+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Brother 8/12 Recap: Nothing Comes Between Me And My Man... Except Eviction

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Big Brother 8/12 Recap: Nothing Comes Between Me And My Man... Except Eviction

Do you hear that, folks? Ah yes, that's the sound of the halfway point in the season! We are on top of the hump and now it's all downhill from here. The person evicted this week will be the first member of the Big Brother jury house. This is another week where I don't really care who stays and who goes. Rachel and Brendon both get on my nerves, so I say just evict both of them! If Rachel goes to the jury house, at least she'll have her boobs to talk to. I mean really, they are the size of small children.

The show begins with our usual Julie Chen welcome. She has on a blue cardigan type thing with white pants. I give it a thumbs up, although it isn't the most flattering blouse. I like it when she wears a sassy pair of slacks. After Wednesday's veto ceremony, Ragan was pretty pissed at Brendon for saying he is in an alliance with Matt. He calls Brendon a Neanderthal because Ragan thinks Brendon is an early man who thinks he can pick on the smaller and weaker players. Britney hugs Rachel but not Brendon.

Sir Brendon, Knight of Wussville

Queen Rachel beckons her knight Brendon to go into the storage room. She isn't sure whether to be happy or mad about his veto speech. She says him sacrificing so much for her is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her. Well, I'm sure she means the nicest thing besides old men shoving 100 dollar bills in her g-string in Vegas. She must have forgot about that feeling. They hug and Brendon whispers some more sweet nothings. In his DR session, he says that America probably thinks he's an idiot for giving up half a mil for his darling Rachel. Uh yes, WE DO! Let's take up a collection and buy this guy a pair. Come on now. I honestly don't think any of this is sweet and chivalrous. It just makes me feel sorry for him. He is definitely blinded by Rachel's giant knockers love.

Rachel and Britney have a short chat and Britney lets Rachel know that even though Brendon is a jerk, that won't change Rachel and Britney's relationship. Britney warns Rachel that Brendon is bad news and hates women. Rachel just “plays” dumb (I know!) and acts as if she didn't know Brendon was going to sacrifice himself for her.

Britney heads out to the pool where Lane, Hayden, and Enzo are hanging out. Hmm.. they don't have an alliance, do they? She bitches about Brendon and wants the guys to see how disgusting and vile Brendon really is. She leaves and the toolbag alliance guys burp, fart, scratch themselves, and gloat about how nobody has figured out their alliance. I love that Enzo is so cocky, but yet he hasn't done a damn thing in this game except make up stupid nicknames for his alliance-mates and talk about Jersey.

Rachel tries to play nicey-nice with Mean Girls v 2.0 (Britney and Ragan) while they are laying outside in the hammock. She says she doesn't know what happened, but she used to be friends with Britney and Ragan. Ragan immediately sasses back “without being mean” and says that Rachel's behavior makes no sense and basically says that she is a drama queen and he isn't like that. All of the fights involve her, she isn't a good sport, etc. She gets mad, cries/pouts, and storms in the house. Her dork in shining armor, Brendon, comes over to find out what happened. He yells at Ragan about how Ragan went from Rachel's BFF to now stabbing her in the back. Brendon once again calls Ragan out for being in an alliance with Matt. Britney giggles like an idiot while Brendon and Ragan squabble back and forth. Ragan calls Brendon a Neanderthal with a “thal” at the end and Brendon says it's pronounced “tal” not “thal”. Ragan and Britney cackle at this notion. Britney gets up and does a stupid walk (I guess it's supposed to be a Neanderthal walk) and Brendon screams at them to keep him in the house so he can win HoH and send them, along with Matt, home. Brendon goes in the house and calls Britney a 3 foot nothing and she tells him he's so cool. Ugh, this is like high school drama. I love Brit and Ragan usually but they really acted like bitches in the whole argument.

The Bromancin' Brigade is now worried that Brendon will be voted out instead of Rachel. They are hoping for Brendon to stay because he's less of a competitor than Rachel. Also, people will go after Brendon instead of the Brigade. I'm kind of sick of the Brigade controlling this game. I can't believe nobody knows the guys are in an alliance.

Sucky Sabotage

I hope it isn't just me who thinks this new saboteur idea completely sucks. It's basically America's Player renamed, and Ragan hasn't done anything exciting at all. He receives some ideas for “sabotage” which include putting Britney's bikini in the freezer and creating paranoia that the voted out person isn't actually leaving. He chooses the latter. Cue saboteur message. He has a message for the house that true love conquers all and it doesn't matter who is voted out because that person might not really be gone. Okay, not bad Ragan. Brenchel immediately run into the bedroom and play slap and tickle because they are so excited as the possibility of both of them staying. And of course, out comes Rachel's trademark bimbo-ism... NOBODY GETS BETWEEN ME AND MY MAN!!! Everyone else remains in the living room, sort of freaking out.

It's time for Julie to go live into the living room and ask her usual round of questions. BUT FIRST, let's check out some footage from last week's HoH competition! After the footage airs, she asks Lane how difficult the competition was. He says very difficult because his whole body was shaking. She asks Matt about Pandora's Box and he says it wasn't a difficult decision and that the risk was not worth the reward. Kathy is next. Why didn't Kathy think she owed Rachel an apology for celebrating in the veto competition? Same response you'd expect. Rachel picked Kathy because she's weak, but Kathy was just happy that she won and wanted to celebrate. Julie then wants to play a fun game of throw people under the bus! She asks each houseguest to name the person in the game they believe is the most underestimated. Nobody can say Brendon and Rachel since they are on the block. Here is what everyone said:

Matt: Kathy
    Lane: Ragan
    Britney: Ragan
    Enzo: Hayden
    Ragan: Ragan
    Kathy: Ragan
    Hayden: Britney
    Rachel: everyone
    Brendon: Britney

Before the live vote, there's a little segment on Brendon's ex-fiance. That's right folks, Brendon was once engaged to a girl named Candice for 6 months. That really doesn't surprise me. He turns into a pile of ooze at the sight of a pretty girl. His ex is very pretty, and claims that she is really happy to have gotten out of that 2 year relationship. She says Brendon tried to change who she was and everything he has said to Rachel, he has said to her. Candice's mom reveals that Brendon lived with them for 8 months and that he's emotional and dramatic. They are grateful that Candice didn't marry Brendon. As Brendon and Rachel get into an argument about how she “is” Vegas, Candice watches and comments that he wants a girl to be how he wants. Candice is on “Team Rachel” and advises that Rachel be ready for an emotional roller coaster.

They were, like, scared of me

Okay, now onto the vote. Rachel and Brendon have one last chance to plead their cases. Rachel has wanted the BB experience so badly, she's fought so hard, she's grateful for making it to the halfway point. Brendon is her true love and in her heart always and she loves him. Brendon has learned a lot, including that Matt probably got $10,000 for opening Pandora's Box and Matt is probably fake. He says BB is about being fun, feisty, unique, and genuine. He is in love with Rachel and she is his new best friend. He also found out what it must have been like to have been a witch in Salem in the 1600s and be persecuted for being who you are. Hmm... this is the exact same thing. Not. He's a tool. If he stays, he will avenge Rachel's eviction. I'm sure he'll miss her funbags, too.

Here are the votes:
    Enzo: Rachel
    Britney: “Tequila, vomit, 100 dollar bills Rachel”
    Hmm... okay then Brit
    Kathy: Rachel
    Ragan: “He got the witch part right... Rachel”
    Lane: Rachel
    Hayden: Rachel

By a vote of 6-0, Rachel has been eliminated. The showmance is no more! Yay! My eyes and ears are free! Rachel hugs Brendon only, and leaves. Brendon tells everyone they better be ready.

Julie asks Rachel if she's shocked, and she says no because she knew everyone was scared of her. She again says that the houseguests were scared of her and that she had a great experience. Julie asks a question about why Brendon's plan to become the target didn't work. What does Rachel think? You got it! They were scared of her monster boobs. Now she says she is shocked. Okay, are you shocked or are you not shocked? Maybe one boob is shocked and the other isn't? Aww, I'm going to miss making boob jokes. Rachel hopes to move to Los Angeles and make her relationship with Brendon work. Her goodbye messages are pretty standard, decent messages. She is going to the jury house, nobody is going to be nasty. Well, except for Brit. She makes fun of Rachel and her hair extensions. Julie also tells Rachel it may not be the last she's seen of the BB house. Oh boy. Pleeeease don't bring her back!

America can vote on the Have Not food this week. The choices are: Bologna and Bran Muffins; Eggplant and Escargo; Turnips and Tofu

Oh, What A Tangled Web We Weave...

The HoH competition this week appears to be another long one. Urgh! Why do you do that, CBS? I want to know now who wins HoH! This waiting until Sunday every week stuff is crap. The competition this week involves a giant web and ropes. Each person is attached to a rope which is tangled all throughout a giant web. The web is hanging over mud and mucky stuff. The first person to untangle their rope, bringing the untangled part with them as they go, and press the button at the other end of the web will be the new HoH. This person will also get to pick the 3 Have Nots for the week. As the houseguests work their way along the web, chicken feathers come flying out all over them. Next, they get rained on. As we leave, it appears Kathy has moved about ½ an inch. Wow, she really is bad at competitions. Hayden and Brendon appear to be the farthest along.

Tune in Sunday when we will have all the details about the new HoH, who that person chose as the Have Nots, and who was nominated. Say it with me one more time, just for kicks.... 1.......2.........3: NOBODY COMES BETWEEN ME AND MY MAN! Oh yeah, except those 6 people who voted you out!
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 08-13-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Big Brother 8/12 Recap: Nothing Comes Between Me And My Man... Except Eviction

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4035913;
    Rachel and Brendon both get on my nerves, so I say just evict both of them!

The show begins with our usual Julie Chen welcome. She has on a blue cardigan type thing with white pants.

Sucky Sabotage
    I hope it isn't just me who thinks this new saboteur idea completely sucks. It's basically America's Player renamed, and Ragan hasn't done anything exciting at all.

And of course, out comes Rachel's trademark bimbo-ism... NOBODY GETS BETWEEN ME AND MY MAN!!!

Julie asks Rachel if she's shocked, and she says no because she knew everyone was scared of her. Now she says she is shocked.

Say it with me one more time, just for kicks.... 1.......2.........3: NOBODY COMES BETWEEN ME AND MY MAN! Oh yeah, except those 6 people who voted you out!
    Great recap Ashley!

I agree - why couldn't it have been a 1 hour fast double eviction?

Does Julie look pregnant to anyone else? Or was it just the style of the top?

Brendan? A knight? Give me a break!

Ragan is the WORST one to have been chosen for Sab. No creatitivity at all. It looks like he's going for the easiest things. They should make the choices difficult ones - not the lame ones we've seen so far.

Rachel is supposed to be smart - well I have seen no evidence of that from her or Brendan! And she's going to have to start saying "Everyone came between me and my man!" Nooooooooooooooo! I wanna say "WANNA BET RACHEL? Most of Canada and the USA came between you and your man!"
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 08-13-2010 at 10:47 AM.

FORT Regular

Re: Big Brother 8/12 Recap: Nothing Comes Between Me And My Man... Except Eviction

Quote Originally Posted by Dawne;4036056;
    Great recap Ashley!
    Does Julie look pregnant to anyone else? Or was it just the style of the top?
    My mom said the same thing

Great job, Ashley! I was bummed I missed watching it live - had to make do with the DVR the next morning and then get the snark here

Who do you think is leaving next? The final four is definitely gonna be the brigade Matt/Enzo/Lane/Hayden...unless they start fighting each other out of the blue. Probably either Brendan or Kathy will go home next because everyone is annoyed with them, and then probably Britney or Ragan, unless one of them wins HOH/POV continuously. I have to say Britney does pull it off fairly often so she may stay a little longer.

+ Reply to Thread