+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 Live Feed Recap - I Ain't Mad At Cha, Got Nothin But Love For Ya

8/18 Live Feed Recap - I Ain't Mad At Cha, Got Nothin But Love For Ya

This recap covers Saturday noon to Sunday noon, house time.

Hallelujah! I tune in just in time for Amber and Jameka’s latest Gospel meeting. Amber is telling Jameka that she prayed and trusts God to help her in the upcoming POV competition. Apparently, they’ve learned that the first and second place winners in the veto competition get to leave the house for a trip together. Poor delusional Amber also believes that the two of them on the block together was all part of God’s plan so they can win the prize and get away together. It’s a miracle! They break from the prayer talk to discuss a little game and I’m sure that’s alright with God. After all, he’s interested in this game too, ya know? They think if one of them wins the veto, Eric will go up. Jameka is called to the diary room and Amber encourages her to say a prayer in there, right in front of the cameras and crew, and not to let them stop her. Jameka assures her that she will do it. Making a big production out of it will surely score more points with God. On her way to the diary room, Jameka stops to let Dani know that she isn’t mad at her for the nomination. She’s just taking time to get her game together.

Meanwhile, Eric and Jess spend time flirting as they hang out in the living room. Jess wants to know how well he knows her since they’ve lived together for 50 days now. He’s smacking loudly on cereal and talking with his mouth full but surprisingly, she understands him. She probably thinks it’s cute. He knows her name, her height, her dog’s name, and other cutesy things. This evolves into a true/false trivia game about themselves and Dick, Dani, and Zach join in. I learn that Zach had his first kiss at 17. He was stung in the right ear by a hummingbird in the first grade; and he had blue hair for one weekend in high school. Jess has a little area with a couch in her room that she calls the Passion Pit. She's also had the same black and pink book bag since she was a junior in high school; and she has a dog named Diva with a blue bed. Oh, and her family enjoys drinking tequila. As they watch her with Eric, I bet they’re enjoying plenty of it.

The veto competition begins and of course, we get the usual trivia for nearly an hour and a half. I have only one thing to say to you about this, BB…..EIGHT SEASONS! After eight freaking seasons, surely we can get some new trivia questions. Whaddaya say, BB?

Feeds return and the POV winner is…..Dani! She and Amber have won the mystery trip and will visit the real world sometime soon. Amber and Jameka are trying to figure out which one of them will be voted out. Amber’s confused about why she lost the competition because she had her vision of winning and prayed for God’s help. Jameka reminds her that everything happens for a reason. She says she isn’t mad at God and prays a prayer of thanks. Amber cries that she wants to go home; and in the next breath, she worries about what she’ll wear on her outing with Dani. She thinks Dani may offer her a deal to remove her from the block in exchange for a promise not to nominate her or Dick. If so, Jameka isn’t sure she should take it because they may need to use one of them as a pawn. In the kitchen, Dani tells Dick that she’ll make a deal with Amber while they‘re gone. She’ll take Amber off, put Jen up and have her voted out. She and Jameka will both be safe in exchange for a promise not to nominate Dick or Dani. Sounds like Amber’s conjecture isn’t far off. Perhaps she had another vision.

The houseguests speculate about where the lucky two could be going. They think it’s most likely to a movie. Dani hopes they get to go to Universal Studios but Dick thinks it’ll be some cross-promotional thing for Big Brother. Zach guesses that they’re going to the finale of Pirate Master and we get flushed away. Apparently, they aren’t allowed to talk about the show that almost was. It sounds like the veto competition was another Q & A that involved the recent CBS poll about the houseguests. Did you know that 47% of America thinks that Joe is a better boyfriend than Dustin? Or that 35% thinks that Zach was the sexiest bunny? *gag* Count me in the other 65%, please.

America’s little stoolie tells Jameka that she shouldn’t worry. He tells her that either she or Amber will come off the block and Jen will go up and to sequester. Jameka isn’t sure but Eric says he’s guessing it’ll happen based on everything Dick and Dani have done. Jameka and Amber then talk God and game again. Jameka tells Amber to quit saying that she wants to go home and even quotes the Bible as a reason. She suggests that one of them is going to win HOH next and maybe that’s what Amber’s vision meant. Amber questions her about whether or not she should take a deal. Jameka says it’s not in line with the way they want to play the game, then she shouldn’t take it. She reminds her what happened to Kail when Dani promised her she’d be safe. She advises her to turn it down if Dani says “me and my dad.” However, Amber is worried that Dani may tell her to take the deal or she’ll be voted out. Jameka doesn’t think that will happen because Eric hinted it would be Jen going to sequester regardless. Amber then wonders if she should at least make a one week deal and Jameka thinks that would be okay. Sheesh, I think Amber should make her own decision. Jameka starts to say that Amber should bring her into the deal but Amber thinks that would only clue everyone in on how close the two of them are. Yeah, because nobody has figured that out.

It’s hammock time for Amber and God. She begins with, “I’m not mad at you, God,” and thanks him for the trip that she won. She’s learned so much while in the house and knows she’s there for a reason. Maybe she’ll even become an inspirational speaker. She trusts him wholeheartedly and really wants to go to nursing school..…or be a model. Since this stuff writes itself, I’ll just quote Amber here. “I have a really pretty face. I have a really pretty everything. Maybe someone will discover me.” Yeah, she said it. She wraps up her prayer by reminding God how much she loves him. “I love you, God. I love you. I love you.” I think Skippy is bored or maybe just tired of looking at Amber because he pans up to give us a nice long look at the big, blue sky.

Little Gems We Could Always Do Without
    • Nick, Mike, and Jen applied for Survivor.
    • Eric doesn’t know how to ride a bike.
    • Growing up, Jen did all of her own school projects.
    • Dick notices that the rubber ducky is missing from the pool.
    • Dani once gave Nick a wedgie.
    • Eric wipes from back to front because it’s easier. What’s really disgusting is that this conversation takes place in the kitchen.
    • Jameka is a bed maker. Her grandmother always told her that a made bed makes the room look cleaner.
    • Eric once shaved a line of hair on his leg.
    • Jen used to dress up her brother and call him “Eileen.”
    • Amber has a crush on Dustin because he reminds her of her boyfriend.

Thanks to Zach’s win in the food competition, dinner from Baja Fresh arrives. Jen is excited that slop eaters can partake in the feast. As they eat, they talk about hiding things in each other’s luggage, beer pong, and the dumb true/false game they’ve been playing all day. They make origami from pink paper at the table. Eric plays with one that has little flaps and unintentionally broadcasts the plan to backdoor Jen. He lifts the flap of paper for Jess and in his best Julie Chen voice says, “In an unfortunate turn of events, Jess, you will be joining Dustin and Jen in the sequester house week nine." Jen sits with the usual glassy stare so I’m not sure if she even caught Eric’s slip up.

Amber and Jameka get together in the hammock and you guessed it…..more talk of God and the game. I admit I zoned out for most of it because I can’t bear to listen to much more of this nonsense. It was comical the first half a dozen times. I’d need the bottle of the wine they’re drinking to get through it again. That’d be the red wine, the one they keep saying they hate, all the while chugging away. I did watch long enough to hear Jameka gently tell Amber that the modeling gig she’s dreaming about is pie in the sky. She does predict, however, that someone will pay for Amber to go to nursing school after seeing her on the show. Amber believes her because Jameka has a direct pipeline to God. I told you, this stuff writes itself. Amber just knows that she’d make a good inspirational speaker because she’s been on drugs. Now she’s a good mother, knows everything about relationships, and can get up in front of 10,000 people and cry. Truly inspiring, Amber.

Jess : I don’t like to get that far down. It gets too hot.

The rest of the night consists of more beer pong, more true/false, and more backbiting. Finally, everyone goes to bed and leaves Jess and Eric outside where they have their first fight over all of his secret alliances. It doesn’t last long and they’re back to the same flirty little games they’ve been playing all night. I keep waiting for Eric to make his big move on Jess because I know it’s coming. If he kisses the way he eats, I feel sorry for her. The boy is a very sloppy eater. Dick comes out for a smoke and a spit and they see the sunrise. Eric very sweetly points out that it is their first sunrise together and Dick promptly kills the mood by telling a story about himself. When he leaves, they discuss different scenarios of their relationship outside the house, Jess’ jealousy issues, and how they want CBS to pay for their wedding. They snuggle and Eric puts his head on her shoulder a few times. I think he’s finally going in for a kiss but then launches into more strategy talk or another round of “what if” questions about their relationship. I’ve obviously been watching them for too long because I’m starting to think these two are cute together. I haven’t even had that wine and I’m yelling at America’s Wuss to kiss her and get it over with already! But Eric is spineless still and at 8:00am, they head inside for some sleep. When my shift ends at noon, all of our little hammies are still tucked in and fast asleep.

True or false? lildago is sick of watching beer pong. Send me your answers by PM.
    Last edited by lildago; 08-19-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/18 Live Feed Recap - I Ain't Mad At Cha, Got Nothin But Love For Ya

You had me at the title and I giggled all the way through.

Thanks Lildago!

Oh and that would be TRUE btw.

Geez lil, you sure know how to make someone laugh.
    And your recap is up really early too, I'm used to them being posted like 5 hours or so after this... that's a good thing, though.

Great job!

True, great recap. Let's pray you don't have to listen to God's in game hotline ever again
    Reporting...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Loved your rooting for Eric to go in for the kiss....did we learn some other time that he's a virgin? Or nearly so? Or maybe Jess has been adament about not being filmed for their first kiss? It's pretty hard to believe he isn't really interested....

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Bravo Lil! what a great recap!!

This one had me in tears laughing...

They break from the prayer talk to discuss a little game and I’m sure that’s alright with God. After all, he’s interested in this game too, ya know?

Superb recap, MB!

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2534970;
    Loved your rooting for Eric to go in for the kiss....did we learn some other time that he's a virgin? Or nearly so? Or maybe Jess has been adament about not being filmed for their first kiss? It's pretty hard to believe he isn't really interested....
    I don't know about anyone else, but my gaydar goes up every time I see Eric. I think the interest in Jessica is part of his game.

Great recap lil! God must be doing some overtime, listening to these two. I hope he's payed in vacation time...

CCL

Great recap, lildago!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast