+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Good Old Fashioned Boredom

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

8/12 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Good Old Fashioned Boredom

**This recap covers noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday, BB time**

Welcome hamster watchers for another scintillating, exciting, exasperatingly boring day in the Big Brother house. So my father in law has this theory that every time he goes over the drawbridge in his town, he has to hide his face because they see him coming. It always seems to go up as soon as he heads for it. Well, my friends, that theory totally transcends into me and the BB house. My fellow recappers get sex romps, screaming matches, knock down-dragouts. I get, well, nothing. So it is my conspiracy that the BB players know that I'm recapping today. They wake up and say "marybethp has these next 24 hours. We must be more boring than we usually are and talk about nothing for hours on end. She likes that".

In a new BB twist, the houseguests on the block get zapped into space instead of evicted

In all seriousness, I can't even write more than a few paragraphs without my head hitting the desk. Since I already did the ABC's of the house, you'll just have to settle for your favorite and mine....The List

Here's a rundown of the last 24 hours in the BB house.
    • Dan visited italy with a school trip for free.
    • Michelle hasn't seen her grandparents in 9 years
    • Memphis played a joke on Dan by hiding in the jack shack (ahhh, memories). It did scare the crap out of him.
    • Keesha and Dan then starting doing the "one-up" game by trying to outdo each other. Dan hid Gizmo's toy and wouldn't give it back - actually holding it for ransom, Keesha put yogurt on Dan's flip flops and told him a bird targeted them. Keesha froze Dan's underwear. It's actually been fun to watch. Dan at least tries to make fun out of the monotony of the house.
    • Renny ironed. I told you it was boring.
    • Some of the houseguests had a hot dog fight.

I feel the exact same way, Renny

Pause for a quick strategy discussion. Memphis and Dan want Renny to win HoH so they can have a safe week. Wow, that's some major strategy. Back to the list.
    • Memphis would love to do the Amazing Race (OMG Memphis and Phil Keoghan in the same show? I don't think I could stand it)
    • Keesha says she's not up for Survivor, but she'd love to do it.
    • Dan, Michelle and Renny start playing word games. First they play the ABC game. Name fruit/cities/beer/etc. in alphabetical order. We get excellent guesses like "edible apples" for E, "Ice cold coors light" for I, and "Victor, MD" for V. Michelle actually apologizes to the state of Maryland for making up a name. They then get into the Would You Rather game. Would you rather drown or be buried alive. Hell, I'd take either of it after watching this.
    • Libra and Memphis chit chat and discuss how Libra should leave the house because she's not the huggy type. I vote quickly so I don't have to look at your sorry self anymore.

Just how is that hat staying on his head?

Continuing on with our list
    • We have a halfway cake. Or an almost halfway cake. Or an excuse to give them cake, cake.
    • In the world of the BB conspiracy, Michelle is convinced there's a big twist coming. She said she knows BB like the back of her hand. Well, Michelle, if you knew anything about BB, you would know they promise big twists, and you get nothing. Good day, sir.
    • Dan gave some clues to Keesha to help find Gizmo's toy. "It sleeps with the fishes" It took them awhile, but they found it in the basket by the fishtank.
    • We then had the embarassing story game which basically entailed the beginning, middle and end of a story with lots of fish in between. So we never really got the full story. Although we did learn that Michelle's mom woke her up to tell her that her phone was vibrating, but it wasn't her phone *wink wink, nudge nudge*. Dan didn't get it. Good thing his name isn't Bob.
    • We move along to a more graphic came of "I've never" where Michelle lets us know she's never, um, had sex with a friends ex and Keesha's never hired a prostitute. Aim high, Girls. Dan bows out of the game. Funny and smart, that Dan.
    • We then move along to even a more vulgar game, which suffice it to say Dan stayed out of and my ears started to bleed. Moving on...

So pausing for a bit more game talk. Memphis says that they have to put April up and that if Jerry won PoV they would have to threaten him to keep her up there. Memphis says that he would say he nominated her because her clothes are worth $20,000. Of course by then, they might be worth $30,000.
    • April and Ollie have a discussion about how April would take such good care of him if he moved to Arizona. Oh yeah, I bet she'd take really good care of him - just like she is in the BB house.
    • Everyone decides to eat like they were dying because it was almost midnight and they were going to be back on slop. Everyone stuffs their face and it gets even quieter than it had been.
    • Renny plays a joke that she ate some food and had to take a penalty nomination, but it fell flat. She's adorable, but cannot pull of practical jokes to save her life.
    • The houseguests turn in early so I don't have to endure any more boredom

Red Rover, Red Rover, we call the Green Giant over

The houseguests wake up and Dan makes some slopcakes. Michelle takes some pictures for the HoH blog in which Libra decides she doesn't want to be in. Michelle tells her they aren't for her, they're for the blog, but spoiled sport Libra just says no and shuts the door. The rest of the morning is just general chit-chat with picture taking and a really bad Gilligan hat for Keesha.

That, my friends, has to be the #1 most boring day in the Big Brother house. Thanks for reading the drivel and here's to a night with some alcohol induced fighting.

Is your boyfriend's name Bob? I don't wanna know...PM someone else!

CCL

Re: 8/12 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Good Old Fashioned Boredom

What you endure for us, marybeth! Eternal thanks.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Beam us ALL up, Scotty! At least there no uglysex, and no prominent nose-picking by Jerry. Count your blessings.

Nice job!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Memphis would love to do the Amazing Race (OMG Memphis and Phil Keoghan in the same show? I don't think I could stand it)
    Now that would be some good TV.

For a snoozer of a day, you sure made it funny, marybeth!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3164830;
    **This recap covers noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday, BB time**
    [*]Memphis would love to do the Amazing Race (OMG Memphis and Phil Keoghan in the same show? I don't think I could stand it)
    Think we can line up Kayser as Memphis' Race partner? Imagine the ratings!!

you poor thing! Hope your next recap day is filled with crazy fights and total silliness-maybe they can slip them something stronger than beer.

Can't decide if I like the alcohol induced fighting more or not...thanks for the recap.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

you make a whole lot of nothing sound real good, MBP! great job.

A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Awesome job turning nothing into something! Thanks a bunch!

Okay, I "get" the vibrating phone thing that Dan didn't, but I don't get the next sentence about his name not being Bob.... ?
    Funny recap of a yawner day - thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast