+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB10: Interview with Jerry - "It is a game, and it cannot always be played nice."

BB10: Interview with Jerry - "It is a game, and it cannot always be played nice."

Leaving the game in the undesirable third spot was Jerry MacDonald, the 75-year-old retiree from Magnolia, TX. Jerry was an undeniable presence in the house from the very first, when he won HOH right off the bat - and by the end of that week had turned on his brand new alliance. Despite personal conflicts along the way, he managed to duck the target on his back until the last week of play. Once again, CBS has chopped our questions down to just a few, but here’s what Jerry had to say about his stint as Big Brother’s oldest contestant.

You outlasted so many people in the game – to what do you attribute this success?

Winning two POV and another HOH protected me some and the fact that when I was put up for eviction near the end I was not the target. I was also playing nice at the time.

You were on slop for a long time – how did you survive physically, and did it bring you any sympathy from other houseguests?

I took the slop in stride and did not complain. I lost 12 pounds and an inch off my waist. I received sympathy from a few but most cared less.

What was your worst and/or best moment in the house?

My worst moment in the house was when Dan broke his word and aligned with others that took Memphis off the block. My best moment in the house was when I won the HOH on my own.

When Keesha was evicted, were you expecting that?

Yes, I was expecting Keesha to be evicted. Dan and Memphis had a deal to go to the end and they would have had to do it the next time and felt it would be easier then.

Why do you think you weren’t taken to the final 2?

Dan and Memphis had an alliance since the fourth HOH and stayed loyal to the end.

Is there anything you want the viewers to know about you or your time in the Big Brother house?

I am committed to my family and ask that I not be judged to harshly for any of my actions. It is a game, and it cannot always be played nice.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: BB10: Interview with Jerry - "It is a game, and it cannot always be played nice."

He doesn't want to be judged too harshly for his actions? You shouldn't have done them then, Jerry.

Re: BB10: Interview with Jerry - "It is a game, and it cannot always be played nice."

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3197768;
    He doesn't want to be judged too harshly for his actions? You shouldn't have done them then, Jerry.
    Seems much mellower--think he's been clued in on how people view him?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3197768;
    Amen to that, Juls.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

How does he know how long their alliance has lasted... odd...

Sometimes he comes out with things that show he always knows more than he let on in the house, and that he's more aware of his own words and actions than he let on as well. What's creepy is how he seems to have no feelings one way or the other about what he said and did.

Maybe that comes with reaching 75, I guess I'd be pretty immune to other people's opinions and judgements by then too. But it was still unsettling to watch at times...

Thanks for the interview, hep!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3197822;
    How does he know how long their alliance has lasted... odd...
    That is exactly what I was thinking!! After coming out of the house and talking with Julie the other night, he sure didn't know about any alliance since week four. And now all of the sudden he does???
    That is too fishy for me.....

there is a BIG difference between game actions, and just downright nastiness Jerry.
    but he finds it unforgivable for anyone to break their word to him - sheesh. Breaking words is expected, trashing people behind their back with vile bitterness shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3197928;
    That is exactly what I was thinking!! After coming out of the house and talking with Julie the other night, he sure didn't know about any alliance since week four. And now all of the sudden he does???
    That is too fishy for me.....
    They have already had the jury's questions to the F2 (which will be on tonight's show). I suspect that maybe Dan and Memphis finally told the jury about their alliance.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

The jury questions won't be until Tuesday. At least thats how its been done in the past. Tonights show is "The final 2 look back" ....clips they haven't shown before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast