+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers** (Finale)

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Ah, I see. Sounds like a great finale...wait...what???? Shawn??? Why???

Branson says he needs a decision "right now" but then changes his mind and lets the other contestants argue it out with Shawn. He takes 45 minutes. The vast majority of them are yelling for him to take the risk. Gabe seems to favor playing it safe--asking Shawn to consider what that million could do for his company.

It was a trick--Branson expected and wanted Shawn to refuse the coin toss. A 50% chance is a bad risk he says. It's the Victoria Falls test all over again.

The actual prize is 3 months as a kind of co-president with Richard (more likely as his Apprentice). At the end of that, if both men are satisfied, Richard will start a new company and give Shawn a big stake in it for him to run.

So maybe Branson had something if the result he wanted was to not take the risk. Sara looked like she might have.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-11-2005 at 09:55 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It was a trick--Branson expected and wanted Shawn to refuse the coin toss. A 50% chance is a bad risk he says. It's the Victoria Falls test all over again.
    I kind of expected that. 3 months? He should have taken the million.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Branson says he needs a decision "right now" but then changes his mind and lets the other contestants argue it out with Shawn. He takes 45 minutes. The vast majority of them are yelling for him to take the risk. Gabe seems to favor playing it safe--asking Shawn to consider what that million could do for his company.

The actual prize is 3 months as a kind of co-president with Richard (more likely as his Apprentice). At the end of that, if both men are satisfied, Richard will start a new company and give Shawn a big stake in it for him to run.

So maybe Branson had something if the result he wanted was to not take the risk. Sara looked like she might have.
    I think Sara was hoping for Shawn to take the risk so that he'd walk away with nothing. I don't think she would have taken the risk.

Apparently Branson was only looking for someone to play with afterall.

I read that Shawn is already a multi millionaire. For him, opting for the coin toss is the correct choice, IMO. I agree, I think Sara would have taken the million- I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Apparently Branson was only looking for someone to play with afterall.

All this "play" with an anti-climatic ending. :phhht

I have a theory that Gabe was actually put up to his suggestion to be cautious by Branson. Part of the challenge was to see if Shawn could follow sensible advice, as well as NOT take a bad risk.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Okay.. I *knew* he would pick Gabriel.. because he seemed like the type of guy to make choices mostly based on emotion. So, it probably didn't occur to him to "think it out" and be like- well, Gabriel picked Sarah both times, he must feel she is a stronger leader blah blah blah. He didn't care about what Gabe thought.. he only cared about how he felt towards Gabe. So, the positive side of his self-preoccupation is a sort of fierce loyalty.

On the flip side, we've seen how Shawn was a *horrible* listener... he didn't even know for sure what his best pal Gabe did! I would *not* want a boss like that who does not know me (or my strengths/weaknesses) and basically just treats me based the way his own moods dictate.

He seems like the type of guy who would be a lot of fun to be around... when things are going well. You know, the type of boss who might do something spontaneous, like give everyone big bonuses/gifts after a project is completed successfully. But that simply has to do with his own feelings: he feels great, so he's generous. What about when things aren't going well? We've seen how disruptive and rude he can be.

The point is, whatever he does, he does because of his own feelings, goals, and dreams. When he gives, he does so based on his own feelings for others. Does he ever consider what others might *want*? Or is it more just a blind satiation of his own ego? He seems to like shocking people. I'm sure it made him feel good to "reward" Gabe by not holding his earlier "betrayals" against him. Just feeds into his already enormous ego.

Argghh.. this was a long post because I *hate* Shawn! :phhht

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    The only thing that would have made this finale worse, is if Shawn would have won. Oh wait...crap show, crap finale.

I guess this is a good time to tell Krom that I like your new avatar. I think I have 3 new folds on my forehead from cringing everytime I saw Gary Coleman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast