+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Brother August 17 – Cornhole Losers Wear Humilitards

LG.

Big Brother August 17 – Cornhole Losers Wear Humilitards

Big Brother August 17 – Cornhole Losers Wear Humilitards

Welcome back, Hamster Watchers. It’s Veto Competition night, but I’m short on time, so I’m going to give you the brief summary:

1. Adam and Shelly were nominated. Adam took it like a man, but Shelly was unduly torqued that someone dared nominate her.
    2. Shelly continued her campaign of fury against Rachel when she heard that Rachel told Jordan that Shelly said she might vote off Jeff. For some reason, this brought Shelly to tears and really way more drama than it warranted.
    3. Big Brother is selling a backyard picnic game of beanbag toss that they call “cornhole” and you can order it on their website, but it isn’t half as cool as the Big Bang Theory’s Bazinga lunch box that you can get here: The Big Bang Theory Bazinga! Lunch Box | Shows The Big Bang Theory | CBS Store
    4. As if to hammer home the Cornhole theme, the Veto Competition players need to toss beanbags at the target. Making the shot gives you 1 point (the best score) for the round, while those missing will have their bags land on a spinning wheel with higher numbers. The player with the highest number each round is out, and then picks a prize. Each subsequent round loser (and finally, the competition winner) get to keep their prize or swap for anyone else’s. They do this every year. Hopefully no-one will have a cow when someone takes their nice prize and swaps it with a crappy one, as we’ve seen with prior season’s sorest of losers.
    5. Everyone is playing in the Veto Competition except Rachel, Brendon, and Porsche, who gets to play host.
    6. Here are the prizes:
    a. Shelly is out first and ends up with 24 hours in solitary confinement in the Have Not room with bread and water (and a portable toilet – eeewww), but gets a call from home during this time. Jordan traded to get her this prize because she knew Shelly wanted to talk to her daughter.
    b. Jordan ended up with the privilege of wearing the Humilitard for a week. It’s like a unitard, only with insulting statements on it and a twirly topped dunce cap. She wears it well though. I shudder to think how it would have looked on Adam, who won it as contest winner, but traded with Jordan to take the Veto. Jordan didn’t carp about it. She does seem to be a sweet person. The rest of the cast – uuugh. I can only imagine if Adam had taken the Veto from Rachel and left her with the Humilitard.
    c. Kalia wins a trip somewhere – I can’t remember, but she seemed excited.
    d. Dani won a “Veto Ticket” to guarantee herself a spot in next week’s Veto Competition, which may be very important as Dani cannot compete for HOH next week.
    e. Jeff wins $5,000 after tossing the contest to Adam. Jeff contemplated winning to assure that it wasn’t used (and to continue his alliance with Brenchel), but he’d really like to see them get backdoored this week and thinks Dani will do it if Adam gets and uses the Veto.
    f. Adam wins the competition, pulls the Humilitard prize card, and swaps with Jordan for her Veto.
    g. The entire time, Rachel and Brendon are watching the contest trying to make Jeff win with their eyes so that he’ll keep the nominations in place and keep them safe. It doesn’t work. And Jeff does a good job of looking like he was trying to win, as there was only one point difference in the last round. Too bad so sad Brenchel.
    7. Shelly goes into her 24 hours of solitude and says that the best part is not having to listen to Rachel that whole time. I’m guessing the best part was talking to her husband and daughter, but not hearing Rachel is also a valuable prize.
    8. Jordan dons the Humilitard and looks pretty cute in it. She doesn’t adore it as much as Jennifer loved the red unitard a couple summers ago – she loved that thing and continued wearing it after her week of required wearing. She’s a good sport. I wouldn’t mind if Jordan won again.
    9. Brenchel head to Dani’s HOH room to remind her of their “deal” which none of them ever intended to keep. They offer to knock off Jeff if she nominates him, which is what Dani had offered them in week 3 and lead to Dani’s complete and total shunning by the Career players group. But hey, if it’s your idea, it’s ok then Brenchel.
    10. Adam uses the veto on himself, and Dani grants all of our wishes once again and puts up Brendon as the replacement nominee. And she calls him a “Zombie in our Midst” which is rather funny. Now I’m picturing Brandon dressed like a zombie and doing the Monster Mash. It was a graveyard smash.

Tomorrow night the houseguests need to vote to evict Shelly or Brendon. My prediction - Don’t let the Big Brother revolving door hit you where the good Lord split you, Brendon.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Big Brother August 17 – Cornhole Losers Wear Humilitards

The recap of the prizes is a bit muddled. To clarify, originally Shelly won the veto, Jordan won solitary confinement, and Adam won the humilitard. Jordan swapped solitary confinement for Shelly's veto, then Adam took the veto from Jordan, leaving her with the humilitard.

Jordan looked dang cute in the humilitard so I don't think she fared too bad. I'm very happy we didn't have to see Adam in it. That would have been punishment for all the home viewers!

Frankly, I'm surprised Shelly traded the veto for solitary confinement just to get the phone call home. If she wins Big Brother, she'll have plenty of time to spend with her family later and more to rejoice over. Maybe she was secure enough that she wasn't going home to feel like she didn't need the veto. *shrug*
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Bye Brendon! I just hope Rachel's next! What a whiner!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

LG.

Pikachu - On many of these shows the contestants value communication with their families over all other privileges (i.e. socializing with the people you've already been confined with for months), so that totally made sense to me. Also, I'm a mom (like Shelly) and talking to you kid is well worth hanging out in a room alone for a day. In fact, being away from Brenchel would have been a welcome break. That encouragement from home will give Shelly a psychological boost and energy to keep going long after the punishment part was done.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular

She knew there was no point. She knew Adam was gonna take the veto from whoever had it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread