+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Idol Guy, Top 10: The Sanjaya Zone

may
    FORT Regular
    Sanjaya Zone? How about Twilight Zone?

FORT Newbie

A singing contest?

It is curious to me that people are down on Sanjaya. The public didnt pick him for the top 24. the judges did. If this was purely a singing contest why would he be chosen. For that matter, did you see the thousands of people at the auditions? You are telling me that this group represented the best singers available. Give me a break. This country is not that berift of talent.
    The premise is a singing contest but the reality is all about money. Money for the station, producers etc. not about us the public. So if people want to vote for Sanjaya, good for them. It is no better or worse than voting for any of the other idolettes up there.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2303123;
    . . .I heard that if Sanjaya wins because of this type of voting, Simon will throw in the towel - end of his participation in AI (which could be end of AI period). Don't know if that's true, but that is what is being reported by a few gossip gurus.
    If Simon himself is actually saying that, I suspect it's just to create drama around something he's already planning to do because AI has run its course -- and this way he can go out with a bang or whatever. It cannot be because he's so concerned about artistic integrity or equality, as he's already beginning to pimp another season of America's Got Talent.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks again, Leo and I agree with you about most everything except Lakisha. I am so darn bored with her ! She and Melinda choose the same "type" of song ... but Melinda always gets the sale. Know what I mean ?

I especially (strongly) agree with your take on Gina's talent ... and I hope she survives. (She always looks so sad/frightened on results night.) This week she should have been second only to Melinda.

Once again ... I just love your analyses ... and thanks !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Great article, Leo!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Awesome article..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    As always you did a great job Leo
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Agree with you! Totally right!

Quote Originally Posted by spaboy23;2303548;
    It is curious to me that people are down on Sanjaya. The public didnt pick him for the top 24. the judges did. If this was purely a singing contest why would he be chosen. For that matter, did you see the thousands of people at the auditions? You are telling me that this group represented the best singers available. Give me a break. This country is not that berift of talent.
    The premise is a singing contest but the reality is all about money. Money for the station, producers etc. not about us the public. So if people want to vote for Sanjaya, good for them. It is no better or worse than voting for any of the other idolettes up there.
    Agree with you 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2303992;
    If Simon himself is actually saying that, I suspect it's just to create drama around something he's already planning to do because AI has run its course -- and this way he can go out with a bang or whatever. It cannot be because he's so concerned about artistic integrity or equality, as he's already beginning to pimp another season of America's Got Talent.

Actually his counterparts in England cancelled Pop Idol, the original talent show to AI, for just that reason. They replaced it with another show that only the judges determine who stays and goes. Simon may just follow suit with AI or he may have the rules changed since he is co producer of AI.

Dancing with the Stars came up with a novel way of audience participation. You can vote only as many times as there are couples left on the show and it counts for only 50% of the total score. The judges provide the other 50%

Great article! Thanks, Leo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-29-2007, 01:19 PM