+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Idol Guy, Top 20: Muddling through mediocrity

Great article Leo - it should be required reading for the powers-that-be, as well as the "muddled middle."

I agree whole-heartedly with your choices for the top 12. So much of the pack just seems, well, mediocre this year. The lack of diversity doesn't bode well for the contestants after AI either. I don't imagine we'll see as many debut CD's from this crop of contestants as we did from last year's stellar season.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I feel that this year will go down as being one of the weakest AI's so far and I believe the blame should go to the cavalier approach of the judges as they hacked through the final 45 as if they were bored with the whole premise. I personally don't see a "Wow" factor illuminating from any of the contestants and the song repetitions just magnify that. Hopefully things will pick up when the guest artists are in house working with them, but i don't think so...MOO

Quote Originally Posted by rodh32340;2266447;
    I feel that this year will go down as being one of the weakest AI's so far and I believe the blame should go to the cavalier approach of the judges as they hacked through the final 45 as if they were bored with the whole premise. I personally don't see a "Wow" factor illuminating from any of the contestants and the song repetitions just magnify that. Hopefully things will pick up when the guest artists are in house working with them, but i don't think so...MOO
    I couldn't agree more. This show, long one of my favorites, is no longer "must see" tv. I'm not sure what was going thru the judges' minds during the auditions and Hollywood, but I think maybe they're tired and in need of the opinion of someone under the age of 40. I'd LOVE to see some younger contemporary artists or producers replace them, or at least a couple of them. A wonderfully talented, very attractive singer from my daughter's high school tried out twice, and never got to sing more than a note or two to the screeners. I'd love to know what the criteria is for letting people thru. I think that as talented as a couple of the women are, they come off as old and lacking in youthful energy. Sorry, it's true. At this point my money is on a couple of the guys. Sorry ladies, this is a competition to be a pop star, and talent alone isn't enough - you have to have that certain something, and it's sorely lacking here. Yawn.

FORT Fanatic

Season 3

I actually think season 3 was the worst. I couldn't stand Fantasia or Diana.
    I think Lakisha and Melinda from this season both sing better then the season 3 winner.

This year Blake and Chris R. both have the ability to be current pop stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
  2. 03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
  3. 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM