+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (Finale)

FORT Newbie
    I am SO upset I wasted how many weeks watching this dud of a show! I, too, liked Sara from the get-go. And she absolutely, utterly proved herself worthy of the win. I detested Shawn from the beginning. How could Branson choose as the winner the very person who irked him most from the start? Shawn possesses not a single one of the character traits that supposedly were to be considered when choosing the winner!

If they attempt to pull off this HOAX of a show again, then call it what it is:

The Idiot Billionaire.

Call me a sucker for sentiment, but I loved this show and I loved the finale. Maybe it's because Branson is so genuine and likeable -- the anti-Trump. But also because the show seemed to appeal to the participants' more noble aspirations rather than their worst instincts (greed, cutthroat competitiveness, ego). Granted, there was plenty of ruthlessness, but it wasn't rewarded like it is on The Apprentice.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Premium Member
    It kinda sucks going through an entire season waiting for a particular person to get booted each week, only they never do, and in fact, end up winning the whole thing!! argh! Just please don't tell me this is what we can expect with Jonathan/Victoria on TAR currently!!

I just could not fathom Branson hiring the one person he truly considered eliminating the very first day due to his attitude, etc. - because I don't think we saw a completely different Shawn the rest of the season, he was pretty much just like he presented himself the first day, which I thought Branson did not appreciate. Odd. Guess now we can only hope Sarah pulls a Kwame and gets all the more lucrative opportunities for coming in second place.

The only good I can take away from this finale is the fact that hey, what do you know, FOX started a reality show and actually kept in it on until the final episode aired - amazing!

FORT Newbie
    I was so so so disappointed when Shawn. I have great respect for Richard Branson and all that he has accomplished and am just floored that he thought Shawn made a better candidate!!
    There were the four final challenges and as I saw them it was pretty much a draw on the speaches, Sarah won the physical challenge (I think Richard was vague on the rules specifically to see if a work-around would be used.... otherwise I couldn't see sending novices out there in the soon-to-be storm), the question and answer session pretty much went in favor of Sarah (especially when Shawn snapped about the lectures that prefaced each question) and finally had Richard sat in on the debate waged by Heather and Gabe he would've seen that Heather's argument was pretty much unfounded since she hadn't worked with Shawn on any of the tasks.
    Between the recap show last week and this weeks finale Shawn's flaws were highlighted and Sarah's weren't mentioned at all.....so? Creative editing? Why would the editors show so much negative about Shawn only to have him picked at the end? I mean, saying that he won't donate any to charity.... admitting that he doesn't listen to people..... and that silly-ass hair style!! {how old are you??} It doesn't show Richard's decision as thought out at all. I will have to agree with the other posters that say Richard got a pal to play with and that is about it.
    I knew Shawn was going to keep the money in the end when he admitted that some of his people haven't recieved paychecks! I think that was a slip.....
    Oh yeah, how weird was that when Richard came into Sarah's room to talk and she was still in bed??
    All in all I still liked this show better than Apprentice, just disappointed that they chose to show so much negative crap about Shawn only to have him win.

Well, I only caught a few drips and drabs of two episodes, plus the last hour yesterday. So maybe I'm totally wrong here, but based on what I did see:

1. As has already been alluded to, the clearly deliberate editing (how many shots do we need of Shawn saying "Oh, I think I really blew it...I really wish I hadn't picked Heather...I could really lose now..." blah blah blah) to make Shawn look like he didn't have a prayer told me right away that he was going to win.

2. Shawn looked like he could have been RB's son. I think the resemblance played in Shawn's favor.

3. Likewise, my impression was that RB wanted a winner (especially at this time in his life, when he's already made his millions) with whom he could have fun - sports, adventure, whatever. And while Sara might be the better business associate, Shawn might prove to be more fun. Sara was seasoned and (I'm guessing) a little too mature. Where's the fun there?

You know in real life, hiring managers often hire the person who sucks up to them the most, or the one whom they personally like best, or the one who's the prettiest or most handsome, even if that person isn't nearly as qualified (and may never ever be as qualified) as other candidates.

But do I really want to see that on TV?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Krom, you're flipping commentary (pun intended ) was hilarious!! Cuz it was exactly how I was watching it!!

I TOTALLY thought Sara should have won.. and I TOTALLY thought that Shawn was going to win from the first episode. It just seemed to me that Branson seemed to "like" him more.
    I dunno..but having that feeling throughout the show (Shawn winning) and then he DOES win.. Bugged me. Just a gut feeling that Branson had predetermined the winner. How annoying.

The challenges were really odd also. The sailboating & kite skiing.. ?? Just weird.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Hi Everyone,

I live in Utah so Shawn has been getting some press here on Tuesdays after each episode. Every Tuesday, LoveSac has been sponsoring a party/showing of each episode in downtown Salt Lake. From what I understand, admission to the showing was a "sac" of food for the Utah Food Bank. They mentioned in the paper how much food had been collected from these get togethers thoughout the past weeks and donated to the food bank, but I don't recall the exact number. It was quite a bit though. I live a couple hours away, so I was never able to attend any of them, but they looked fun. They mentioned on tonight's news that there are now 60 LoveSac stores throughout the U.S.

The comment on not paying his employees, from what I understand, was when he was first starting out his business, not now. I think he is doing OK now. They news mentioned how much business LoveSac did last year. I can't remember the exact number, but it was in the millions. They local news also did a feature on him and his wife several weeks ago. They have been living very modestly in a duplex apartment, most of his furniture was LoveSacs and he drives a 1979 Bronco (I think that's what it was.) This might change now.

I didn't watch a lot of the episodes, so I really have no comment on how "deserving" he may have been of winning, but I thought you might be interested in what the local news has been reporting.

FORT Fanatic
    I didn't manage to catch very episode of this show but I was a little surprised that in the last two there were no flashbacks to the episode where Sarah and another colleague had the challenge of going over the gorge in a "barrell" (so to speak). When that was ove and Sarah was chosen to go on, she got on the airplane and was really yappy and people were not happy about her.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Call me a sucker for sentiment, but I loved this show and I loved the finale. Maybe it's because Branson is so genuine and likeable -- the anti-Trump. But also because the show seemed to appeal to the participants' more noble aspirations rather than their worst instincts (greed, cutthroat competitiveness, ego). Granted, there was plenty of ruthlessness, but it wasn't rewarded like it is on The Apprentice.
    I'll second those thoughts.

I liked both Shawn and Sara, and it only matters to me that Richard got the co-worker he wants. My heart was actually pounding when I was watching Shawn deciding between the money and the coin toss. I knew the coin toss would be too reckless for Richard's tastes. It's too bad this show didn't get the ratings of The Apprentice. I'd take Branson over Trump any day.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    I didn't manage to catch very episode of this show but I was a little surprised that in the last two there were no flashbacks to the episode where Sarah and another colleague had the challenge of going over the gorge in a "barrell" (so to speak). When that was ove and Sarah was chosen to go on, she got on the airplane and was really yappy and people were not happy about her.
    That was Nikki, not Sarah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast