+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (Finale)

Loved the show
    Love RB
    Liked the ending

Sara hung herself with the speech, neither one of the speeches were very good. But Sara went on and on about women and charitable causes. Well she got what she wanted.
    I think the ending showed that RB lets people grow and change. He didnt expect perfection but wanted the raw material to shape and grow. Shawn's potential for growth was was greater to him. He could see Shawn changing. I like Sara too, I ws rooting for her since the beginning. I liked the two finalists. I wish I saw more of Gabe in the show. I watched all the episodes but didnt see all the great things both finalists refer too, what a horrible position to put him into. I would have done a coin toss.
    I kept thinking he had a crush on Sara, hormones speak louder than friendship. Two great friends but one makes your hormones surge, who would you pick?

I was glad to see Shawn pick Gabe in the end. It shows what a good guy he is.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

I don't see how Sara hung herself with her speech. Neither one was very good. I was expecting Shawn to win that easily, since he's the consummate salesman. I am not convinced that Shawn did change or grow. I think he just realized how he had to act during the contest. I still don't think that he would help a cabby with baggage unless he thought he was being watched.

Sara's talk about a charity helping women bothered Jermaine, but I don't understand why. Most charities target specifice groups or causes. I can't think of a single charity whose only goal is to "help people" without identifying how or why. I don't see how anybody could contribute to that.

I don't think that Shawn was a bad choice. I just think that Sara or even Gabriel would have been a better one. Although in the end, maybe everyone did get what they needed. I cannot picture Sara hanging from a harness below a helicopter taking a tour of the island. She would do it if she had to, but I don't think that she would ever do it for pleasure.

I loved the show too (most of the time - I could have easily done without the Steve/Jessica and Erica and Nicole against the world subplots.)

I like Richard Branson too. Not every rich person has to be as obnoxious as Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    I loved the show too (most of the time - I could have easily done without the Steve/Jessica and Erica and Nicole against the world subplots.)

I like Richard Branson too. Not every rich person has to be as obnoxious as Donald Trump.
    - totally agree

As for the Shawn/Sara comments, give me a side and I'll argue it.
    I hear ya!
    Support the FORT - Go Green

FORT Regular
    There is no doubt in my mind that Branson is a wealthy idiot. Sara clearly was the better choice, but perhaps she ended up with the better "prize."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345