+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least Midnight Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Am I the only person who watched tonight's episode??

I like this show. I don't understand why there isn't more interest in it. I have enjoyed it more than this season's Apprentice.

I really hope the evil twins get sent home next week.

FORT Fogey
    I watched the beginning but was flipping from AR to this show. It's well different, i can't say that i'll be tuning in every week. Anyway who was eliminated, i missed that part.

I want to know what happened also...I was out shopping and missed it , and managed to forget to set a timer to record TAR at the same time...bummer!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I guess I am the only one who watched the show and taped the Amazing Race. Gabriel's team had a sumo wrestler against Sir Richard than a demonstration of the features of the VIP seat (along with some homemade signs carried by Heather and Candida). Sir Richard said that the presentation was informative but did not really connect with the intended audience.

Erica's team (although most of the work seems to have been done by Shawn) had a couple of Japanese musicians and Shawn playing the piano and singing a jingle about the VIP seats. Erica, Sara and Nicole were dressed as flight attendants. They did a little dance routine and interacted with a Japanese businessman playing the role of passenger. Richard said that it was somewhat lacking in substance, but it did connect with the audience and he was impressed that they managed to pull it together in so short a time.

Gabriel's team lost and he chose Candida to go against in the final challenge.

After he had already chosen Candida he found out some things about Heather that made him regret his choice. (In a meeting that some of them they had they had discussed how rude and offensive Erica and Nicole were, not only to Candida, but to most of the rest of them at one time or another. Heather said that she would tell them to their faces how offensive they were the next time she saw either of them. When Erica asked her about the meeting, Heather admitted that it was about them and that some of the others complained about their behaviour. But Heather said that she herself had never seen either of them say or do anything objectionable.) So obviously the show is trying to portray Erica and Nicole as villains, but now Heather as well.

After learning some of this from Sara, Gabriel sat down with Candida and the two bonded somewhat.

The final challenge took place at a Virgin company picnic. Gabriel and Candida had to climb up to a platform. Going from this platform to another were a couple of parallel high wires. The two of them had to cross from one platform to another facing each other and leaning on each other for support. They would have 2 attempts. They fell about 1/3 of the way on the first attempt. On the second attempt they made it. (During the crossing the others were lying on the ground beneath. Nicole kept calling out "fall, fall, fall"). When the finished Sir Richard admitted that his experts had thought that it would take 7-8 attempts to figure out how to do it and to make a successful crossing.

Richard said that to a certain extent Candida had redeemed herself. He said that he usually could judge someone within 30 seconds of meeting them. He also said that he was very wrong about Candida and that he regretted sending her home, but that because she had lost more than Gabriel, Gabriel had to be given the benefit of the doubt (even though he seemed to be a better team player than a leader and did not seem very creative.)

I have been watching this show this year instead of TAR. While I like TAR it has become to much of the same ol same ol for me. Each season is so much like the others, the only thing that changes are the people racing. I like the Rebel because it is different & Richard Branson is much more interesting than The Donald. He isn't afraid to go out on a limb & make a fool of himself if necessary. Can you imagine Trump fighting a Sumo wrestler? The only thing Trump fights is his creditors. I picked Shawn to win this thing a few weeks back & I see no reason to change that now.

I agree with you about Shawn. I did not like him at first and his hair still bugs me, but he has shown more initiative than anyone else.

Based on what we have seen so far I don't see how Sir Richard can hire Nicole, Erica or Heather. They just seem too manipulative. Gabriel seems like a nice guy, but I don't think that he has demonstrated much leadership ability. I have liked Sara from the beginning, but she doesn't seem to have done much since the first episode.

I also agree with you about Trump. Trump is an obnoxious bully. He seems to enjoy berating people. Besides being a more interesting person Branson seems to actually care about the contestants. He also tries to emphasize the positive, even when he has to send them home.

I started reading Branson's autobiography. He says that he hates firing people and when he has to do it, he gets someone else to do the actual firing. Sending the contestants home must be really difficult for him.

I like Shawn and Sarah the best out of the people left. I wish someone would give a Shawn a comb, and show him how properly use it.

I really hoped this show would be a success. Anything to shut up the annoying Donald. Richard Branson has the one thing Donald seriously lacks...class.

Shawn is still the favorite to win, imo. His portrayal remains very, very positive, with this episode once again highlighting his significant contributions to the task -- and with no downside.

Sara and Gabe got big boosts last night. Sara's been pretty invisible lately, but, now that she's "reappeared", she came off looking pretty good. And even though Gabe was the loser of the task and then had second thoughts about selecting Candida for the challenge, his performance on the high wire was awesome. He literally willed her across the wire.

Heather suffered a fairly serious blow to her chances. This close to the end we should be seeing her character coming into focus. Instead, it got blurrier. Is she weak-willed or devious? Does she have convictions or not? Who knows?

I think we can safely rule out Erika and Nikki (especially!) from having a shot at the Winner's Circle. Nikki has looked bad before, but I think her "fall, fall, fall" chant was the lowest of the low. No way would Branson end up picking her after that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast