+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 BB Live Feed Recap: If a Secret is Really Lame, Do You Still Want to Hear it?

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar

9/9 BB Live Feed Recap: If a Secret is Really Lame, Do You Still Want to Hear it?

This recap covers noon Sunday to noon Monday, house time.

Welcome to another exciting Sunday in the BB house! Let’s start out today by reading a little bit of Zach’s letter from his family…

“Excitement is high, so finish with honor.”

What? Is there such a thing as honor in this game? Zach seems to think so, and thinks that his dad’s insightful words mean that he should behave honorably toward Jameka, and that is why he did not put her up on the block. Well, he wanted to be honorable, and he wanted to get rid of Dick or Daniele. Probably Dick more, because although Dani whines all the time, I don’t think she’s called Zach a “motherf****r” yet, and he probably appreciates that.

See, Zach? This is why people think you're gross!

Zach and Jameka are in the HOH room, talking strategy and wondering what the POV Competition will entail. Jameka comments that it will probably be an obstacle course, and Zach agrees and thinks it was foreshadowed by the strong man competition the HGs held earlier in the season. I don’t know how an event planned by the HGs can foreshadow an event planned by the BB powers that be, but whatever.

Zach tells Jameka that he is not cutting a deal with Dick and Daniele, and if Dick pulls Jameka aside and tells her that he has a deal with Zach, she’ll know that means Dick’s flipping out and is not as pulled together as he seems. Jameka replies by saying “Glorify, oh God, testimony of your greatness,” which I think is just a perfect response.

The remaining HGs are all nervous for the POV Competition that will be starting any time. Dick deals with his stress by turning on some Motley Crue and rocking out! He’s wearing headphones, but they’re not holding him back because he’s doing a lot of thrashing around and playing a mean air guitar. He’s dancing so exuberantly, that the other HGs can hear his stomping all the way in the kitchen. Even when Dick isn’t in the room, he still wants everybody to pay attention to him. My little brother used to be like that… when he was about 3 years old. He outgrew it eventually and is now 24. Dick is 44 and there’s no maturity in sight.

Doesn't this picture sort of look like Dick has his hand down his pants?

Everyone is dealing with their nerves differently. Zach and Jameka hang out in the HOH room and talk about how they need to work harder than Dick and Dani, pray for their victory, and stretch in case it’s a physical competition. Dick and Daniele hang out in the kitchen and make fun of Zach’s ex-girlfriend, and talk about how ugly she must be since she is 22 and Zach is 30. I guess Dick never taught his kids the important lesson of how beauty is only skin deep, because he never learned it himself. He goes on to complain that BB bought him the wrong kind of cigarettes, but he continues to smoke them. He’s just not happy about it.

We finally go to trivia which means the HGs finally get to compete for POV, and when they come back, Dick is so excited I figure that either they brought Jen back and let him spit on her, or else he or Dani won the POV. No spitting occurred, and Dani won the POV. BB tells her that she has to use it on herself and nominate Jameka, and Dani tells them that she can use it on Dick, or not use it all, and they aren’t the bosses of her, and she’ll do what she wants! She might not have said those exact words, but I’m sure that was what she was thinking.

Dick must be feeling diplomatic, because he gives Jameka a speech about how he is sad that his happiness is coming at her expense. Instead of telling him to suck it, Jameka replies “Mmmmmm-hmmmm,” and then says some nonsense about how she wouldn’t even have made it this far without Dick and Dani and their “deal” from last week. She then makes me throw up a little when she tells Dick that he and Dani really deserve to be happy because they’ve earned it. Wow- I can’t wait until she watches the show. I’m sure it will make her say “Mmmmmmm-hmmmmmm” even more than usual!

Never one to be a gracious winner, (especially when he is not the one who actually won anything), Dick repeatedly cheers and tells Dani that they’ve won- they’re going to be final 2, and one of them is taking home the big money. Dani remarks that the cameras probably hate her now, and Dick tells her no way- she is America’s sweetheart. Um, yeah. Again, I can’t wait until they watch the show.

Dani and Dick are obviously happy to see Zach.

Dick decides that as happy as Dani winning the POV made him, fighting with Zach will make him even happier. Zach tries to explain that he knew he didn’t have a shot, but had to go for it anyway. Dick disagrees and tells him that his speech was stupid, and he is stupid! Zach thinks that if he had his dad in the house, they would have done really well too, and Dick thinks that comment is even stupider than his speech. Dani chimes in and says that was the stupidest comment of the summer. I heartily disagree because Amber probably said the stupidest thing heard in that house all summer within the first three minutes of her arrival. As for Zach and his dad kicking butt… I don’t doubt it, but I don’t want to see it. And that’s all I have to say about that.

The fight (of course) goes on and on, Zach makes some good points about how Dani carried Dick through the game, and Dick swears a lot. Eventually Dick screams that Zach is a racist, and with that, Zach is done with that conversation. Dick explains to Jameka that Zach once said “That’s very white of you” to Eric, which if it’s true, was absolutely inappropriate. Jameka replies “Mmmmmmm-hmmmm.” Dick’s ranting goes on and on and on, and here’s a little bit of what he touched on:

• Zach thinks that Dani would win over Dick, and Zach would take Dani to the final 2 rather than Dick. Dick doesn’t care about this, because he thinks that means Dani would win, but I’ll bet Dick could buy a lot of Suicidal Tendencies shirts with $500k!
    • Zach was talking crap about Jameka last week. This could be true, but I don’t think Jameka believes it because she says she wants to see the tapes.
    • Everyone in the house was phony, especially Jen with her bible. No one had any integrity.
    • They carried Zach, but he went back on a deal and they should have cut him loose.
    • Zach’s speech was stupid, and Dick’s mad that he talked about muscles. Oookay.

Dani chimes in and tells Dick that she is shocked at the audacity of the other HGs for the comments they made about her this summer. I think that’s directed at you, Eric. Dick has the decency to admit that he said a lot of pretty terrible things too, but Dani doesn’t care, because they weren’t about her.

"It's sooo fruuuuusstraating when people are mean!!"

Jameka corners Zach in the HOH room, and tells him to lay it all out, and she will take that information back to the sequester house with her for the jury. He tells her that the Mrs. Robinson Alliance was a stupid mistake and fell apart when the group split- Nick and Zach wanted to keep Dick in the game, and Kail and Mike wanted to keep Joe. After the split, Zach aligned with Nick and Mike, but Nick got close with Dani and Kail got close with Jen and spilled the beans about the MRA. He goes on to say that he promised Jen that he would not put her up if he won HOH. He and Jessica made deals not to put each other up if either of them won HOH. He was still aligned with Mike and Nick, but they both went home. After Nick left, Dani didn't have anybody and she clung to Zach for comfort, (I’m sure this will be a surprise to Dani), and when that stopped, Zach spent an entire month alone and came up with a new strategy.

Jameka absorbs all of this information, and then reveals that many HGs (and live feed recappers) were annoyed by Zach. Zach is actually shocked, because he had no idea he annoyed people! They talk more game, and then Zach gives a moving speech about how he is so glad that he got to have this experience, and it has been incredible, and he hopes it will help his career. He really hopes that CBS will run with his idea for a reality TV show, (sorry Zach, Pirate Master’s already been done, and it flopped), and also hopes to get some commercial work.

Zach segues into talking about how he could be with so many beautiful women when he leaves the house, but all he wants to do is get back together with his ex-girlfriend, He really hopes that she’s at the wrap party, and since I’m feeling generous, I hope that she is too.

Then he reveals that he has a deep, dark secret, and Jameka has to promise not to tell Dick and Daniele, because they absolutely cannot know because it is just that shocking! Are you dying to know what it is? Zach’s secret… is that he… wait for it, wait for it… plays professional chess online! What? Really? Jameka voices my thoughts exactly when she tells him that’s not shocking at all. Zach thinks the chess is the reason he got on the show, but I think it was his interpersonal skills. He promises that his how he makes his living will be revealed at the wrap party, and that it has something to do with graphic design, but a little bit more. Well! I’ll bet Jameka can hardly wait. Then he reveals that he and his dad often go out for beers and discuss Star Trek, and with that, so many of my questions about Zach are answered.

Over in D&D land, Dick is complaining that his shoulder really hurts, and he’s afraid the HOH competition will aggravate it further and be too hard for him. Dani suggests that he go into the DR to tell BB that his shoulder hurts, and to make sure the HOH Competition is not too hard for him. Dick does this, and I’m not sure how BB responded, but I hope it was by saying something like “You’d better do some hardcore yoga to get in shape before the competition then, my friend. And why don’t you go ahead and lay off the air guitar while you’re at it.”

Back with Jameka and Zach; Zach is talking about his ex-girlfriend again. Although his parents are against it, he wants to move in with her and thinks that if he proposes, it would be appropriate for them to live together. I think it would be more appropriate if they actually got back together first, but I’m weird like that.

Jameka changes the subject and talks about how much she is going to lay into Eric when she sees him in the sequester house. She figures she’ll give herself a day to rest and get acquainted with the house, and then watch out Eric! I think that if she gives herself a day, during that day Eric will manage to completely talk her out of being mad at him, and in fact will make her think that they are the best of friends.

At this point, I don't think it's going to help.

Zach hits the sack early, and Jameka takes some quiet time to read her bible, but Dani and Dick stay up for a while. Dick takes the opportunity to rant about the game, and Zach, and tells Dani that he is going to call Zach a racist in his speech. He remarks that he thinks the “internet people” are really amused by his ranting, and I have to say he couldn’t be further from the truth.

The many (bratty) faces of Dani:

Dani turns in, but Dick can’t sleep as usual, and wanders around talking to himself and swearing about Zach. He rocks out to his CD again, and it doesn’t look to me like he’s in any pain, but hey- I’m not a doctor. He complains about the ant infestation, swears about Zach some more, and then finally goes to bed for a few hours.

The next morning Dani makes a delicious breakfast of chocolate chip cookies, and for the first time ever, I wish I was in the BB House. Well, that’s a lie. There was a part of me that wished I was in the BB House when Neil Patrick Harris showed up to give out Christmas presents because my 13th year was all about Doogie Howser, M.D. Cookies for breakfast though- that’s just awesome.

Jeez- pull your pants up, for gosh sakes! That's your dad in the room with you!

Aside from the cookies, some more swearing and a cleaning frenzy from Dick, not much more happens on my shift. Jameka keeps remarking that she wants to go home now instead of waiting until Thursday, and I only hope that she feels the same way when it’s revealed that the live elimination will take place on Tuesday.

Thanks so much to the wonderful Jewelsy and fabulous Snapit for taking the excellent screencaps I stole,er, borrowed for this recap.
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Re: 9/9 BB Live Feed Recap: If a Secret is Really Lame, Do You Still Want to Hear it?

Thanks for the recap/update!
    "Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Always shoot for the moon. That way, even if you fall short you are still among the stars!"
    (Don't remember who said this, I just like it )

Re: 9/9 BB Live Feed Recap: If a Secret is Really Lame, Do You Still Want to Hear it?

Jeez- pull your pants up, for gosh sakes! That's your dad in the room with you!
    My thoughts exactly.

Excellent recap!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

lei
    FORT Fogey

Then he reveals that he and his dad often go out for beers and discuss Star Trek, and with that, so many of my questions about Zach are answered.
    Another hilarious recap, SEM!

I really don't know how y'all manage to watch these people so much but I sure appreciate that you do.

Thanks for the recap, SEM. It's almost like you re-cappers have to sit through the bore-fests repeatedly but you always manage to present some fun/funny stuff for the rest of us.

I especially like your funny little dry "asides".

Example ...

" Zach thinks the chess is the reason he got on the show, but I think it was his interpersonal skills."

Thanks again.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Excellent job SEM!!! LOVE the faces of Dani!!

Dick explains to Jameka that Zach once said “That’s very white of you” to Eric, which if it’s true, was absolutely inappropriate.
    He sure did say that. Jess even asked him what it meant.

Wonderfully snarky recap, SEM!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Then he reveals that he and his dad often go out for beers and discuss Star Trek, and with that, so many of my questions about Zach are answered

Awesome recap, SEM!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fanatic

Excellent recap as always! I'm still chuckling over Zach's secret. Thanks!

Great recap, SEM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast