+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Someoneís a Week Late (and Itís Not April)

7/25 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Someoneís a Week Late (and Itís Not April)

**This is a recap of events from noon Friday to noon Saturday, BB Time**

Let’s turn back the clock several days to when Steven made that bold proposal to Michelle, Jessie and Memphis that they use Michelle’s newly-won veto to backdoor the unpopular yet dominating Libra. He managed to get their wheels turning for a while, but ultimately they decided to stick to their Master Plan, and evicted Steven, friend of their ally Angie and also a friend of the floater Keesha.

What a difference a week makes: Now Keesha is a Team QBL-approved HoH, and Jessie and Angie are on the block. Where would we be right now if Michelle had decided to roll the dice and shake up the house? Certainly not here…

Previously, on Big Brother Live Feed Recap…

As marybethp vividly recounted yesterday, we left Keesha talking to Libra and April after having been proposed to (on bended knee no less) by Jessie. What he proposed, interestingly enough, was the very same deal that he had turned down from Steven a week ago: if the upcoming veto challenge works in her favor, use it to backdoor Libra. Keesha, ever the captive audience, seemed to sincerely consider it. But once Jessie (finally) leaves and Libra and April (who had been literally scratching at the door during their chat) enter, Keesha instantly spills the entire conversation to them. So much for Keesha being a floater…she finally remembered that it was the women who floated who were declared witches in old Salem, and promptly burned at the stake.

Just before this flurry of wheeling and non-dealing, the players for the Veto Comp were chosen: Playing alongside Keesha, Angie and Jessie will be Libra, Ollie and Memphis.

To maximize the fun in your life, try combining all your favorite activities at once.

While waiting for the comp to begin, Jessie retreats to the sauna room with Michelle and they gleefully imagine what next week will be like after Libra is backdoored, and Michelle wins HoH. To hear Jessie tell it, he totally won Keesha over and it’s in the bag. Meanwhile, Keesha is reassuring Librapril, Renny and Ollie that if someone takes Angie or Jessie off the block, she’ll probably have to put up Michelle. Ollie can’t wait to see Michelle’s face when that happens. I’m surprised he even knows what Michelle’s face looks like, since he spends so much time under the covers with April…but more on that later.

And the Winner (By Default) Is…

Soon come the fishes, followed by trivia, and eventually the feeds return to show Jessie in a green unitard, cleaning himself up and not looking happy. We learn that Keesha has successfully defended the Power of Veto, but neither The Nerdnificent Seven (Mean Girls plus Dan, Ollie and Jerry) nor Team JAMM are celebrating just yet. What might Keesha do after having everyone plant ideas in her head all morning? She is already sick of hearing the incessant ring of that HoH doorbell. Renny remarks, “I guess you'll have a LOT of visitors now!”

With Keesha apparently content to be a Mean Girl, let’s see what this does to my patented Alliance Wheel™:

With Steven gone, things become a lot simpler, but there are still enough secret sub-alliances to keep the game interesting for a while.

Anyhoo, the POV was an endurance comp, and the players were dressed as flowers, and had to sit in pots full of soil and ‘fertilizer’ and worm food. Libra wondered to Keesha afterward, why did Memphis stay in so long if he claimed he wasn’t going to use the veto? You see, in Libraland, no one should even be perceived as playing to win in any game, lest they be branded a witch. One wonders if Libra’s husband and children are ever allowed to speak to the neighbors…

Talk Is Cheap, and On Sale All Day and Night

Well, Renny called it, because that HoH doorbell continues to take a beating. Team Librapril and the occasional male underling come up for some refried JAMM bashing. Meanwhile, Jessie and Michelle (remember when Memphis was part of all this?) tell Angie that she should go up and talk to Keesha alone (which she still hasn’t done), and tell her that she would “owe her” if Jessie goes this week. Angie, who has pretty much resigned herself to leaving, says she will try, sort of. Mostly she just wants to set the record straight on all the gameplay to date, since she and Keesha never talk game. J&M also plan on spreading gossip among the Seven to try and spark some infighting within the ranks. Later, when the Nerd Herd minus Libra are again in the HoH, Libra’s minions surprise us by bashing her for a while. (Maybe there’s hope for some of these people yet!) But soon they are back to bashing Angie, and the world resumes spinning on its axis.

After eating dinner, Angie slowly and circuitously makes her way up to talk to Keesha. They surprisingly find some common ground quickly, mostly their fondness for Steven and their regret for voting with the herd to evict him, and their dislike/distrust of Libra. But apparently that’s not enough to make Keesha go back on her word, which means a lot to her.

(psst Keesha, if you win this without going back on your word at least once, you’ll be the first in BB history to do so)

Both of them get things off their chests, misunderstandings are cleared up; it all goes quite pleasantly. But it doesn’t change a thing. Angie’s demeanor suggests that she knew it wouldn’t; she even suggested that Keesha take Jessie off the block instead of her if someone other than Libra is going up, because she can’t stand being in the house with her anymore. It’s an honest sentiment, but it also seems as if Angie has lost her taste for the game, and is quite ready to leave.

”I wonder what people who aren’t tight with the HoH are eating tonight?”

Jessie and Michelle resolve to trail Keesha until the veto ceremony, just like the way Libra trailed her from the moment she won HoH. Michelle voices her regret for not using the veto last week. Jessie then goes up to take his turn with Keesha, but there isn’t much to say that wasn’t already said earlier today. Keesha can’t go back on her word. She also challenges Jessie’s claim that he only nominated Steven because it was what the others wanted. (Actually that much is true, but it’s too late to unring the bell at this point). She thinks he doesn’t want to take responsibility for his gameplay (which is also true, but not in this one case). Jessie then pours on some thick, rich Libra-bashing, painting her as a backstabbing liar who will not hesitate to throw Keesha under the proverbial, and soon. Keesha doesn’t completely disagree, but (say it with me) she can’t go back on her word.

After this breaks up, the rest of the Seven crew wander on in, and the Jessie/Angie bashing continues. Angie is now referred to as “the black widow”. Jerry plays cheerleader and states that the final 4 will come from this group of 7. (psst Jerry, there really isn’t an alliance of 7. You, Dan and Ollie are to be dumped at the earliest opportunity by the Mean Girls. And it’s still debatable how many girls are included in that group…)

After the Nerdlings disperse, the Mean Girls decide it would be fun to take an HoH bath together. (!) Libra, April and Keesha get into their bikinis and hop into a bubble bath, which is still decorated with rubber ducks like the ones used in Dr. Will’s legendary bath-time stories. Renny sticks around, but decides not to join in the gang-soak as the tub seems too small for three mean girls and a madcap lady.

Rub-a-dub-dub, the line to kiss our feet forms on the right, bub.

While the ladybubbles flow in the HoH, the men of Nerdland (Dan, Ollie and Jerry) hang in the living room, and the now-subdued JAMMers find themselves outside on the patio (admittedly their favorite hangout, but the symbolism weighs a little heavier in the background now). The groups remain divided this way until people start heading for bed. (And you know what that means for April and Ollie…yes, we get to witness another quickie with the lights on. I am going to stick my neck out right now, and predict that this season, we will witness the first accidental pregnancy ever in a BB house. Watch this space!)

”Time! Wait, which one of us was supposed to pee on the stick?”

The JAMMers decide they will play a game of Neverending Story before going to sleep. They all climb into their beds and start making up vile stories in rounds, involving such varied characters and situations as Ronald Reagan, W, pig monsters, a snot-rocket trip to the Angie Star near Pluto, hemorrhoids, Preparation H, Michael Jackson and his pet monkey, and the cast of 90210. I’d love to know what their dreams are going to be like tonight. The game dies down, and the house is quiet and dark neon-green until late Saturday morning.

BB let the fishies sleep later than usual, and once they are awake, there is little to report other than Jerry heroically stepping on a cockroach for Libra, Dan asking Renny to put suntan lotion on his back (she asks him why he never asks the younger girls…hmm...), and…ah! Jessie is up in HoH, giving a repeat performance of the exact same speechathon that he gave to Keesha exactly 24 hours ago! (Today’s is a little more urgent-sounding, with Jessie adding the analogy of “being in jail for something that others did”). If they were wearing the same clothes as yesterday, this shift could have been edited into a perfect loop like in Groundhog Day. Only less funny. Way less funny. Will our tiny-headed Phil Connor break through our gopher-toothed Andie McKeesha’s icy heart on the third try?

Don’t drive angry! Don’t drive angry!

Some random shiftings:
    • Jessie likes to play with his bellybutton, but he hates having his nipples touched.
    • For the veto comp, the players were told not to wear underwear under their tights.
    • During player selection, Steven’s name got picked. His button was still in the bag. Angie took it as an omen.
    • Libra came in second. She later cried that she’s tired of always coming in second in everything. Let’s hope this pattern continues if she makes it to the finals. She referred to herself as “the #2 queen” – and I couldn’t agree more.
    • Keesha told April and Renny that she trusts them more than anyone in the house. She trusts Ollie too, but A&R are her inner circle. Libra can be found about a half-mile outside the circle using GPS.
    • It’s Renny’s birthday this coming Tuesday, and she expects BB to celebrate it. She even says so to a camera or two.
    • Jerry has struck a secret 1-on-1 alliance with Ollie. They shook hands on it, and Jerry offered his patented “X” sign as a way for them to communicate in the house. Ollie’s restraint at this suggestion was impressive.
    • Jerry put the fear of Libra into Dan by accusing him of aligning with the enemy because he played a game with Angie and Michelle. Dan disagreed that you can’t mingle with people from other camps in the house, but thanked Jerry for the advice.
    • April and Ollie wonder if it would be smarter to get rid of Jessie this week. They think America is watching them and wondering why they aren’t dumping him now while they can.
    • Jessie wonders to Michelle if the Seven will suddenly turn smart and get rid of him this week.
    • Michelle still thinks Keesha is only on BB as a way to become a movie star.
    • While getting ready for bed in the bathroom, Michelle asks Jessie if he’s ever had a pimple. He says he has, but he's not about to pop them in a mirror on national television (could it be he's the only one who has figured out this whole camera thing?)
    • Jessie claims to have lost 6 pounds in 2 days from the stress of being on the block again. I thought his head was looking even smaller…

To find out how much more paranoid these nutcases can get on a day with nothing planned, come back tomorrow for AshleyPSU’s live feed rundown. Same BB time, same BB channel.

Do you wish you could turn back time? PM me and we’ll drown our sorrows.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-26-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Re: 7/25 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Someoneís a Week Late (and Itís Not April)

”Time! Wait, which one of us was supposed to pee on the stick?”

She referred to herself as “the #2 queen” – and I couldn’t agree more.

Jessie claims to have lost 6 pounds in 2 days from the stress of being on the block again. I thought his head was looking even smaller…
    Hee! Terrific recap, MFW!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/25 Big Brother Live Feed Recap: Someoneís a Week Late (and Itís Not April)

Great recap, MFWalkoff!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Hee. Great recap, MF!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Great recap

Keesha and her "keeping her word" is really frustrating me. Put Libra on the block!

And thanks for the great recap, MFW!
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

You had me at the title!

Awesome job, MFW!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Good lord, the alliance wheel. Fantastic recap! You took banality and turned it into something that's actually interesting to read - wow!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks for the great recap!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

yes, we get to witness another quickie with the lights on. I am going to stick my neck out right now, and predict that this season, we will witness the first accidental pregnancy ever in a BB house. Watch this space!)
    LOL
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast