+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/17 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Pretzel-Gate and A Note

8/17 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Pretzel-Gate and A Note

*This is a recap of events from noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday, hamster time*

As a famous commercial asks, “Where’s the Beef?” The noon hour is like a mayonnaise only hamburger bun with ketchup and a little mustard on the side. It’s heating up in southern California, but the house has cooled down to mellow; however…there is a pretzel and a note in the condiments to keep them stirred up.

In the Swamp, Matt tells Ragan that Kathy told him that Rachel left a message for Brendon. What really angers him is that she told him about the message after the Nomination Ceremony and not before; she has now backed herself into a corner. Matt also discloses that BB says they didn’t know about the message and are now re-evaluating the rules.

In the middle of the afternoon, Matt joins Enzo, Lane and Hayden in the Cabana Room. He tells them that the pretzel thing (his name written in pretzels on the HOH table) is the reason why he is on the block instead of Britney. Matt says it’s horse**** that someone out of the house can effect the game that much. They all conclude that if it hadn’t been for the pretzels, Lane would have been up against Britney. They say it was luck that Brendon put up two Brigade members without even knowing what he was doing.

In the evening, Matt joins Britney on the hammock and complains.

Matt: I’m getting picked on…my name is written in pretzels.

He later tells Ragan in the Cabana Room that when Brendon goes out to run tomorrow, he is going to go to the HOH and write out, “I love you, Brendon.” He thinks this will give him something to do.

Snails and All Things Not Delectable Like Slop

Britney tries to cheer a slumping Ragan with words of encouragement. He wants to eat food because he is tired of being a have-not; he’s been one for half the game. She reminds him that Brendon will fight for the next POV and that eating slop has become more bearable because she is focusing so much on what has to happen this week. She leaves and checks on the frozen dinner supply in the Storage Room freezer.

Ragan tells Matt that he is slop-depressed and Matt chides him to stay positive. He tells Ragan to win the HOH and scream that he is doing it for him.

In the evening, Ragan settles on the hammock to be joined by Britney who is eating left-over eggplant. She tells him that the good brand (Michaelangelo’s) is gone. A little later she discovers that the good stuff is now in the freezer; not that Ragan will eat it. But, he does fix a protein shake after his workout and drinks all of it.

Later in the evening, Ragan tells Matt that he gets dizzy when he stands up. Matt says to eat some of the eggplant frozen dinner.

Reading Entrails (Strategy Ponderings Placed Here)

In the Cabana Room, Hayden and Lane whisper strategy. Basically, in their scenarios of what ifs, they have to win HOH this week. All of their scheming depends on Matt going home. Britney enters and, of course, puts the kibosh on any more straining of their thought process. She tells them that every POV in a double eviction is physical. Ragan joins them and claims that the POV will favor Brendon.

After the outside lock down ends, Ragan and Matt sit at the kitchen table. Matt confirms to Ragan that he continues to play a social game. Ragan looks stressed and drums his fingers on the table. Matt rattles the spoon in his protein drink.

During the three o’clock hour, Enzo, Lane and Hayden meet in the Cabana Room where Lane says he hopes Britney doesn’t burn him in the vote. Enzo says Matty thinks he has a special power.

Enzo: I don’t even have tarot cards, bro. Let Britney and Ragan win HOH and then they can get rid of Brendon. Then we can get rid of them. They are dummies.

Later in the Cabana Room, Matt tells Hayden he has been able to light a fire under Ragan to play hard because Ragan is angry at the timing of Kathy telling Matt about the message. He tries to convince Hayden that they should hold onto Ragan rather than Kathy to the final five. He says that Ragan is also a little peeved at Britney and wants to make a final four deal with Hayden, Enzo and Lane.

Hayden asks Matt which way Ragan will fall if Matt goes. Matt said he would talk with him.

Matt asks of Hayden that the Brigade be straight with him – giving him reasons – if they are going to vote him out.

Later with Hayden, Matt tries to puzzle out why Lane was put up. [NOTE: The missing piece to this pretzel that feeders know (but not the Brigade) is that Britney talked her way off the block at the last minute. That and the probability that Brendon got into trouble with BB for telling her she was going up.] Matt thinks the nominations are so bizarre that they arouse suspicions that America (or Rachel) had a hand in them.

Sometime after five o’clock in the Swamp, Matt states that this season is chock full of people letting others get their hands dirty.

Matt: If Brendon makes it to the final two with all this adversity, I’ll probably give him my vote.
    Ragan: I like Hayden, but he isn’t enough for me at the end.

Later in the Cabana Room Matt has to spell out strategy for Enzo. He tells him that throwing the HOH this week is his best bet.

Matt: If Britney wins, she puts up Brendon …and let’s say, she puts up you. Brendon goes and you have a legitimate reason to hate her - a push to get her out.

As Matt leaves, you can hear him say off camera: I wish I had the coup d’etat.

Sitting on the outside couches, Matt repeats his conversation with Enzo to Ragan. He tells him that the only reason Hayden and Enzo would fight for Veto during the double elimination is if one of them is put up with Brendon. He advises Ragan to talk with Enzo tomorrow to reassure him that Ragan is not a threat to him.

In the late night hours in the HOH, Brendon tells Enzo of his deal with Britney, but he doesn’t know if he can trust it.

After Brendon leaves, Hayden arrives and Enzo relays to Hayden that he thinks he, Hayden and Lane along with Brendon can make it to the final four. Enzo worries that Matt is telling stuff to Ragan and Britney. Hayden opens some pretzels to work out their power moves.

Britney wonders why Hayden and Enzo have been the HOH for so long. In the Swamp, Ragan and Matt wonder the same thing.

Matt: It makes me think my days are over.

The remainder of the Brigade agrees that they will let Matt know his fate on Thursday.

The Dog Days of Summer

While Hayden sleeps spread-eagle on one of the back yard couches, Brendon does yard work. He picks up items from the ground and places them on the pool table then pulls out the hose near the pool and stretches it as far as it will go. He washes down the deck under the pool table and moves over to wash the deck under the table and couches. For some reason he decides the fake grass also needs to be watered.

Britney joins Matt and Ragan in the Swamp and when she sees they are dressed to go outside, she tells them Brendon is out there cleaning everything. She saw him watering the grass and she comments that she never thought the grass was turf. Since Brendon is outside, Ragan crawls back onto his cot and Matt leaves to face Britney’s new name for Brendon, the T-Rex Clydesdale.

With talk of the next POV competition favoring Brendon, cam 3 takes a look at him man-handling the elliptical machine back into place. He finishes his yard chores by placing the pool sticks against a wall and re-setting vases and pillows. After all his hard work in the yard he is rewarded by an OUTSIDE LOCK DOWN where now the others will appreciate it. Kathy is the first to admire his handy work, but tells him proper placement for furniture and accessories is on top of the black Xs taped to the grass.

Ragan looks around the cleaned up yard and makes for a far corner. Enzo comes out complaining about his nap being interrupted as he loudly smacks on chips.

(Weirdness: All four cams go to a nighttime sleeping view until a bubble scrub brings us back to the here and now. Could this somehow tie into the interesting early morning hours of the next day?)

Ahhh…lazy day...All is quiet except for Matt splashing around the pool in the tube. Brendon spreads a towel and lies down pool side in the sun.

Is Matt getting ready for the Morph Competition?

It is quiet enough to hear noises in the background such as lumber being dropped, hammering, a truck backing up and of course, the ever present roar of a jet overhead.

Kathy wonders about the hammering then thinks about dinner. She is excited, though, that she got her fish food; three packets labeled A, B and C.

Lane marvels that in two weeks they will be down to four and Kathy reminds him that they will need to do a double elimination first.

Lane: Then it is all done and we can go back to the south, where we belong.

When Britney joins Matt in the pool, he wonders how Rachel slipped her handlers because she told them about the people shouting out to her at her exit.

(Of course talk about PRODUCTION is not tolerated and we get lengthy bubbles while they sort it out. There was so much production and diary room talk today that I’m surprised H.A.L. stuck with the recorded messages and didn’t just yell, SHUT UP!!)

Back from bubbles and the outside lock down is over.

Lane crunches his ice cubes in a lounger next to the pool while Brendon chops veggies in the kitchen. Until this very moment, the hamsters hadn’t realized that they needed to clean the pool; that it doesn’t clean itself.

Enzo rouses and says all he can think about are things outside the house. He complains about the pool, the pool cleaner and the game.

Enzo: I haven’t been on the block.
    Matt: Yeah, that.
    Enzo: What time is it now?
    Lane: 2:30
    Enzo: Is that all?
    Matt: The day never ends.

Back from the DR, Ragan goes into the Swamp to belch loudly then leaves. (This could play into the early morning happenings of 8-18) The next we see him he is sitting at the table with a bowl and glass in front of him.

Kathy pulls an over-done pizza out of the oven.

Kathy says she missed the re-qualification on the shooting range this summer and has to do it when she goes home. She’s going to put the Saboteur picture up there and have a perfect score.

After lengthy bubbles, an INSIDE LOCK DOWN is over. Enzo and Lane make for the backyard where Enzo repeats all of the Saboteur messages that kept them up two nights ago.

In the five o’clock hour, Enzo is happy…the day is going so nice. He takes a swig of beer kindly provided for thirsty hamsters. After feeling good, H.A.L. blasts them with a warning and Enzo starts a downward spiral.

Enzo: I’m going to burn the DR. I’m getting blasted and staying blasted.

Matt thinks the Feeders are interested in the Pool Tournament. So, for those of you who care, read below. Matt: Bet on the Gremlin to win the tourney – 3:2 odds.

TICKER TAPE for the Pool Tournament. [NOTE: This is for the evening tournament, not the night time tournament.]

Enzo/Hayden up first…Enzo wins…Matt/Britney up next…Matt wins…Lane takes on Enzo…Lane wins…Hayden/Britney…Hayden wins…Lane/Matt…Lane wins…Enzo/Brendon…Brendon wins…Hayden/Matt…Hayden wins by one shot (the bracket got out of order) Hayden/Brendon…Hayden wins…Hayden/Lane…Hayden wins 1st of 2…Hayden/Lane…Hayden WINS.

Hayden trots around with the fruit bowl Pool Trophy and accepts accolades. He gets out the nail polish and adds his name in yellow and orange. He carries it with him to DR and up to the HOH to show it off. Outside, he poses with it for the cameras and Britney calls him Hollywood Hayden.

Meanwhile not much else is going on so the cameras focus on Ragan doing a weight lift routine.

Kathy is on a mission to clean the entire house. I guess she is following Brendon’s example from the morning. She washes all the sheets and makes all the beds, as well scrubbing the kitchen and dusting the furniture. Once she has finished, and Brendon is in the DR, she sits on the outside couch and announces that Brendon said that after the POV he was going to make them all scatter like cockroaches. When Britney asks her why he tells her these things, she says it is because she can’t leave the couch area when the sun is on the yard and he sits with her.

THE NOTE

It is almost four o’clock in the morning of 8-18, and Enzo makes his way to bed. But, wait…what is this…A NOTE has been placed under his pillow!

He wakes up everyone except those in the Swamp and Brendon. They snicker and laugh and think where else they can place it. Enzo says Kathy knows he got the note, but she hadn’t read it. He also thinks the writing looks like a girl’s, so it must be either Kathy or BB.

They bring Kathy into the conversation and she tells them that she made Enzo’s bed after the outside lock down and there wasn’t anything there then. She thinks, though, that it has to be someone in the house.

Enzo looks toward the Swamp thinking the Have-Nots pass by his room all the time. They wake them up and show them the note. Ragan agrees with Kathy that it has to be someone in the house because they would have to film it. Matt’s opinion is that BB wrote it.

Except for Kathy who goes back to bed and Brendon, who hasn’t been notified, they take their speculation to the Jumanji Room. They come to a decision that Kathy, as the ultimate floater, could very well be the Saboteur. They list her mis-deeds such as double talk and telling Matt about the pretzel message. Britney opines that she knew she had no hope of winning so probably took on the role. They find it odd that BB didn’t catch anyone spelling out Matt in pretzels and think that might be the work of the Saboteur. Matt informs everyone that Kathy told him Rachel gave her a key to the HOH so she could let Brendon in when he got back. However, Brendon came back through Pandora’s Box.

Suspicious minds place Kathy squarely in their sights until beds call out to them and they are all tucked in sometime after 5 A.M.

At 10 A.M. a 20 minute wake-up call rouses only Kathy, Brendon and Britney. Everyone else is still dead to the world.

Brendon hears about the note from Kathy and visits Enzo in Taj. Enzo shows him the note and Brendon immediately suggests they do a hand writing analysis. Since Enzo wants to go back to sleep, Brendon leaves.

In the backyard, Brendon sips coffee and quizzes Kathy about what she knows. She leans heavily toward the Saboteur being someone in the house, though Brendon thinks it could be BB as well.

They settle in to disclosing personal stories and find bonding.

I’m ending my 24 hours with a letter home from Britney. It is a ramble of messages she spoke to family and Nick during her lengthy alone time in the backyard this morning. Mind you, it is a ramble, so I’ve only included the parts I found interesting.

Britney using the hammock as a swing and pushing it back and forth as she talks:

My family is so embarrassed for me in the last competition. I wonder if I have any friends left. My dog and my car need to be in the same place, this is important. Mom – these people are so sick…I’ve never met a group who can barf all the time. Mom - I need you to talk me down when I get irrational, I miss our daily phone calls. Nick…I’m missing you so freakin’ much. Being without you is the hardest. Don’t forget about me. I think you would like my friends here: Hayden, Lane and Matt. I love Ragan, though he probably isn’t your favorite, but, I can talk to him and he keeps me sane. I love you. If you are letting the dog on the couch or the bed, stop it now. Just because I won’t be home for my birthday doesn’t mean I don’t get a present. There better be one. Oh, paint the bathroom either beige or cream if you’re looking for something to do. And you can paint the back bedroom red like you want. I love everybody. Bye, guys.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-18-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/17 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Pretzel-Gate and A Note

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4042067;
    In the Swamp, Matt tells Ragan that Kathy told him that Rachel left a message for Brendon. What really angers him is that she told him about the message after the Nomination Ceremony and not before; she has now backed herself into a corner. Matt also discloses that BB says they didn’t know about the message and are now re-evaluating the rules.

In the middle of the afternoon, Matt joins Enzo, Lane and Hayden in the Cabana Room. He tells them that the pretzel thing (his name written in pretzels on the HOH table) is the reason why he is on the block instead of Britney. Matt says it’s horse**** that someone out of the house can effect the game that much. They all conclude that if it hadn’t been for the pretzels, Lane would have been up against Britney. They say it was luck that Brendon put up two Brigade members without even knowing what he was doing.
    Great recap Arielflies!

How can BB not know about the pretzel message? I mean - you could see quite clearly on the show tonight - that they had the camera zooming in on it.

I think because of that breaking of rules - Brendan should be put up on the block and get a penalty nom! And Rachel should be booted from the Jury House and disqualified.

Didn't these 2 spend a lot of time going over the rule book? So they know they broke rules! :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Dawne;4042274;

I think because of that breaking of rules - Brendan should be put up on the block and get a penalty nom! And Rachel should be booted from the Jury House and disqualified.

Didn't these 2 spend a lot of time going over the rule book? So they know they broke rules! :nono
    although I dont like brendan, he shold not get punished, he had nothing to do with it or did not know she would do it..it was all that crazy witch Rachel
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

BB sent Rachel back in, knowing that she was mad at Matt, so that she would try & get word to Her Man about nominating him & them Matt has to use the DPOV-which is what BB wants.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Sometime after five o’clock in the Swamp, Matt states that this season is chock full of people letting others get their hands dirty.
    Ain't that the truth.

Thanks for the recap, Ariel!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Is Matt getting ready for the Morph Competition?
    Looks like it!

Thanks for the recap, Ariel!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

great job, Ariel!

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the recap, Ariel. Eggplant Parmesan is tasty! And Ragan refuses to eat it? He should be grateful for the food. At least Britney appreciates the food. Also, it likely was the producer's idea for Rachel to leave Matt's name spelled with pretzels. I've read that producers like to meddle.

+ Reply to Thread