+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LG.

Thread: Big Brother August 24 – Bride of Zingbot 3000

LG.

Big Brother August 24 – Bride of Zingbot 3000

Welcome back for this really short recap. I want to get you all up to date before tomorrow’s “week in a day” episode with an eviction, an HOH contest, a veto competition, and yet another eviction. However, I worked late tonight because I’m taking the day off tomorrow to go with my family to the Minnesota State Fair (the Fair is a big deal here, check it out: Welcome to the Minnesota State Fair ), so I need to get this done rather fast if it’s going to get posted prior to becoming obsolete.

When we last left the Houseguests on Sunday night, HOH Jeff had nominated Dani’s alliance-mates, Porsche and Kalia. Dani wasn’t sure if she should trust Jeff and their deal enough to throw the Veto Competition, which she has a guaranteed ticket to play in. Tonight she indicates that she isn’t that confident in Jeff’s interest in her continued stay in the house and she intends to try to win the Veto. Winning the Power of Veto would put her in a tough spot in having to choose whom to save, Kalia or Porsche. There are worse positions to be in though, and Dani knows it.

Jordan’s week of wearing the Humilitard has come to an end, and she puts on a rather layered strip-tease of tossing the pieces of the outfit to the other houseguests. Adam comments that he figured Porsche would be the first person to strip in the house. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened so far this season. Prior seasons had whipped cream bikinis in week 2. Not that I mind. I’d much rather recap fully clothed reality show contestants, which is why I’m glad I’m not covering The Bachelor Pad this summer.

Jeff and Jordan sit in their HOH room and watch Porsche chasing Dani around the kitchen, making snarky remarks. Then Jeff tries to convince Jordan an incorrect pronunciation of mischievous. Maybe they are a match made in heaven.

The houseguests are treated with the return of last season’s very popular Zingbot 3000, the insult comic robot. Zingbot 3000 doesn’t have great improvisational skills, as Rachel asks to get zinged and he/she/it just froze, and was only able to deliver the scripted insults to the houseguests one at a time.

• Jeff, 1995 called and they want their soul patch back.
    • Porsche, shouldn’t you be named after a car with a roomier trunk.
    • Rachel, every other word out of your mouth is the “F” word. Fiancé.
    • Danielle, do you own a car, or just prefer to ride your daddy’s coattails.
    • Jordan, the only reason that Jeff hasn’t proposed is because he knows how terrible you are at answering questions.
    • Adam, it’s too bad you shaved, because now your girlfriend will realize that she’s dating Uncle Fester.
    • Shelly, what do you call a person who smokes, hunts and fishes? A dude.
    • Kalia, you write a sex blog, but you seem to be an expert on what comes after sex, like sleeping.

Then they show clips of the houseguests trying to deliver their own zings. They are just as scripted as Zingbot’s lines. Jeff tries to insult Zingbot by saying it would get kicked out of Chicago and have to go play football for the Packers. Jeff is truly ditzy if he doesn’t remember that the Packers are the defending Super Bowl champs. W00T!

Everyone except Rachel gets to play in the Veto Competition. She probably thinks she would have won it because it involved wearing scientist costumes and she is a waitress who fancies herself a scientist. It’s an elaborate puzzle where the houseguests need to build a FemBot so that Zingbot 3000 can have a bride. Adam is not doing terrible, and as usual, he doesn’t win. Jeff wins. Jeff gloats that he controls the whole house. And he keeps referring to himself in the third person as Big Jeff. What an idiot.

Time for the Veto Ceremony, where Jeff uses his Veto to cancel out Porsche’s nomination. Then he backdoors Danielle so she is sitting on the block with her strongest ally Kalia. One of them will be leaving the house tomorrow. Rachel has been so quiet this episode I almost forgot she was there. It was a nice little vacation from the screeching.

Tune in tomorrow to see if Dani or Kalia survives the eviction and check out the rest of the “week in a day” episode.
    bluecontacts likes this.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Big Brother August 24 – Bride of Zingbot 3000

I hate Jeff. I hope Danielle escapes eviction and gets him tossed out of the house. Sadly, I don't see that happening. Once Dani's gone, there's no chance of anyone but Jeff or Jordan winning the game.

FORT Newbie

Re: Big Brother August 24 – Bride of Zingbot 3000

When Dani backstabbed her alliance they gave her another chance to be with them. She then backdoored Brenden twice and calls it a power play & that she is the only one in the house who has the guts to do it. But when Jeff backdoors her, she calls him a liar & dishonest. Like he said should I give Dani back the knife to stab me again. She had the easiest 1st 4 weeks, didn't have to compete, put anyone up, worked the newbies. She should have stayed final 5 with the vets, then teamed up w/ Brenden & Rachel to take out Jeff & Jordan. She would have beaten Rachel & Brenden in a final vote w/ the jury. She wanted to be boss too early. She also calls Rachel a baby but now that she's on the block she is acting like a brat. On the after show she is VERY bratty. I think she's a great competitor & it's a shame that someone like Adam or Kalia will go farther than her, but she should have stayed true to the alliance even if she didn't like them. Maybe she won't go home if Adam really does have a deal with Porsche like the after show implies.

+ Reply to Thread