 24. Also, as somebody else said there is more then one pimp spot. It has been said that the person placed in the middle of the show is a pimp spot as well. Regardless you cannot disagree AI is pimping Melinda.

This was a fitting end to Bon Jovi night indeed. Although it wasn’t as cheesy as I’d hoped it would be.
    I agree that there should always be more cheese.

Damn funny recap again, MotherSister!!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;2368115;
    How about since this season started - getting to the top 24. Also, as somebody else said there is more then one pimp spot. It has been said that the person placed in the middle of the show is a pimp spot as well. Regardless you cannot disagree AI is pimping Melinda.
    Let's see. From the top 24 through this week.

Top 24: 9th out of 12

Top 20: 4th of 10

Top 16: 8th of 8

Top 12: 2nd of 12

Top 11: 11th of 11

Top 10: 7th of 10

Top 9: 3rd of 9

Top 8: 1st of 8

Top 7: 6th of 7

Top 6 (Inspirational week) : 2nd of 6

Top 6 (Double elimination) : 6th of 6

Now, I've never heard anybody say that being right in the middle was pimp spot as well. As you can see, though, she hasn't been right in the middle at any time. She has sung in just about every position possible.

I think that they have given her fair appraisal of her performances. If that is pimping her, then it is what it is.

I'm way behind in my watching of shows and reading recaps, but this was another fantastic recap, MotherSister!

Ready to save the world? Oh sorry, that was last week. This week Idol is back to its regularly scheduled program -- all nonsense, all the time.

Gina Glocksen’s in the audience, presumably because it’s rock night, and no one rocks harder than she, except for almost everybody who’s ever tried to rock.

That’s a lot of money. Just imagine how many commercials during Idol that would buy. I think 7.

Smiling a lot, even. Cue footage of Jon and the band straight up rocking arenas twenty years ago when it was apparently okay to have hair bigger than your own face and taller than your own babies.

And I wonder if he means royalties too. Because I could totally work out a mean “Bed Of Roses,” accompanied by a clarinet if that’s the case.

Practice Really Does Makes Perfect … Eventually

Phil confesses to having been practicing it for 15 years, even as a young kid in his mirror with a comb. Yeah, he actually had a comb. I know; I’m confused too.

Aww. Never let them see your lip quiver, honey. That’s not rock. Oh, and neither is begging for votes, just for future reference.

I question the suitability of a pretty fortunate seventeen year old girl singing “Living On A Prayer,” because … dude, what would she know about it? Does she even know where the docks are?

Love, American Idol Style

Yeah, um, ew. He goes on to rub his lips for the next few moments while he’s telling her she nailed it, and then says, “Nice lips.” Inappropriate! Although I bet Gina’s in the audience sulking with jealousy.

The Return Of The B-B-B-B-Blakebox

So. Black is obviously this week’s white -- everyone’s dressed in Black; Blake’s hair is black, even the Coca Cola cups are black tonight, y’all. They’re not angels saving the world anymore; they’re the devil’s own spawn, here to show us that Rock Night on Idol is serious business.

It’s all actually pretty good. Unless you disagree with me, of course, in which case it was the grossest thing you wish you never saw.

Wanted? Really?

Chris must’ve taken this last sentiment seriously, because the spotlight finds him writhing around and grimacing like his pockets are full of snake oil at a low, low price.

I don’t want to say anything about that because I don’t want Chris fans to be mad at me when he goes home.

Squee!

Although it wasn’t as cheesy as I’d hoped it would be. I guess I’ll have to wait for Village People Night. (They will have one, won’t they? Someday?)

President? What President? Why, I don’t know to what you are referring.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Excellent recap, MotherSister.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12