+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/14 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: I値l Stop the Show and Melt for You

8/14 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: I値l Stop the Show and Melt for You

(This recap covers Noon Friday-Noon Saturday, BB time)

You wanna hear something funny? August 14th is the sixth anniversary of the Big Blackout that hit the Northeast in 2003. It’s the perfect day for FORT’s servers to go down for an entire weekend, don’t you think? And might I say, Oh what you missed!

Friday was Aftermath Day on the Mickey Mouse Club! Jessie is gone, gone, gone, and I’m finally all danced out. If you weren’t already convinced that he’s a bitter, spoiled brat, just check out some his of exit interviews. You know it’s bad when you get interviewed by Ross Mathews, and you seem like the annoying one in the conversation. But I digress, with glee.

As my shift begins, the houseguests are waiting for HoH Michele to emerge from the DR to Chima is still in full Tourret’s mode. She is making more comparisons between Russ and terrorists, and wishing she had a “weapon of mass destruction” to take him out. Apparently the only strategy that Chima and Natalie can think of now in order to survive is to provoke the guys to either hit them or do something else illegal to get them booted from the house. Chima had already called Russell a Muslim terrorist, and compared herself to the Twin Towers. She will have to answer for her words when she leaves the game, so I won’t dwell on it here. Sitting in my Manhattan apartment. Which I’ve had since February 2001. Nuff said.

After a 2-hour block, the feeds return and lots of people are showering – apparently the comp involved stuffing different foods in various places. Jordan and Michele are showering together in the HoH, and Natalie, Lydia and Chima are conspiring to use up all the hot water while showering downstairs. Jeff steps into the HoH shower after the women finish, and Jordan and Skippy seem to be enjoying the show. The housemates have won a grill and a week of hot showers for their troubles. Also, it doesn’t seem that anyone will have to sleep in the Tombs. Jeff still can’t eat until 9PM, since he is finishing out and an extended HN sentence from last week. Also, the dining table has shrunk! How time flies… While Jeff is showering, Russell takes Michele aside and tries to renew their old, semi-acknowledged Final 2 pact. He wants her to put up Kevin and Chima.

”Snail! You are the reason for my downfall! Yes, you, Snail!!”

After everyone gets cleaned up, Michele begins the Friday tradition of receiving guests and hearing their campaigns to save their behinds. First up is Natalie, who (with her usual charm) guns for Jeff and Russell, and makes schoolgirl threats that Michele should hold to whichever word she gave Natalie weeks ago that is now meaningless. Michele frankly tells Nat that “certain people” may be a pawn, but won’t be the target, wink wink.

Next is Chima, who also gnashes her teeth about Russell, and brags about the balls that she alone possessed to try and take him on last week, before Jeff thwarted all her plans. She and Michele used to be Girl Power buds, what happened to the Sisterhood? Michele blithely thanks her for the good times and sends her on her way with a case of Turtle Wax, without directly telling her that she is Target #1.

The two newest cliques, the It’s-Only-a-Gamers and the Bitter Crazies, retreat to different parts of the house and gossip about each other. Pick a little, talk a little, cheep cheep cheep. Ever bitter and ever crazy, the girls consult the BB Rule Book to see if they can tattle on Michele in the DR, claiming that she technically told Chima that she was nominating her, a big no-no. Nothing comes of it. Chima and Nat are hogging the washer/dryer, and put everything on the longest cycles; Chima puts her laundry in ahead of Jeff’s which was next in line. Jeff and Russell shake their heads while playing pool and witnessing this childishness. Soon, Michele is called to the DR.. Trivia on the feeds signifies that nominations are underway.

When they return, the lines are drawn in the house for good (or for another week, anyway): Chima and Natalie are on the block. Natalie responds by going back to the rule book, combing for loopholes to get Michele bounced, and causing the feeds to go to fishes every time she reads aloud from them. Chima responds by retreating to bed and again saying she doesn’t want to be in the house anymore. Two winning strategies if I ever I heard them. Chima says something else that I find troubling: that she’s the biggest threat because “they know I fought off a serial murderer/rapist, and don’t think they don’t think about that!” It’s the kind of sentence that just hangs there in the air.

I know she feels bad, but that must feel good.

While Jordan, Jeff, Michelle and Russell hang out in the HoH trying not to dwell on the clinical cases downstairs, the Cases decide to mess around with people’s clothes and belongings. Jeff came down and, seeing his stuff removed from their drawers, put them back and warned the day room dwellers not to touch his stuff again. Nat briefly engaged him with feigned ignorance, but Jeff went into the other room to lie down and cool off.

Things quiet down briefly, and Chima gets called to the DR. Lydia and Nat decide to take the chess set from the balcony to the Red Room. It turns out that, rather than being just another random example of acting out, they used the chess board and some colored candies so that Nat could test Lydia on the house history, in case the next HoH involves questions of this nature.

Around this time, Jeff’s food restrictions are lifted, and he starts digging into the fridge for leftovers with abandon. Michele comes down to join him, while Russ is zonked out on the HoH bed. Jeff gets called to the DR, and Michele passes through the bedrooms and back to the kitchen; Natalie has dirty looks, dirty words and nasty gestures for each of them behind their backs as they move. Jeff comes out of the DR and announces with glee, “I’m the wizard!” (I’m sorry, but that was hilarious) He and Michele reconvene in the kitchen where he returns to licking his plate, and Michele chimes in with, “Remember that time you were the wizard?”

There has been a long lockdown for the POV setup, but it is lifted, and Kevin heads out to the backyard to discover a miniature golf setup, with a large plastic snail on an incline and some instructions for what to do. Everyone eventually comes out to take turns practicing, but Natalie and Lydia are hogging it. Eventually Kevin goes to Chima, who went back to bed after coming out of the DR, and gets her outside to take some swings. Natalie and Lydia tell her with glee that they will hog it all night, and take the balls in with them so no one else can practice. Sigh.

While the Gamers hang in the kitchen watching Russell marinate some meat, Chima continues to practice, but she isn’t wearing her mic. BB tells her to put it on, but she flips BB off. Kevin runs in to retrieve it, but when he gives it to her, Chima throws the mic into the hot tub, and continues hitting balls, now two at a time. Nat tries to fish out the mic, and they tell her to practice on one ball at a time.

That little black fleck by her raised arm in the second pic is the mic, on its way to the hot tub.

Russ cooks up some chicken on the grill while the Crazies continue to hoard the golf game and the others amble about. Jeff is getting steamed over the laundry-hogging situation. Soon Jordan and Michele join Russ in the kitchen and start to eat happily. Chima comes into the house and touches up her makeup in the bathroom, and then goes to the kitchen to fix herself something. Silence. She is still not wearing a mic. She then goes back to the Red Room and says “Let’s try a little wildness for the other side,” and puts some shows into a laundry bag filled with more clothes. She heads to the washer, but Jeff had already seen a window and put his stuff in. So, Chima plants herself on the washer. And sits. And sits.

BB tells Chima to get a new mic in the storage room. She tells them she isn’t going anywhere. Kevin runs in to get a mic for her, but she says it doesn’t matter because she won’t wear it anyway. Kevin comes out and convinces her that they will keep bugging her until she does it, and she puts it on, and immediately tells BB to go suck something. Then she takes it back off and places it beside her.

Russell walks up to the golf game, and the remaining Crazies scatter and join Chima of Arc on her washer-horse. Michele joins Russ, Jeff and Jordan sit on the patio. Jeff bemoans that this has to be the most miserable cast in BB history, with the most miserable bitch on reality TV. Omarosa from The Apprentice and the cast from Real World: Las Vegas may beg to differ, but he’s not too far off. BB again tells Chima to put on her mic, and she wraps it around her waist.

Chima looks at the door and weighs her options.

Eventually the Crazies retreat to the Red Room and join in studying the chessboard and quizzing each other, and telling each other all kinds of things that make them seem like victims and the rest of the house like brutal oppressors. Lydia is called to the DR, apparently to answer questions about putting candies with red dye in Michele’s drinks, as she is allergic to red dye. Natalie had been asked the question as well. Hmm…

Chima comes out into the yard and asks if anyone has seen her Cheetos. Russ says nothing, which apparently is enough to prompt Chima to go into the bedrooms and take his hats and begin to hide them. She tells Natalie not to refer to her as the fifth HoH, but as the sixth nominee, thanks to production. Fishes come and go a few more times until the production talk settles down. We hear Kevin complain to Michele how the three Crazies are acting like a cult that lost their leader (Jessie). He wishes they could move on and talk about something else.

Then, the fish return, and remain for over and hour.

When the feeds return, here’s what we discover: Chima has been removed from the show, and will not be going to the jury house. Allison Grodner herself came out from the control room to talk to the housemates about the situation, and probably to instruct them to simply move on once the feeds return, or face similar consequences. Lydia and Natalie lay in the Red Room, debating quitting the show too. Meanwhile, the Gamers assemble in the kitchen and start trading stories about Chima, and the season in general.

And then, Kevin comes into the kitchen and finds a bag of Cheetos, and blithely says, “Isn’t this what she was looking for?” And, SCENE!

(I wish that was where it ended, but they kept talking for another hour or so before settling down to bed at 5AM BBT. Except for Michele, who keeps tossing, turning and getting up.)

About four hours later, BB tries to wake up the house, and calls various people to the DR in turns. Michele and Lydia are in the kitchen, seemingly making attempts at peaceful conversation, and agreeing to talk later. Lydia denies being one of the Crazies who hid people’s stuff in the bedrooms. Michele wishes that Chima had talked with her before leaving. (The housemates are assuming that Chima quit; CBS’ official press release says that she was “removed” from the game.)

It actually took hours after her exit for this to happen – makes you wonder…

People variously make breakfast, take showers and get cleaned up. Michele goes up to the HoH and starts fiddling with the jewelry making kit she was given, while keeping an eye on the spy screen. Kevin is in the kitchen cutting fruit, and Michele comes down to join him. They talk about what might happen today (Michele hadn’t been told anything so far). Fishes interrupt what must be production talk, but we do hear Kevin mention that when you break the rules, you’re banned from any Viacom show or property. So, don’t expect to see Chima trying to win Flava Flav’s heart on VH-1 anytime soon. Besides, Lydia has that Brigitte Nielsen thing goin’ on, she’s more his type…

Let us now open our hymnals to “Alliance Wheel, Alliance Wheel, Why Do They Still Cling to You?”:

By the way, on Sunday, instead of continuing with Michele’s HoH, they held a new HoH comp, and Jordan won.

Watch here for more live feed updates, servers willing!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-17-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 8/14 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: I値l Stop the Show and Melt for You

Great recap! Glad FORT's back on line too...Missed y'all especially with all this craziness going on!!

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

"Fishes interrupt what must be production talk, but we do hear Kevin mention that when you break the rules, you’re banned from any Viacom show or property. So, don’t expect to see Chima trying to win Flava Flav’s heart on VH-1 anytime soon. Besides, Lydia has that Brigitte Nielsen thing goin’ on, she’s more his type…"

First, thank you for keeping us updated while the site was down! God bless you!
    I don't think I've prayed for anything so hard in a while as I did for the site to come back! (smile)

I loved this recap! I quoted above one of my favorite parts. I personally think Flava Flav could handle Chima! Thanks again to all the moderators, and site admins!

CCL

Thanks for the recap MFW. Love the hook coming and taking Chima away in the alliance wheel picture.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

You know it’s bad when you get interviewed by Ross Mathews, and you seem like the annoying one in the conversation.
    Amen! Great recap of all the action and I love the little hook dragging Chima to the exit!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

And then, Kevin comes into the kitchen and finds a bag of Cheetos, and blithely says, “Isn’t this what she was looking for?” And, SCENE!
    I hope they work this into the show.

Thanks for the excellent recap.

thanks for the recap. i wondered what wa going on.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Loved your title, MF...and great job giving a rundown of the crazies. Man!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Thanks for spelling it out, since I was offline when this all went down.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair

Thanks for this recap

I was trying to stay away from the live feeds but I couldn't do it anymore!!

and let me just say this, also.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD. WICKED WITCH, THE MEAN OLD WITCH. DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD....... well not dead but at least gone.
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast