+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BB10: Interview with Renny: "Age is always a factor."

BB10: Interview with Renny: "Age is always a factor."

On the outs this week was Renny Martyn, the beauty salon owner from New Orleans, Louisiana. One of two parental figures in the house this season, Renny had her motherly moments giving haircuts and hugs, but she also had plenty of wild times. She also showed clearly that being the house mom doesn’t equate with being spineless.

Hi Renny, thanks for answering our questions. First off, is there anything you did in the house that you’re going to have to answer for when you get home?

No, the only people I have to answer to is myself and the man upstairs.

What move in the game did you make that you are proud of?

Getting April evicted.

Was it hard to fit in with so many younger houseguests, or was age much of a factor once everyone settled in?

Age is always a factor when you’re dealing with much younger people. They stay up much longer hours and they have a lot more in common. However, I was always confident and friendly enough to mix well amongst all houseguests.

Who were you the most wrong about after your first impressions of the other houseguests?

No one.

Who surprised you?

No one.

Every year there is a theme of keeping one’s integrity in a game that relies on deception. Where do you draw the line between personal integrity – keeping one’s word – and using lies to get ahead in the game?

There is no way any one could play the Big Brother game and not lie. I do not draw a line between personal integrity and keeping one’s word to advance myself to the best of my knowledge in a game show.

Who would you say is the sneakiest player left in the house, and why?

Jerry.

Who do you think is ultimately responsible for your eviction, and how did it happen?

I blame myself for not winning the POV, Jerry for not protecting my vote by putting Memphis and Dan on the block, and Memphis and Dan for evicting me.

Is there anything you want America to know about you or your time on the show?

I want America to know that Renny genuinely is a loving woman with a big heart. My personality is unique in the sense I have my own style and I know who I am.

Who was more annoying to you in the house, Jerry or Jessie? Why?

They both were annoying; who could live with either of them? They’re both nightmares.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 09-14-2008 at 01:24 PM.

FORT Fan

Re: BB10: Interview with Renny: "Age is always a factor."

Her picture for CBS is photoshopped. Look at the difference in the eyes of the 2 pictures!

I miss Renny. Thanks for the interview, hepcat.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Thanks for the interview.. as always

I only wish should have had more to say, I oved to listen toh er talk int he back yard. I will miss this one more than any of the past hampsters sent packing. I did luv Renny
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

There is no way any one could play the Big Brother game and not lie. I do not draw a line between personal integrity and keeping one’s word to advance myself to the best of my knowledge in a game show.
    One of the reasons I love Renny, she didn't get into all that self-righteous crapola about lying and deceiving. She understood it was just a game.

Thanks for the interview, hep! Renny is one of my favorite houseguests of all time, she sure made the feeds fun. You are definitely missed, Renny-roo!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I will miss Renny, too. I really wish she had gone farther than Jerry who doesn't deserve to be in the final four, although I have to admit he earned it in some of the competitions.
    Wouldn't it be great to have an all star season with players over 40? Renny, Chicken George, Jerry, ED (yuk), Sheila to name a few. I forget the woman's name that was in Season One who was contemplating divorce but her, too. The only thing is that Showtime after dark would be incredibly boring.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, hep! I wish she'd answered the rest of your question and told us why she found Jerry the sneakiest.
    I actually was surprised she was so curt with so many of her answers, except when talking about herself....maybe you hit her on a down moment.

I miss Renny, she was one of my favorites from the very beginning! I think that she may have gone farther with the alliance except for those few times that she kind of flip flopped and raised the red flags with Dan and Memphis!

She I believe is a real old fashioned southern darling. IMO she was one who did stay as true to herself as much as one possibly could in this game. Thanks for the interview Hepcat!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3191845;
    Thanks, hep! I wish she'd answered the rest of your question and told us why she found Jerry the sneakiest.
    I actually was surprised she was so curt with so many of her answers, except when talking about herself....maybe you hit her on a down moment.
    I think some people just aren't computer or email people. These interviews are by email because CBS wants to screen every question, and they don't want anyone to get any info that might influence their jury vote. They also limit us to 10 questions...I know if I could talk to Renny in person she'd be a lot more of a talker, don't you think?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think so, hep. I just watched her on Housecalls today and she seemed to ramble on a bit after each question. She's definitely a talker.

Thanks for the interview!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread