+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/31 Live Feed Recap: Hippies and Wizards and Birthdays! Oh My!

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

7/31 Live Feed Recap: Hippies and Wizards and Birthdays! Oh My!

This recap covers the events from noon Saturday to noon Sunday

Time for another Saturday afternoon with the hamsters! Figuring my shift will probably begin with trivia, I am happily surprised to tune in to 4 feeds on the Jumanji Room. *Happy dance* Jumanji = laughter this season, and sure enough, the crew in there right now doesn't disappoint. Lane, Britney, Hayden, Matt, Ragan and Lane are talking about yesterday's luxury competition and poking fun at themselves, complete with musical sound effects. They can't wait to get home and watch it on TV, and I can't wait to tune in for Tuesday's show! They laugh about Kathy, and how when she saw the cop uniforms she probably thought she it was her competition to win.

Enzo is fired up for this competition. We get a Diary Room audio leak of him saying "Bring on the unitard!" (careful what you wish for, Enzo!) He comes out of Diary saying he's ready to go, that he's going to win POV and then choose who to put up. Britney and Lane inform him that he doesn't get to pick, and he says, oh but he will. His veto power will be so special that he might just even choose to bring someone back. If he does, it'll be Captain Kosher but he'll only be allowed to give speeches, he can't vote for anything.

Hayden is nervousing, and Hayden's hair is getting on my nerves. The feeds keep cutting to Kathy and Kristen moping in the Cabana Room (ugh). Then back to Jumanji (yay) where they are discussing sex. Always fun. Then to circumcision. When Enzo has a son, he doesn't want him circumcised. Britney doesn't understand why. Ragan says there's no medical benefit to it. And that it actually makes, um, things better for the guy. Britney points out it doesn't make things better for the girl. And if you were wondering, Enzo is not circumcised. And that concludes today's TMI section of the recap.

Everyone's getting anxious about the POV competition, wondering when it'll start. They can steal hear banging noises outside and figure they've got at least a couple hours to go - they're still building the set.

Lane and Britney find themselves alone briefly in the dining room. Lane asks Britney if she wins HOH would she put up Brendon and Rachel. Britney says she would, but it could get ugly because Rachel considers her a friend. She tells Lane he might have to be her bouncer if that happens.

In the Cabana Room, Hayden, Kristen, and Matt talk about how they wish the POV comp was at least something involving skill. If this comp costs them the game, they would rather go out because they got flat out beat in something, not lost in a c***shoot. Kristen is hoping it involves prizes, especially really good ones, because then it will help her chances. Matt leaves, and Hayden tells Kristen that the only other person that might use the veto besides the two of them is Ragan. (umm, not so much!) They start trying to figure out how the votes would fall if Matt went up as a replacement against either of them. Hayden seems convinced that Matt would be a replacement nominee. Kristen thinks she would go home for sure against Matt, but that Hayden would have a chance. Hayden is already campaigning against Matt, and the POV competition hasn't even been played yet!

The afternoon continues with random chatter ranging from buying houses, to Mexican food, to Hollywood celebrities (which brings bubbles galore). Overall it's fairly quiet, particularly among the POV players. They think they hear the production team outside practicing on the competition equipment.

At 2:30, the feeds go to trivia. When we went out, Brendon had not yet been called to the DR. So I figure we are going to be out for at least a couple hours. Which is great news for me, as I'll finally be able to catch up on some shows in my DVR.

The feeds come back at 5:20 pm, and two feeds show Kristen with a sad face in the cabana room, while Britneyís on the other 2 in Jumanji. I click into Jumanji, and sure enough, Britney has won. Rachel and Brendon are sparkling with happy faces. They are commenting how the veto wins have gone: Brendon, Britney, Brendon, Britney, and joke that means Matt should be next week's HOH.

Who Won What:
    • Britney Ė Power of Veto
    • Rachel - $5,000
    • Enzo - 3D TV
    • Ragan - Veto Ticket
    • Hayden - 24 hour isolation in the Have-Not room
    • Kristen - HippieTard for a week

There are discussions all over the house but the feeds are jumping around so much, it's hard to keep up. Apparently Hayden's solitary confinement doesn't prohibit talking, and Matt and Ragan are chatting with him through the walls. Hayden is chomping on a loaf of french bread so at least he doesn't only have slop.

Lane jokes to Hayden that when it gets dark, he should put pillows under his sheets and sneak out. Oh, Lane, you crack me up.

Everyone seems to be settling in for naps, and Kristen and Kathy head into the Taj room for some game talk. Stealth whispering, so I grab my Bose headphones and tune in, against every fiber of my body screaming at me to not listen to them.

Kristen is telling Kathy they need to figure out a way to convince Britney to use the veto. They want to play the Monet card, telling Britney that Monet wouldn't want Britney playing the game "with Rachel." Um, Kristen, honey, Monet hated you too. Britney still does. Nice try, though. Delusion, thy name is Kristen. And Kathy.

In the kitchen, Brendon and Rachel are prepping some stuff for dinner later. Rachel told Brendon he could go ahead upstairs for a nap while she finished. Brendon's response? "but I don't like sleeping up there alone." Brendon. Seriously. You make me cringe.

April and Ollie Rachel and Brendon head upstairs and my skin starts crawling in anticipation. A few smoochies then they start talking about how the competition went down. Apparently it got pretty intense, as these prize-veto-comps usually are. They launch into the what-if this had happened, and what-if that had happened. Hey dimwits, guess what? Those things didn't happen so let's move on. From a few of the conversations I've heard, it sounds like Hayden really blew it. Brendon is sad that Britney has won as many POVs as he has. *sigh* Then he starts whining that Matt only won that HOH competition because he was small. Rachel thinks the $5,000 she won in today's competition guarantees them at least 1-2 weeks off the block. I start to wonder what is being pumped through the air in the HOH room. Really, I can't stand listening to these two. And the only time I ever do is once a week when I have to recap. So, yeah. YOU'RE WELCOME. The lovebirds continue to tout their strengths and my eyes wander over to the Oreos I picked up at the grocery store this morning. I mean, are my only options right now Brendon/Rachel and Kathy/Kristen?? The Jumanji crew needs to wake up! No naps allowed on my shift!!

Just a quick interjection - I can't believe that in last week's recap, I had joined the Kristen train after some great conversations she had with Andrew and Matt. I'd like a refund for that ticket, please. Thanks.

This just in -- Kathy and Kristen think the reason Andrew "made up those lies" about Kristen was because he was jealous that she picked Hayden over him. Oh, boy, it just keeps getting deeper in here.

Nap time is over, and Britney wanders into the kitchen where Lane is working on dinner. "I'm so glad she's going home this week!" says Britney. Lane agrees and says, watch her persona change this week and be all nice to you. Yep, the plan that Kathy and Kristen have been concocting for the past 2 hours to get Britney to use the veto is gonna go over like a turd in a punch bowl, and I really hope I'm watching when it goes down.

Kristen gets called to the Diary Room, and I sense that "HippieTard" time is upon us. I can't even begin to try to describe it, so here you go.

While everyone is eating dinner in the dining room, Kristen takes the opportunity to sit by the Have-Not door and talk to Hayden. They manage to touch their fingertips under the door along with a little game talk. Kristen fills Hayden in on the plan to ask Britney to use it, but he doesn't think it's a good idea. Hayden says that during the POV comp Britney said she had to take the Veto because she couldn't risk having Enzo, Lane, or Matt put up. Then Hayden says she should ask Britney to use the veto on him instead of her. Wow. Chivalry is alive and kickin' in the BB house. Yes, indeed.

The gang gathers in Jumanji to keep Hayden company. Kathy seizes the opportunity to corner Britney in the kitchen and let her know that Kristen is going to talk to her about using the veto. And I missed the beginning of it because we were on bubbles. So I picture one of Britney's many facial expressions as Kathy brought it up. Hee hee HEEEEE. Yeah, that was funny. Soon after, Britney tells Matt about it in the storage room. "Are you gonna use it?" asks Matt. "Not a chance in h***" says Britney. Matt quickly passes this information along to Lane.

As they're waiting for Matt's un-birthday cake to finish baking, the group in the kitchen continues to rehash the Veto Competition. Apparently Brendon went into overdrive for his role as the Wizard Host. Britney seems to be doing a good impersonation that is cracking everyone up.

At 10 pm, the cakes are finished baking and the champagne is pulled out for Matt's birthday toast. They sing "For he's a jolly good fellow gremlin" and BB doesn't even go to bubbles! They dig into the rest of the libations, and Brendon is still shouting in his "wizard voice" he used to host the competition today and it's grating on my last nerve *sigh*

The gang is excited to finally get to go outside for the first time in a few nights. Lane and Enzo play pool, and Lane lets Enzo know that Britney's been approached about using the veto. Enzo launches some expletives about Kristen, and thinks she and Rachel might have been scheming the other day when they were up in the HOH together for so long. Lane is worried they're trying to backdoor him and says he'll "go off" if that's the case.

Lane goes into the house for a quick briefing with Hayden. Hayden tells Lane since he's been in there with time to think, he thinks that next week, after Kristen is gone, he should go to Brendon and Rachel and try to set up a fake alliance with them. Lane thinks that might be a good idea.

The nighttime deck chatter is about names. Ragan hated his name when he was growing up because it was something else that made him different, but when he became an adult he was glad to be unique. Britney says she hated how her name was spelled because there were never license plates at Toys R Us that were spelled the way hers is. Rachel also hated her name, and wished she had been named Sara. Matt says his parents were going to name him Sara if he'd been a girl. Talk turns to reality TV (naturally) and they say one of the funniest shows ever was Joe Schmo. Then someone mentions Joe Millionaire, and I'm just waiting to see someone mention Average Joe (which Matt was on). But they don't. They talk about For Love or Money and how the girl from that is now married to Dr. Will. Of course, that leads Britney to talk about Dr. 90210 and when Boogie went on there to have, um, things removed from, uh, his male parts. And there's your TMI session for the evening, to go along with this morning's Circumcision Chat.

Meanwhile, inside the house... Kristen and Hayden are having a pity party through the door. It's a bit comical to watch. They both say they don't want to campaign against each other. Blah blah blah.

Speaking of blah blah blah, outside Rachel is reliving how she won the HOH competition and her subsequent reaction. Yeah, sweetie, we saw it.

And now itís time for high comedy -- Kristen takes Britney into the Taj Room to make her big plea. She tells Britney she has to make it to jury because she's in a huge financial bind. Britney looks like she's struggling to keep a straight face and I cannot WAIT to see her Diary Room sessions about this. She tells Britney she could put her up as a pawn, or straight up, anything to help Britney keep her hands clean. As long as she gets in the jury house. "I would do whatever I could for you, you're my last hope. You would be giving me a huge life favor." Blah blah blah. She was completely thrown under the bus with huge, huge lies. *cough* mmmkay. I hope this doesn't go on too long because I want to see Britney tell someone, anyone, about this before I head to bed. Kristen continues on and on, throwing everything at Britney, including offering to let her join her alliance with Hayden. Britney tells Kristen she respects her for her honesty. Okay folks, so letís just stop and think about this for a minute. Did Kristen really just offer Britney, as a selling point for a deal, that she would let Britney put her on the block? I mean, last time I watched this show, the HOH could put anyone on the block without permission. Maybe I missed something.

All this is sending me into a coma so I jump back outside. Just in time to hear Brendon comment that Rachel is the love of his life. Fascinating.

I tune back into Britney and Kristen. Britney tells Kristen she will think about it, but she is scared about who the replacement might be. Kristen thinks there are 2 options: Kathy or Matt. Rachel comes in and Kristen says she needs a few more minutes. Rachel says okay, and asks Britney to come talk to her when she's done. Heh.

Enzo, Lane, and Matt are on their own outside, finally, to compare notes. Lane assures them there is absolutely no way Britney will use the veto. Enzo keeps saying Britney better not F this up. Enzo is wasted. He gets called to DR, and says he has to go to the bathroom first. Lane informs Matt and Ragan, who are by the hot tub, that Enzo peed in the shower because Kathy was in the bathroom. Nice.

More information comes in about the $5,000. Ragan had it at one point in the competition and was hoping he would be able to get rid of it. Apparently it can be used to give to someone in the house, but only all together. (ie, she can't give $1000 to one person, $1000 to another, etc). Matt and Ragan are concerned that there might be someone who would take the money in exchange to guarantee safety for Brendon and Rachel. The boys are having a good time outside but of course Skippy steers us into the kitchen. Brendon and Rachel talking about Rachel winning HOH and her reaction (a-gain) and Brendon is talking in his wizard voice (a-gain). Drunk Enzo is egging them on. Thanks, Enzo. Britney finally escapes from Kristen's clutches in the Taj. Kristen beelines back to Hayden's Door to recount the conversation, but I've already heard it so Iím headed somewhere else.

Back in the kitchen, Drunk Enzo is incriminating himself talking about all the food he ate as a have-not.

Rachel grabs Britney to head up to HOH for a pow-wow of their own. Britney gives a quick recap of her chat with Kristen, although leaving out most of the more important aspects, and then asks Rachel who she and Brendon would put up if "they" win HOH next week. Rachel pretty much dodges the question, and then starts hinting at an alliance with Britney, talking Final 3. They start rehashing the veto competition and how Hayden didn't play it smart. Quick jump downstairs to the kitchen where Brendon and Enzo are talking about... yep you got it... Hayden's actions in the veto competition. Back upstairs, Rachel is asking Britney what she thinks about Lane and Enzo, and if they would go after Kathy. Britney says probably, but she doesn't really talk game with them so she doesn't know. They talk about twists that might be coming up, including America's Player. They joke that Kathy is the Twist of Doom - because she has been "best friends" with everyone who has gotten evicted.

Outside, Enzo and Lane are having a little fun with Kathy. As Kathy is telling stories, every time she turns away from Enzo he makes faces behind her back and mimics shooting himself in the head.

After leaving the HOH room, Britney goes outside to join Lane and Enzo, where she describes her conversation with Rachel. She tells them that she told Rachel Enzo would probably go after Kathy, and Enzo says that's good because that's what he told Brendon he would do.

Looking for some more comedy relief? I know I always am, and once again, the boys provide it as Matt puts on the HippieTard, wig, cop hat, and a flower and jumps into bed with Lane. Enzo is walking around with Amazing Enzo genie hat. (You've got to see this on Flashback, 3:15 am, all feeds)

The kiddies finally settle down for bed, and Big Brother lets them sleep until about 10 am Sunday morning. The morning starts off right away with another TMI moment as Enzo informs Lane and Britney that he had another wet dream, and had to go clean up in the bathroom when he woke up.

Enzo and Lane start their morning with a workout, while Ragan, Matt, and Brendon are having a interesting and intelligent discussion about homosexuality. I'm thankful for Ragan being in this house, I've learned a lot from listening to him and I bet he's a great professor. Britney takes a few minutes to talk to the live feed viewers (Hey, Brit!!), apologizing for not trying to look nicer for us (lol), saying how she doesn't miss Andrew, wondering who America's favorite is, and how much she misses Nick, her mom, and her friends. She comes outside and talks a little game with us. Brendon and Rachel need to be broken up, she thinks it would be awful to watch them banging. Lane is a good guy, but he's looking out for #1.

As my shift nears its end, Lane and Enzo head to the kitchen to fix some chow. Enzo stands in front of the memory wall, talking about all the grenades he can't wait to drop on the houseguests he can't stand. Hey, buddy, maybe you should win a competition first, hmmm? Meow-meow. Face-face-face. They discuss how Hayden and Kristen were "being all Shawshank" last night through the isolation door. Enzo says he hopes Hayden has learned his lesson, that he hopes in sitting in that room thinking about why he got put up on the block, that he put the Brigade in jeopardy, and all for a piece of a** that he'll probably never see again.

And with that, Iím out. Stay tuned tomorrow when waywyrd will guide us through what will no doubt be another action-packed Sunday in the Big Brother house!

"It's a game. I remind myself of that every single day. Can't be mad at how anyone plays." - Amber

Re: 7/31 Live Feed Recap: Hippies and Wizards and Birthdays! Oh My!

Great stuff! A pop culture smorgasbord! And I totally missed Matt's unitard unveiling, thanks for capturing it so vividly!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Absolutely love all the pics and quotes! And a special thank you to your sponsers for keeping you going! Looking forward to the next one!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Oh dear God.....this might be your best recap yet! Who Wore It Best?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Brendon is sad that Britney has won as many POVs as he has.
    But I thought the jerkface LIKED people who played hard.

That was one awesome recap, Irish. The Shawshank montage cracked me up!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Love the captions, Irish! What a fun shift you had! Matt in the hippie-tard is priceless! I'm missing all the good stuff.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thank you. What is the red soft drink? Our Pepsi cans are blue.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom;4022335;
    Thank you. What is the red soft drink? Our Pepsi cans are blue.
    Probably Cherry Pepsi
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4023443;
    Probably Cherry Pepsi
    ah, thanks- that chemical combo hasn't made it here yet as far as I know.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Thanks everyone!

Yes, the red cans are the Diet Cherry and the gold ones are the Diet Vanilla
    "It's a game. I remind myself of that every single day. Can't be mad at how anyone plays." - Amber

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast