+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 01/04 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

No, this show was more of an "interactive recap spattered with Branson's personal comments". A more interesting recap episode than most, but still, a recap.

Sara seems to be an even-keel, good leader who thinks first and then acts accordingly. Shawn seems to be a big-idea-man who sometimes hits HUGE and sometimes falls flat, but always takes the gamble. It's an interesting choice Branson has to make, but I'd hope he's looking for someone more like Sara to run his companies than someone like Shawn - one eccentric big-idea-guy in charge is enough for any company.

I am obviously in the minority, but I enjoyed last night's episode. For me the best part of the show was always Richard Branson. It was interesting to hear him speak about what he thought of the contestants. His narration during the series was always more interesting than what the contestants had to say.

I also liked seeing Sara and Shawn's audition tapes. I liked Sara's little disco room.

It is interesting that the last 2 contestants are both people that were almost sent home in the first episode. Both in the episode when Richard sent Candida home and in his autobiography, Richard said that he feels that he makes his mind up about people after about 30 seconds. (He also says that's how long it takes him to get a feel for a business proposition).

I've always been a fan of Sara, but I still think that Shawn will win. He may be a loose cannon, but I think that he has more of a risk-taker attitude than Sara. Sara is more of a careful, step by step person. However I definitely think that Sara wins on the character issue and Richard did say that was an important part of his evaluation. Shawn can be very irritating and he certainly showed his arrogant side during the initial cab ride. I was also not impressed by last night's revelation that he was the instigator of the Steve/Jessica fight. I really did not like Steve, but that's beside the point. Shawn stirred up trouble just for his own amusement.

Sara showed a lot of determination during the show and I hadn't noticed that after the first week she never lost a challenge. Shawn lost several times and was chosen for the final challenge several times. So Richard had plenty of opportunities to send Shawn home, but didn't. Still after seeing Richard's review of his performance I am kind of suprised that he made it to the final two. Having done so, I think that Shawn will win because I think that Shawn is more of a risk taker and that certainly fits in with Richard Branson's character.

I wonder to what extent the other contestants evaluation will count with Richard. I think that Shawn must have made some enemies along the line.

I think that coin toss they showed on the preview has more to do with a decision that winner has to make after Richard makes his final choice, rather than helping decide the winner. Obviously the speeches are not the final deciding factor, since Richard hinted that they should watch the wind surfers carefully.

Necker is some island. Richard mentions buying it in his autobiography. He bought it in 1979 for 180,000 pounds (the asking price was 3,000,000 but the owner was in a hurry to sell). There was no development on the island at the time, and no paths through it and it didn't even have a water supply.

Premium Member
    I am not really impressed with either finalist. Both have taken someone else's product and put their own spin on it to make their success. Okay, true, I suppose that's how Bill Gates got where he is today, but still... I would choose Sara over Shawn, though. We have already experienced on other shows a contestant who should've gotten booted on the first episode (ahem, Chris Daugherty) winning the whole thing and I'd hate to see Shawn be as lucky. His contribution/leadership to the majority of other missions was just worthless.

And I wonder what the other Mormon's think of his product slogan "Chicks Love Sac"...

I am thinking Shawn will win due to the fact that despite his less than respectful attitude and apparent lack of skills, Sir Richard has kept him around until the very end, hopefully for reasons other than entertainment (ala Dominic on The Benefactor, perhaps?).

I did find it interesting that Sara, owner of her own basement discotheque, had such troubles with the dancing in their Virgin Galactic promo piece...

I wasn't expecting a recap episode this week, that was kind lame we were not warned.

I missed some of the eps so this was a good way for me to catch up. Branson's narration was great, because the winner will be chosen based on his impressions. I read a TV Guide article that said how far superior this show is to The Apprentice and I agree. I don't know why it wasn't watched by more people.

I think Sara will win. Shawn has proven to be inconsistant and annoying. I can't see Branson making someone a business leader who can't play nice with others.

On the previews didn't he said something about giving up a million dollars for something else with the coin toss?

Next week...

On the previews didn't he said something about giving up a million dollars for something else with the coin toss?
    This isn't a spoiler, because it was revealed on the very first show. The "alternate prize" is being president of Virgin for a year.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I also thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I love the behind the scenes, recap and getting Branson's insights. I've become a big fan of Branson's. The impression I had going into this show was that he was just a lucky guy, but he really does have the goods to back it up.
    I got the feeling that the producers were gearing up for a Shawn win by showing clips that left a negative impression of him, but I hope and hope that it is Sara that wins. I think that while Branson can appreciate Shawn's wildness, I would hope that he has also seen that Shawn has lost alot of the challenges, leaving the impression that his risk taking doesn't pay off in the end.
    Also, with the exception of Nicole, pretty much every candidate that got the ticket home was all smiles when he/she opened the envelope.... what's up with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123