+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hey LAGuy,
    Your point about Gabe having second thoughts towards Candida brings up a question. The way the show was edited Branson told Gabe that he didn't have to choose an opponent until they got back to London. However, it seemed that Gabe made the choice while still in Japan. If he hadn't told Richard about his choice, why couldn't he have taken Candida off the block & gone against Heather? Maybe I missed something?

razorbacker,
    You didn't miss anything. I was confused about this, too. Here's my guess at what may have happened:

Gabe made his decision in Japan and talked to Candida and Heather about it there. But that doesn't mean he told Richard about it there. Then, once they returned from Japan, several days went by before the Virgin picnic. It was during that time that Gabe started having second thoughts, but he had already communicated his decision to Richard in some way (off camera). Then it became impossible for him to change his mind and put Heather in Candida's place.

I also think Shawn has it in the bag. Shawn is a little bit of a rebel with a lot of creativity and enthusiasm. Branson likes him a lot, and it shows. Unless, Shawn messes up big time, he'll be the winner.

I like Gabe too, but he doesn't have the "it" that Shawn has. Still, I would take Gabe, anytime.

I know what happens when you assume things, but the only assumption that makes sense is that sometime off camera Gabriel had told Richard that he would face Candida, before he had second thoughts.

I guess the editors didn't think that scene was as dramatic as the soap opera-ish fighting between the contestants that they have been spotlighting the last few episodes.

I wonder what would have happened if he had gone back to Richard and explained that he had learned some things to cause him to change his mind. Would Richard have counted it against him as being indecisive or would he have given him credit for adapting to new circumstances?

William13,
    These are good points, & I don't know how to answer them, but I believe he would have fired Heather if for no reason other than by firing Gabe he would have been left with only one male competitor. Gabe would have definitely looked wishy, washy in his decision making but as Branson said, he had no bad words about Gabe from any of the other contestants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12