+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AI6 2/22 Results Show Recap - Killer Filler

Oh my Lord, Amanda. No way could I quote every hilarious thing. You are freaking brilliant. Two seal claps for you!

Ha! Fantastic Amanda. Too much to quote, but this
    See ya next week, tracksuit.
    absolutely cracked me up. You're pure genius.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Leo
    Premium Member
    Fantastic recap as usual, Amanda.

I don't think I can add anything else to what all the previous posters have had to say. Brilliant! I hope you are doing all of the results show recaps this year! (pretty please!!)

I object! It is not safe to make somebody laugh for 10 minutes straight. One could choke or get a tummy ache or something. Why wasn't there a warning at the beginning saying "Warning: May Cause Uncontrollable Fits of Laughter"?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Now, listen. I'm not trying to compare American Idol to any of the classics. We don't know if it will stand the test of time. Ryan Seacrest is no Jack Benny. (Or so I assume. I'm not actually familiar with Jack Benny, but given that Ryan Seacrest isn't even any Jack Palance, I feel comfortable with my assumption.)

Jennifer Lopez can go ahead right now and strike "Jenny from the block" from all future set lists, since an American Idol appearance quashes that facade altogether. Herman's Hermits, though? Barry Gibb? Granted, I'm not a musician or singer, but it's fairly underwhelming. It's like being offered a fig newton. Nothing wrong with fig newtons, really, and it's better than not having anything at all, but you're not really excited about it. "Oh, okay. I guess I'll take a newton." And then you go another five years without having one, because you just don't care that much about them.

Hey, can we talk about choreography for a minute? I think we should - nay, we must! Because what part of swaying hips, swaying heads, faces full of pain during solos and limp-arm-up-two-unenthusiastic-snaps constitutes actual choreography?
    You have a gift. I could have quoted the whole thing, really.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Yeah, I agree, the word for the recap is brilliant. Why can't the show producers produce something as clever as the FORT writers can? FORT writers are underpaid! It makes no sense.

P.S. I like Rudy better on his farewell than on the previous night.
    PSS. Why is Sundance there?

I'm so happy Antonella made it through...I'll be voting for her every week=]

Great recap! Thank you!

Amanda, you just gave great recap! You saved me from having to take yet another hour out of my day to watch another limp program. And yes, he's no Jack Benny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast